Thread: My story

My story

I was asked to post this so I am I am being honest as I can, I was born Carl Vaneyssen hence using Carla, 1968 my father was from South Africa mother from Mississippi my mother hated SA my father hated the states so at 4 my uncle who was vice ceo of exon flew us to England from Sa, my mother met Paul Kendall and married he owned Kendall Oil and later started Kayo oil, I knew I was different had no idea the word trans, so I kept quiet thought they would put me in a mental home, younger I only played with girl and would wear there clothes, at 13 I was sent to boarding school, after I graduated I moved into a apartment and started experimenting with dressing I would date women and trans women did not know if I was gay that went on to my 30s then in 2008 I decided to transition I knew what I had to do, wish I had done it but like the next day I met my soon to be wife she found photos of me and hated it got so mad about Carla I told her I would never do it again, but secretly I joined sites like this for me, I used to go on business trips just to dress I knew I was lying to her, but the urge was so strong and I was so scared of losing her, so in 2014 we separated and lived together, horrible mistake I started seeing Dr Clark in Miami feb 2014 and by July 2014 the decision to go on hormones was made, I had my letter. In July 2014 me and my wife talked I told her how I was feeling shortly she left I was devastated to suicide which I tried, unsuccessful we divorced sept 2014 I started hormones Oct 2014, I came out to my friends and family March 2015 , June 2015 I tripped on a dog gate and broke 8-9 ribs, was in and out of the hospital, two weeks later my ribs pierced my lung and I bled out I died and the hospital brought me back, they put titanium plates to repair, a new surgery only been done one or two times prior 65k , later 2015 I changed my name to Shelby Kendall a few years earlier my step father asked me to take his name I did, my step father died in 2015 my father in 2014 in 2015 I knew I had to be honest with everyone and started converting all my face book and social media to Shelby Kendall and photos to reflect , my advice to anyone new if you are out have a profile of your out not one of a guy and a girl I did huge mistake. Day to day life I have almost been jumped by 6 guys I tried to walk away they turned in my direction nothing happened but they called me baby girl freak etc, so I am careful where I go, dating more challenges, but navigating it day by day, I tell everyone I meet and for the most part accepting I am in South Florida , I wish I told my wife day one I know she would of stayed or left but we would of been friends if you are married or with someone else tell them and seek therapy or you may lose them but be true to you and your happiness it comes first if you are not happy how can you make someone else happy!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

as for weight loss did the quick weight loss system it works combined with exercise and walking swimming and bike riding it works after a month I quit and modified the program for me and follow it, I don't eat sugar or drink like I used to I like a few drinks not the bottle as I was drinking when I was so depressed as a guy

I forgot in 2016 I did breast aug a month later I had an infection they had to be removed I was devastated have to wait 5 more months to do again these photos with breast in and day they removed so sad about this transitioning is not easy 13151844_1685231928404886_8652715403599853995_n.jpg4.jpg

Shelby, I hope you make friends here. You've been through a lot.

I'll be your friend, but I cannot provide any support about transitioning matters (I'm a GG).
    Reine

I don't know if it will happen I post the truth, pics to prove it an supporting docs just a bad place to be sorry I am done

tomorrow I am going to take some trans girls and guys to do name change in court I know no one will believe me what is the point

Things don't happen overnight. It takes time to make friends and you've just started to post here regularly. Don't give up too soon, and maybe also focus on other people's issues by reading their threads and posting your thoughts. Friendships are never one sided, it's about being there for each other, not just others being there for you.

You've written a lot about yourself now, just let it sit for awhile and start participating regularly in other people's threads. Also, not everyone logs in every day.
    Reine

ok I will try

Thanks for elaborating Shelby, hope you understand why we are cautious at times.

Hopefully we can start afresh

You mention the weight loss a lot do you feel this is a significant achievement?
    I know what doesn't mean much too some people can have real relevance to ourselves. For example having my own hair was a major deal to me, I had a hair transplant and although it was a success I would like to do another transplant as it is still thin on top (can't afford it though).
    Also my Adams apple which I'm booked into to have shaved in two weeks. I've never struggled with my weight so perhaps I'm guilty of not recognizing the importance this has for you.

Can I ask did you notice a difference in the way you work post hormones?
    Closing a deal as a Realtor I imagine can be competitive at times, with the loss of testosterone I've noticed I don't feel that need to prove myself and wonder if your sales method has adapted with the mental changes?

