Thread: And what do you do for fun?

And what do you do for fun?

I was at a new doctor today and I was being interviewed by the intake nurse, E.

E is twenty something, very cute and very, very vivacious.

So, she’s asking the normal questions and then she gets to the one I always hate, “What do you do for fun?”

My answer, “Not much at all.”

E: Come on. You must do something for fun.

Me: No not really.

She went on with her questions, I made a few jokes, and maybe flirted with her a little.

E: You seem like you really do have fun.

Me: No, I don’t think so.

She takes my driver’s license and insurance card to scan them in.

So, I’m alone in the room, thinking about what to do.

Then the medical tech comes in to perform some tests, then the X-ray tech, then the doctor and I’m done.

I get checked out but yet another girl at the front desk and E is talking to a patient. And I think, what the hay, I’m just going to do it. When E is done with the other patient, I ask her if I can talk to her and I ask her to follow me away from the front desk.

Me: Can you keep a secret?

E: Sure.

Me: I didn’t want you to think I don’t have any fun at all.

Me: I don't usually tell people about this because some people think it's weird or worse.

Me: I consider this privileged medical information under HIPPA (US medical privacy act).

Then I hand her my “girl business card” which has a girl picture of me and my contact information.

She looks at it and smiles.

E: That is so great. You look wonderful. I told you that you have fun.

E: My brother is a crossdresser too, but we didn’t know.

Me: Remember I told you that I got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint early Sunday morning? I had been out with 60 other girls.

E: Where were you?

Me: We were at a local hotel.

Me: How old is your brother?

E: He’s 26.

Me: If you’d like, I tell you how to contact the group.

E: Can I just contact you?

Me: Yeah, my email address is on the card.

Oh, and before we go back, I said can I show you something? So, I take off my shoe and a sock and expose my new hot pink pedicure.

E: Wow.

Then, we went back to the front desk, and she gave me a knowing smile as I left.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-27-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I gotta say thats pretty cool
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    S:

There are some people who just give off an aura of safety. And while they are not accepting of just anything, they are open-minded enough to hear, absorb and not judge. I think this is what you sensed in the nurse and that gave you the freedom to share your story.

DeeAnn

I would have just said I golf.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Next week I meet a new doctor for the first time. I so hope that question comes up. I guess it's asked to see if you have any relief from life's pressures.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Steffi,

That was awesome...

@--}----
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Steffi,
    That's a lovely story , thanks for sharing with us.

I've had so many funny moments , I recently had to see a physiotherapist about lack of movement in my left arm, he was Polish so we had some communication problems. I told him I needed more movement and gestured pulling up a dress zip. He didn't quite get it, at my next appointment I again told him what I was having problems with , then I said I hope he wouldn't be offended and then showed him a picture of me dressed. He gave a big smile and said no problem I will do my best to get your arm working again, then he added I see now why you have no hair on your body !
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-28-2016 at 10:39 AM.

What a neat story! You were brave to share, and it was rewarded by discovering yet another connection.
    Can you zip me up?

Wow Steffi, making out with the doctors nurse. Actually I had a nurse one time, years ago, she was quite a lover.
    Part Time Girl

In the 1980's before i was dressing, i had a number of very nice nurses at the low income clinic, but they were taken. I probably would say, i ride bicycle, fish a little, shoot baskets, roller and ice skate once in a blue moon. Play with my cats.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Am sure I have been asked this a few times... especially by barbers. Have answered "jeeping and radio communication.

But, I have never thought to offer up that I enjoy dressing as a lady. Actually my favorite pastime!

For fun... golf, cycling, martial arts (part owner in dojo), tennis, hiking, swimming, thrift store shopping.

Pretty much all of it with my super amazing gf.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Wonderful story.
    Amanda

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Love the story. Thank you.

Nice story. Great to hear that you could share a part of yourself with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Wow Steffi, making out with the doctors nurse. Actually I had a nurse one time, years ago, she was quite a lover.
    No making out. What gave you that idea? I'm married and she has a boy friend.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm impressed by that encounter.I had a similar experience last year when at the dermatologist. She had a trainee who commented on my smooth, unshaven body skin. I whispered to her that I was merely trying to maintain my feminine image. She smiled and blushed a little, but said nothing.

Banned Read only
    That's an awesome story, thanks for sharing Steffi!

I get that vibe myself from younger GGs as well, kinda like "welcome aboard 😉 "

And confused looks from GMs like "umm, sorry to to see you jumping ship 😐 "