Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passing In Fem

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    It doesn't bother me what they might say, but it must happen on occasions.

I did overhear one comment which made me smile, I bought a pair of heels from Next, one SA couldn't believe I was wearing them to try them out in the shop so she called another SA over, a third SA overheard us and came to have a look. As I left the shop one SA said wow I'd love to see my dad wear heels like that !!

Banned Read only
    Jennifer sorry you can't follow or understand, re-read my #12 thread, this should clear it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Colleen thanks for the thread, there has got to be many, many more that do this and feel so happy and free to enjoy the toned down feminine presentation. If we could do more we would but "it is what it is" and what the Good Lord gave us. Great wife you have !!!
    I love my wife dearly deebra, in fact it was playtime one night after a few glasses of wine that really gave me the bug for dressing. I never really see the pink fog, but over the years, the love of feeling "nice clothes" became the norm for me. around the house i am usually a man in nylons and skirt, or leggings, painted nails (both feet and hands) and my family and friends never comment. My landlady who lives next to us, will make silly comments but has accepted me as i am and has told me so, in fact, she sometimes comments on what i am wearing in a good way and she is almost 70.
    Again, Like Eddie izzard, i wear clothes that i am comfortable in and i am comfortable with what i wear. I have never noticed anyone staring or sniggering at me and believe me, neither has my wife. who decided what men and women should wear anyway.

No in between for me. If I went out fem, passing would be a top priority. That would means situationally appropriate clothes and behavior, because that's who I am trying to be. Even at home, its a consideration, again because that's where I am.

To play the alphabet game, I probably lean more towards TG that CD, but there's lots of blending.

I'm out in the real world a lot ,I'm sure I'm read sometimes but most people don't seem to notice ,I never mix my genders
    I dress 100% female or 100% male, I prefer being female

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Let me explain further, dressing as I described will enable a male crossdresser that because of face, height and build will not pass even dressed fully will allow him to buy and wear girl clothes in public, get that being a woman feeling that comes when dressed and out in public and PASSING.
    When you say 'PASSING' in this circumstance I assume you mean continuing to pass as a, more or less, normally dressed male even though you are wearing some visible women's clothing.

I wear leggings and even, at times, tights and women's athletic shorts (always black) to yoga and while walking on public paths. I'm convinced by the relative lack of reaction that I continue to pass as a male, and I'm not seen, even remotely, as an androgynous male or crossdresser. There is nothing androgynous or femme about the way I look. If anything the people I see might assume by the way I'm dressed that I'm gay (I'm not), but that wouldn't bother me in the least.

I should add that I will wear women's short athletic shorts (bike style) without tights too while 'exercise' walking when the weather is warm enough. My legs are long (33" inseam) and lean and tan well shaped and always hair free. The most and only femme part of me.

On the rare occasion that I go out en femme--wig makeup, forms, heels, etc.--I go for it 100%.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 07-04-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    I'm out in the real world a lot ,I'm sure I'm read sometimes but most people don't seem to notice ,I never mix my genders
    I dress 100% female or 100% male, I prefer being female
    What Julie said

What Jillian and Julie said.

It sounds like what folks are saying is we go with what we are comfortable with. I’m sure that I am not alone in this, but my comfort level has increased over the years, and I’m most comfortable wearing what other women are wearing. (Here in my part of Florida that generally means shorts, jeans or capris and sandals or sneakers during the day.) I’m treated as a woman most of the time, and that suits the woman within.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    After reading all the threads I'm sure there is one thing we all can agree on, To each his/her own and what you are comfortable with; and even though we dress differently we are accepting and O.K. with each other, and one other thing, we all wear panties.

I go out often. I dress to pass as best as possible. I would say I pass at a distance. Walking in town, into a restaurant or bar, I can do so with comfort. But, yes, if someone scrutinizes me or stops to talk to me, they will figure it out. I would not say my dressing routine is comfortable. Corset, hip pads, gel bra to make cleave, contouring makeup. I really enjoy the look. But would I say comfortable? No.

