Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to pack it in . . . moving on in life

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    I will say in my final interview the one question that sticks out in my mind is "In our personal lives we sometimes find ourselves facing challenges. What is the greatest personal challenge you ever had to face and how did you deal with it and would you say you successfully met that challenge? Can you guess what my response was?
    That was a great question, assuming someone will make good use of the answer. If I were doing the interviewing, that question, and a straightforward answer, would weigh heavily.

We have every reason to believe that what you would like to have happen will be what turns out.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    Well . . . this is all Marcelle with no ghost of Marcel lurking around in the background to muddy the waters. I will say in my final interview the one question that sticks out in my mind is "In our personal lives we sometimes find ourselves facing challenges. What is the greatest personal challenge you ever had to face and how did you deal with it and would you say you successfully met that challenge? Can you guess what my response was?
    Hope you are successful in whatever you new career will be. Seems like your military career was successful. Don't know what your academic or military fields are. So I can't guess what your response was.

After my time in the company I transitioned in. My past Trans life had NO bearing to me on future jobs. I was in the computer maintenance fields in both military and later the same.
    Can't say I ever had that kind of question, not sure how I would have answered that, as being former Trans was not an issue I would volunteer. I would not lie if asked, but did not have any bearing for the future.

Marcelle,

Hope all the best for you either way it goes. Wow...among 5 hopefuls from 160 applicants...that's impressive in and of itself!

Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Marcelle; I have no doubt that whatever you pursue you will be successful and excel. A change is always a good thing.

All the best in the new endeavors ahead... Sounds like fun!
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Best of luck to you Marcelle!

35 years? Wow! That is impressive and something to be proud of!

I retired from the US military with 25 years of service. I'm also now working for the government in a senior management position. I think the biggest asset from a military career that carries over to a civilian leadership position is the ability to rapidly make reasonable, common sense decisions. Something that most military leaders have to do on a daily basis. You will be surprised at how often your bosses will seek your opinion based on your ability to focus on what needs to be accomplished while cutting through the BS and distractions.

Best of luck to you!

Debby
    Debby

35! congrats! When i finished my 35 with the phone co. it took about 4 months to realize i was done. then i began to move into my next vocation! i didn't retire, i just changed careers! well done! enjoy!

Wow !! Down to 5 from 160 that alone is quite an accomplishment to be proud of !!! Good luck on getting the position but regardless something to be proud of either way and something else to be proud of is having the courage to be part of the process.
    Best Wishes,
    Kym

Wow Marcelle...You've done so well already. You should be very proud. It's never easy to perform well during an extensive interviewing process...especially after being with the same employer for 35 years...
    Can't wait to hear from you.