Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife on defence

Wife on defence

It was a beautiful summer day yesterday and I invited some friends and family for a BBQ, but it turned into world war 3. Sorry it's alittle long.
    From the first day I meet my sister in law some thirty years back we hit it off, we have become great freinds and I believed if I was going to tell anyone else about my dressing it was going to be her. Well last night the discussion came up about the transgender washrooms and about the transgender person who was the first to throw the first pitch at a professional baseball game.
    Well my sister in laws true colours came out, telling everyone that she wants a man walking beside her not a half women, and that if it was to happen in her house to her husband or sons she would make sure that she would get them help and cure them of this sickness and mental illness, because it's just not normal. WOW!
    Well my wife pulls out her chair, gives her a look to kill and walks in the house, let's say my wife isn't one to hold back and is not scared to share her opinion. Once everyone left, my sister in law asked after that look if my wife had anything she wanted to say to her. My wife told her she would love to but didn't think my sister in law could handle the truth of what she was about to say, my sister in law gave the bring it on hand signal, I poured myself another drink and sat down to watch the show begin.
    My wife started off telling her what a great score my wife's brother was, athlet of the year in high school and how great it is to have this strong man walking beside her. He's so great that when his son was getting bullied in school he had no time or patients that my son and myself had to take him to counselling and when my nephew had a drug addiction, again my son and myself had to take time out of schedule and bring him to rehab, my wife went on about there renovation on there house that her husband didn't like to dirty his hands and that I did the demolition, the electrical, plumbing hardwood floor to save them money on labour. So she summed it up by telling her besides her husband looking good beside her that's pretty much that all he's good for, and if my son and I would tell my wife that we were gay or transgender, she would support us and get us help to live with it, not to cure the mental illness, and that maybe my sister in law should look in the mirror and instead of trying to paint this pretty picture for the public to see what a perfect family she has, maybe she should start not worrying about what people see and instead take some time to repair the problems in her home that is more like mental illness.
    My wife asked her if my son or myself came out that we were gay or transgender, looking back at everything we did for her and her family if it would change the way she looked at us, or would she see a mental illness and wipe out all the time and effort we invested to help her family. My sister in law said that would be different because she knows us and knows we are good people, my wife then asked her why she judges other people if she doesn't know them.
    My sister in law then apologized to my wife and told her she will be more careful in the future, but when then went home my wife said, it's to bad all people care about is what the public sees and not see the real problems in there homes and people are never going to change.
    I thanked my wife for what she was trying to do, and that the ball is rolling but there's still a long road ahead. sorry it was alittle long, I was very disappointed with my sister in law but have to realize there are more like her and there always isn't a person like my wife there to defend us.

Maria wow a very very nice story thank you. Connie

Good for your wife. It's mostly about people just being people but a lot of folks can't see that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Great story Maria, Major to your wife for standing up to her sister,
    and setting her straight,

Very well said by her.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have to say you have some interesting stories, so I know from a previous post your SIL said something derogatory to you. So nothing has come of that? Sounded like what she said to you before def implied knowledge.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Kudos to your amazing wife!

*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*
    I want to grab your wife and give a big, giant hug!

She is definitely a keeper.
    And THAT is how one supports the LGBTQ community.... by being a decent human being and coming to the defense.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Unfortunately that is the opinion of far too many people. Kudos to your wife for telling your SIL what real life is all about.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    Thanks for sharing an interesting story, it's good to hear that your wife has her values right and cares for the people that matter.

The points she made about your commitment to help other people did sink with your sister in law, I have the consolation that despite my CDing I did very much the same thing to help people out, aside from working round the clock myself .

I'm afraid there many in society that think members of the TG community are suffering from a mental illness, if we really want to stop there is a cure. I know I had to put my sister in law straight when she suggested I needed to get out of the house more, as if the problem was in my home, I pointed out the problem was in my head and it goes with me 24/7. The penny did drop and her husband who farms said I could dress and walk round his fields, which wasn't such a great idea in the middle of winter ! That's irrelevant now because I go out socially anyway, ironically I drive past their farm every month on my way to my meetings , maybe I should stop off for a coffee .

Hats off to your wife. More people should have her attitude and conviction to state her beliefs. I applaud her!
    Di

SIL sound like myu family of origin. A guy i hear on the radio late, has asked, "Why is it that you can solve everyone else's problems, but not your own?" I am hoping to mak the final escape from my toxic brothers and sister, right after my dad dies soon. Sadly, then, i will have no relatives left.

Please give your wife a big thank-you from me also, hats off to her for having her say and I do so hope that your sister in law will learn from what was said to her.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

your wife certainly earned her battle star good for her to stand up to her sister

Maria your wife is a way cool lady hun.
    Angie

You have an amazing wife, Maria! There certainly are too many ignorant, judgmental people who don't care for our community.
    I met one yesterday at the Lodon Pride gathering in Trafalgar Square. Sadly, to tell you about it would break the rules of this forum, so you will have to guess the context in which our discussion took place.

I hope your sister-in-law will have learned something from your wife's telling-off, you and your sister-in-law will be able to resume your great relationship. Don't let this glitch spoil it.

All the best, G

A good wife indeed

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    It doesn't sound like WW3, more like your wife launched a well aimed ground-to-airhead missile...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Well done to your wife on explaining how things should be.

I think the most telling statement was that of your Sister In Law.

"that would be different because she knows us and knows we are good people,"

Sadly I am sure your SIL is not alone in thinking like that. I hope what your wife said to her will change her attitude and maybe even feel able to ask the same questions on others in the future.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

You have a great wife. Congratulations on your sound judgement in spouses and give her a big hug for me.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Please thank your wife for defending us. I love how much strength women gave when they are defending their loved ones.

what a great wife you have Maria! i would like to think that most
    people would do what your wife did, but sad to say i think not!
    paula

Hi Maria.

It sounds like you're married to an amazing lady! Hope your sis in law changes her attitude.

Molly.
    Just be who you wanna be - even if only for a few hours here & there!

Great story. Hope those relationships stay strong.

Maria, your story had me spell bound and I could have enjoyed reading more. Your wife deserves the Crossdressing Medal of Honor. She went way above the call of duty.

I am not out to many people, but it is my nature to help anyone in need. I have often wondered how those same people would react if they knew I was part of the Transgender Community, and the next time I showed up dressed like a woman to do electrical, plumbing or carpentry for them. Your story answered parts for me.
    Last edited by Amy Lynn3; 06-26-2016 at 12:36 PM.

great story and I agree! strength is not acting like a man , it is being you and doing what is correct.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.