Quote Originally Posted by sara.rafaela View Post
    I go out often. I dress to pass as best as possible. I would say I pass at a distance. Walking in town, into a restaurant or bar, I can do so with comfort. But, yes, if someone scrutinizes me or stops to talk to me, they will figure it out. I would not say my dressing routine is comfortable. Corset, hip pads, gel bra to make cleave, contouring makeup. I really enjoy the look. But would I say comfortable? No.
    I don't go out (well, a drive to the mailbox doesn't count) but if I had to guess, 30' in the daytime, 15' at night, I'd probably be good. Once I say anything, though, all bets are off. I can get away with just a waist cincher, but things would be better if I could lose that last pesky 15 lbs. It's amazing the difference a few pounds makes.

I am not a full-timer at all. But passing is important to me. I know I look very beautiful when dressed. Nobody can believe that a male body exists inside the fem clothes. Maybe, any man who sees me in fem mode might get "good ideas" about me.

I have to say, I have dressed for a lot of years. When out in public, it takes a lot more, your movements, your body, clothes, makeup, everything. I have met or have seen very few girls that are actually "passable" as I would look at being passable. But they were just beautiful girls! The ones that I have seen that are "passable" , are just so beautiful. I wish that I look half that good. I try to perfect my look more all the time, but even after so many years, I am still trying to perfect things, all I can do.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

My default 'male presentation' mode these days is closer to 'feminine androgynous'. In male mode, I prefer to wear women's jeans that lack a lot of obviously feminine detailing. I wear women's flat or slight wedge sandals or women's sneakers. I wear panties under the jeans, and a fairly unisex t-shirt. No bra, forms or hip pads, and usually not tucked. I keep my nails painted 24x7, and wear at least a simple gold ball stud pierced earrings at all times, even in male mode. In short, if I can find an item in the women's section that serves the same function as the male version and will pass as male for a casual glance, I'll buy and wear that rather than the male version. But if it gets clocked as female clothes, I couldn't care less.

Contrast that to when I am en-femme, and doing my best to pass, with the forms, hip pads, being tucked, wig, makeup, perfume, and a fully feminine wardrobe that may range from 'soccer mom at the grocery store' to 'hot babe at the nightclub'. I pass pretty well when I chose to do so. As for being definitely feminine or being more androgynous when en-femme, as opposed to when presenting male, that will depend on where I am going and what I am doing. I don't 'tone it down to be more accepted'. I also don't dress inappropriately to the venue. A miniskirt and 5 inch heels at the grocery store is right out, unless I am on my way back home from a night out dancing.

Tomorrow for example, I'm going on a hike that will be attended by a bunch of people with their dogs. Not all will be LGBTQ, though the group that is sponsoring the hike is for "LGBTQ-accepting' folks. I'll be wearing all women's clothes, and will be fully en-femme. But my clothes will likely consist of some nice capri-pants type jeans, running shoes with anklet socks, and a blouse, worn under a women's rain jacket. Every stitch I'll have on will be obviously feminine attire, yet suitable to going on a hike with my dog.

My male presentation gradually drifted toward androgeny. I wore mostly unembellished women's items that could be taken for male. Lots of cargo Capris and T-shirts. After a while I was pleasantly surprised to find that people gendered me as female anyway.

Since then I've gone full-time, but that androgynous period was important to my development.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    My male presentation gradually drifted toward androgeny. I wore mostly unembellished women's items that could be taken for male. Lots of cargo Capris and T-shirts. After a while I was pleasantly surprised to find that people gendered me as female anyway.

Since then I've gone full-time, but that androgynous period was important to my development.
    My story is much like Eryn's. I never thought of transitioning or go full time until I started to notice that I was always greated as a women by people that I met for the first time. I was just dressing the way I wanted to and I liked how I looked

Richelle

Aspiring Member
    I'm either present as 100 % male or 100% female. I don't mix them together. As for "passing"? As I'm out I think most people are so wrapped up in their own little worlds, are so busy, or just don't care so I pretty much blend in. I really think the passing term should be changed to blend in. I really don't care what others think so I guess that makes going out rather easy for me. I'm sure I'm not that passable but I interact quite a bit with people. I would say the close interaction outs me in a split second...but I've never had a problem from a rural town of under 100 inhabitants to large cities. I think mannerisms, etc are just as important as looks...
    Last edited by JamieQ; 07-09-2016 at 10:27 PM.