Thread: An Evening Out

An Evening Out

Hi,

I am new enough to adventures out in the world that I wanted to share my experiences today. Just as most of the other girls around here report, nothing to exciting happened, lighting didn't strike, no news helicopters, or anything else I was just another girl out on the town.

I flew into St Louis this afternoon. I was planning on fly pretty but between some nerves and mostly logistics it didn't happen. The flight in was uneventful found my hotel and got settled in. It was about 90 degrees and humid as all get out for this desert rat, so I opted to stay in my room and work on some reports for a while. As 6 pm approached I decided it was time to go get ready for dinner. This is where I was glad that I decided not to fly pretty. Today was the first time I did makeup all by myself and it took me well over an hour. Had to wipe the whole face off once and start over but I was really happy with the results. I tried on a couple of shirts I haven't had an opportunity to wear yet then put on my favorite blue dress. Did a couple of last minute touch ups, checked in with the family and headed out the door.

I have to admit even though I have been out before, heading out the door in a town I only very briefly been to once before was a little nerve wracking but I went for it. Took the elevator to the door, though for a moment about using the side entrance and decided the heck with it, I am going out the main lobby door. Made it to my car and discovered that I forgot my cellphone. Darn it.... Went back to my room, double checked myself in the mirror and headed back out again.

I found an Olive Garden not to far away and went there, the sun was starting to get low and I was no longer afraid of melting. As I went in I was greeted by the hostess, she was very pleasant and seated me promptly. She seemed a little fixated on my chest, not use to that, especially from a woman, not sure if I was lop sided, carrying to high or what, what she showed me to my table. I then met my waiter and again he was very kind, ma'med me and everything. Honesty he and everyone with possible exception of the hostess treated me as I image they would a GG. I had a house salad and the Garlio Rosemary Chicken, it was very good. I am not usually a fan of Olive Garden, but not knowing the area I didn't want to be to adventurous. I figured it was safest to stick to busy areas populated mostly with family folk.

After dinner I found a CVS and picked up some pop and water for the evening. The clerk loved my nails and told me she has been meaning to try out blue nails but hasn't been brave enough yet. From there I headed back to my hotel. Went to my room to drop off my drinks and do one last check in with my family for the evening. I have to be honest, this girl does not like sitting in a hotel room, I want to go out and live life. Not attract attention, I just want to be me and be with people just like I would if I were presenting as my male self. Unfortunately I was a little late for Barns and Noble, so after checking in with the family I headed back down stairs and had a couple of glasses of wine at the hotel bar and watched some baseball. I didn't have any conversation with anybody but the bartender, but as I said before it was just nice to be out and not cooped up in some room. I had St. Vincent's Merlot, from California, it was a light red wine and just what the doctor ordered for the evening.

I drink very rarely, so after two glasses making to the elevator in heels was a little wobbly, but it was ok. So here I am back in my room really wishing this evening won't come to an end. I think this is the longest I have ever gotten to dress as Melissa and alas I am lamenting the thought of having to deconstruct Melissa. Wish I had a nightie at least... But the time is coming, I have to get to bed, I have meetings in the morning and fly back home tomorrow evening.

It was a great afternoon and I am so glad I got the chance to go out.

Thank you for listening,

Millie

PS: Nails, must work on nails... I did better than my young daughter but they were definitely far from manicure grade. Something for me to keep working on.

PPS: I will post a couple of pictures over on the Picture page
    The glass is neither half full, nor half empty. It is twice as large as it needs to be.

Congratulations on your time out. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. The problem with having fun while out is the later strong desire to do it again as soon as possible. Enjoy your moments. A trick for your nails if you have the time is to do them (always with a clear base coat to avoid staining the nails) is to do the best you can painting them. Let them dry completely, half a day or longer if possible, and then while taking a shower, gently scrape the over paint with your finger nail. Slowly but surely, you will get most off and have an almost perfect result. Thanks for sharing.

Hell-o Millie,
    That's an awesome solo adventure!
    Don't read to much into anyone's reactions.
    (People are just weird sometimes)
    I'm heading over to the pic gallery to check out
    those blue nails!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    BTW... Props on choosing the Ca. Red!
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Hi Millie,

As someone who spent many years on the road for business, it sounds to me like you had a relaxed and enjoyable afternoon/evening. Trust you'll enjoy many more as well.

Karen

Great post thanks for sharing

Allie, I did do a clear base and that helped a ton when it came to taking the polish off. Think I just need some practice, I only ever done my nails like 3 times.