Thread: Out with nails on!

Silver Member

Out with nails on!

Yesterday, I had a long drive home, so decided to do it Pretty. In addition to my clothing, wig, jewelry and light makeup, I added Revlon, pre-glued,French manicured nails. When I got home and changed-out, I decided to leave the nails on, as I had things to do out of my general area. I was ready to answer questions about them, if asked, as I did not try to hide them. At least 6 women plus 1 male waiter saw them, but no questions asked nor comments made. I loved it!

Good for you Jenny. I go out with my nails painted all the time. Get compliments on them quite often.

The fun part is when a GG compliments your color! People do notice, which is the whole point of nail polish!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    See its no big deal Jenny keep those nails pretty and be proud.

I told my daughter recently that even if I wasn't dressing, it would be worth keeping my nails done as a way to get nice young women talking to me! It's a great convesation starter when a lady complements my nails and I am in male mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The fun part is when a GG compliments your color!
    Earlier in the week I was traveling and when going through a TSA checkpoint in Dallas the woman checking my documents said, "Nice nails!" I thanked her and strolled through the metal detector with a big smile, thinking how often do you get to say an interaction with TSA made you happy?

I wear long acrylic nails in French colors with a shiny gel topcoat full time. I sometimes add colored polish on the weekends or when I'm preparing for an outing, but probably only one or two days a month on average. It's not quite a daily thing, but I get comments on them several times a week -- 99.9% are positive, and a good number of the women want to talk about their own nail and salon experiences with me. Most recently it was the phlebotomist who stabbed me in the arm (all in the name of science) on Wednesday. I even think I've steered a few new customers to my excellent long time nail technician.

- Diane