Hi, becky I work 7 days a week, and have a good foreclosure business for years and brought me allot of clients, and i am always reaching out to them, they all no of the change and are ok, I am starting to work on the social media of attracting clients and using Tom Ferry principals as I work for Remax and get his training for free let you know how it goes , as for as working post hormones I just have a strong drive to succeed as a transgender realtor. When I first stated hormones my body I wanted to work on, and I am proud I did my next goal is srs, ffs , another hair transplant and of course breast aug so we will see. And yes we can start fresh

So you didn't notice any mental changes?
    I feel like I'm a different person emotionally to before and kinda wish I could change jobs as I feel uninterested in certain aspects and find I get fed up working at home alone and crave social interaction.
    I think my skills have subtly changed or at least my interests have.
    Also I'm perceived differently at work now especially by those who don't know my history which means I have to use different tactics to get some things done, it's not an issue as it works towards my personality but I have noticed the shift in work method.

I wish I could retrain as a therapist or Psychologist as I'm totally switched off to anything mechanical or engineering related which is kinda the bread and butter of my company

The physical changes have helped with aligning my sense of self but are secondary in power to the mental changes which is why I'm surprised you haven't really mentioned it.

I'm so much more communicative now but only held back by a deep dislike of my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby11 View Post
    my mother met Paul Kendall and married he owned Kendall Oil and later started Kayo oil,
    I guess it must have been a different Kendall Oil from the famous one:

http://www.kendallmotoroils.com/history/
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Carly, there is this Obit about Paul Kendall

http://www.timesfreepress.com/obits/...kendall/64171/ and reference to Kayo oil/

Of course it only mentions one marriage after WWII.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well, I...for one, think it's just horrible that her Father's obituary failed to mention either her or her Mother, and this in spite of naming his other three daughters, grandchildren and great grandchildren as well. Life just seems so unfair sometimes.

Geez people … The business dealings of Kendall & Co and Kayo Oil, and their acquisition by Conoco happened 15 years before Shelby was born! What child knows exactly the corporate name of an entity (Kendall & Co vs Kendall Oil) that became a subsidiary of a larger corporation 15 years before her birth, FGS.

Look on page 85 of this PDF document, "A Field Guide to Gas Stations in Texas", page 85: https://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdo...420-05-gui.pdf

"During the 1950s, Conoco bought Western Oil Company of Minneapolis, F.P. Kendall and Company (Kayo) of Chattanooga, and Douglas Oil Company of Los Angeles, thereby expanding its trade area exponentially."

F.P. Kendall (Francis Paul).

As to the obituary, if Paul married another woman while in England, do you not think there is a possibility that his children from his first marriage would not want to acknowledge this if their parents' divorce was a train wreck, especially if there were resulting money complaints or any other issues following the divorce.

What is this … a witch hunt? Have the doubters even bothered to look at the very long video (more proof than anyone else ever gives around here) where Shelby bears her soul? You may or may not agree with her transition process or some of the choices she has made, but to continue to treat her as if she is some figment of her own imagination because the name of her stepfather’s business before her own birth doesn't exactly match the first results in a Google search, or the fact that an obit written by the children of Paul's first marriage does not consider his subsequent relationship, is beyond … I don’t know what to call it. Gosh, it wasn’t even necessary for Shelby to share her male name, let alone her family history, so all of this is beside the point anyway.

Go look at the video. It's on the top left side of the link in the other thread, post #41. Shelby is here seeking support. She lost her marriage, she is dealing with the loss of clients due to her coming out, she is overcoming a drinking issue, she broke her ribs and punctured her lung, she had to have her BA removed due to an infection, FGS, on top of no doubt putting in very long days trying to maintain afloat, all while trying to maintain an overall positive attitude about the progress of her transition!

... and people wonder why so many transitioning TSs suffer from depression or other mental stresses that often lead to self harm.

</rant over>
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-02-2016 at 12:10 AM.
    Reine

Thanks ReineD , I feel like this was beyond cruel to go down this route what I post is true and I posted my story to clear things up not to be investigated by members here to lose a father, step father a best friend a wife in a three year period was devastating not to mention my ribs and issues I had with transitioning sometimes I don't know how I get up in the morning but I do and try to stay positive but there are times depression is there but I try to focus on other things transitioning is the hardest thing I ever did, I do because I have to not want to, and to be judged by people in my own community beyond belief.

I know Shelby and I'm sorry. The best I can explain and I hope you will understand, is that some people here felt really betrayed when members whom they had known for years and trusted, turned out to not have been who they said they were. Honesty is crucial in this place and it took a while for all your story to come out.

But, you have a video where it is apparent you are being yourself. And you have your realtor site, you are not attempting to hide even your real name (including your old name). So if people look at your video, I feel sure they will come around.
    Reine

Maybe one day thanks for being there and trusting me, ReineD and if anyone joins here in false pretenses they are just a tranny chaser or someone looking to commit harm to the community physically or mentally, people can be so mean

Give Shelby a chance watch the video first
    http://www.transitionradio.net/shelby_kendall.html