Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing a distraction and limit the work you do

Crossdressing a distraction and limit the work you do

I like the feel of women clothing, the many style and choices and the softness of the fabric. The restriction and limited movement of tights, corset, shapewear and highheels. The one thing though I feel like it's a lot of distraction and limit the amount of work you can do in real life. I usually get the urge to dress, sometime a work, since I own my own business and work alone. Dressing take time and the restriction of the clothing feels good but amount of work you can do in those clothes is unbearable slow. You walk slower, bending is tough, and if you have breast it gets in the way. I would dress for 1-2 hour, then I can't stand it anymore with how slow I get stuff done and change back. Then I feel I just wasted 4 hours doing nothing productive.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I too enjoy such restrictions, especially those in high heels.
    However, I never have anything productive to do whilst en femme, it's just leisure for the time.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I also like everything about dressing you described, but I don't get that urge when I am at work because I work away from home.But I do get that urge when I am at home and I am trying to get something done. What I use is self control. I block the urge to dress unless I am doing housework. Then I dress and go about the day. You need to practice self control and just compartmentalize the urge and get the task at hand completed. That is how I handle it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    These days it's the total opposite for me: Tons of motivation & inspiration & moving around!

Here's my recent Introduction post explaining it...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ide-em-cowgirl!

And when I'm just chilling out at home, *not* working out, I wear these comfy clothes & do whatever it is I usually do. And for long stretches of time I'll forget I even have them on! Though admittedly, the sports bra can sometimes start getting to me after a while, and I'll eventually take it off at some point.

My advice for you is to learn what works, and what doesn't, when you need to do other things. You might have to scale it back a bit while working, maybe just the tights with shorts or a skirt you can move around in, with flats & a top -- no boobs & corset, etc.

Serious play-time can always come later.

I too enjoy those wonderful sensations and the challenge of finding other new and innovative ways to perform tasks as my femme self. Usually, I just get distracted though, and don't even finish half of what I am supposed to do.

i love the tug of my bra the stockings rubbing together the click of my heels cant get enough

I guess you could dress adequately for the tasks to be performed. GGs dress like GGs and work very fast and efficiently. Are you not overdressing for work?

Banned Read only
    Samantha,
    If you didn't restrict yourself to tight fitting clothes you can get work done, I've worn skirts, tops and heels for hours when decorating. I was asked to help a friend out while she was away so I painted her living room, while dressed. The problem was I forgot the neighbours across the road could see in and didn't give a thought until after spending some hours up a step ladder painting the ceiling .

While at home I dress to do most of the domestic work while my wife is out working, she doesn't wish to see me but knows I do dress to clean and cook the meals. The only restriction is having to put drab on before she arrives home.

Samantha,

Since you are running your own business, you must have paper work to do at times, That would be productive time you can be dressed in any manor you please.
    Joan58

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I used to do side work for a real estate company which allowed me to work in vacant properties undisturbed. It was manual labor/tool work so I derived a somewhat Rosie the Riveter outfit. Bib overalls, boobs, panties, work boots, wig with hair tied back in a bandana, full makeup and earrings, painted nails and perfume. It was very rugged and female. And certainly a lot of fun.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    If you are having a hard time working while dressed as a woman and your breasts get in the way, you are doing it wrong. Wouldn't an actual woman (with breasts) be able to do your job as well as you do it?

I have tried, but it's hot down here. I can dress, but have to leave the wig and forms out because it gets too hot wearing them. Jeans or capris, a bra and panty, shirt or blues, painted nails, etc. work just fine.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Samantha

I know what you mean about the sensations of dressing, but except when wearing a waist cincher I don't find the clothes constricting. When my SO is away and I can dress almost full time I try and line up some jobs specifically to do en femme. Recently I did some decorating, plumbing and other DIY en femme. After a few minutes I hardly noticed that I was dressed as a woman, except a couple of times in a tight corner doing some plumbing when the boobs did get in the way and I had to reposition. I guess a GG would automatically do that, and I was approaching the task in male think, but with boobs. The other time I noticed was when I tested the loo I had just installed!

I work from home and use the PC a lot. When dressed I often find I am distracted and I am wandering the internet looking at clothes, fashions and all things femme.
    But there are other times when I find being en femme seems to help and I can concentrate better, be more creative.

Really, there is no explaining it.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    From a business stand point if its unproductive then don't do it.
    Seems pretty simple.

Platinum Member
    You haven't said the type of work you do at home. I'm a retiree with a working wife. The work I do at home is domestic chores. I do the laundry, iron, wash dishes, baking, meal prep, vacuuming, tend the flower garden. I do all this a la June Cleaver, i.e., three inch heels, dress, bra, panty, slip, garter girdle/girdle, hosiery and apron. I have no problem at all doing all these chores, and, the leisure aspect of being at home. It sounds as if you're constricting yourself to the extent no woman would do it. Highs too high? Five inch heels? Shaping garment making you look like a stuffed sausage? Breast reduction needed? I know two women who had breast reductions. Need one? Perhaps a little reevaluation of what a woman wears in your line of work is needed. I am not supposing you're repairing cars for a living in your garage!

I always find crossdressing to be well worth the time spent getting ready and experiencing it. If I didn't, I wouldn't do it. Yes, hosiery and heels and forms and a corset can limit what can be done so I just don't dress when I need to exceed those limits.

The only distraction when I do chores at home is the extra time it takes to change and change back. I'll wear jeans and a t-shirt or tank top and I'm good to go.

OK, I take off the wig when I solder or need to stick my head somewhere tight and dirty like under a sink. I do drab when I work outside.

If the 'girls' get in the way I just giggle and suck the chest in more.

I never feel the time I spend dressing, regardless if it's one or two, or three things or more, is ever wasted. As I'm dressing I feel a calmness, a sense of comfort, achievement and softness. Yes, all good things come to an end, but my enjoyment I experience during my dressing time is time well spent.

Well, if you want to 'feel like a girl', seems like you're accomplishing it. Have to accept the bad with the good. Tights restrict your movements??
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Kara Zor-El
    I occasionally have the opportunity to work from home and I take full advantage. At first when dressing, it was typically distracting and manuevering was difficult but after a while I got used it. Now I spend the entire day dressed in skirts, tights, bra, heels etc and am more productive because working is now almost fun!

I only dress at home and at this time have no desire to venture out while dressed. I dress in from of my partner but that's it.
    I work as a climbing arborist so any thought of being enfemme is funny in every way. I do however think of how good it will be to get back home to put on my lady wear while working in a tree with a chain saw

Banned Read only
    I have never been in male clothing when I am working, most of the time it is just me and the soft ware that I up date with the systems I service. I think most of you know I am a field service rep, and I work all over the USA and Canada. It has never really been a distraction or inconvenience for me.

How about dressing comfy in either men's or women's clothes, get your work done (productively!) and then dress up, when you can emphasize UP.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Cross dressing to me isn't a distraction at all. It is something I look forward to after a hard day of work. I dress as often as possible, in the limits of my privacy.
    I would love to go public. But I'm not there in comfort. BUT.... I do dress everyday with women's jeans and sweaters. But in a fashion that isn't overly female.
    In home I will dress to the nines. Nice dress, heels, body spray, boobs, and so on.

If you have to do the work in drab and dress and do what you can dressed!! Prioritize!! I dress in drab at work since I am not out but I could dress at work if I was because I am a nurse!! But I have bending, stooping, and lifting things which women do in uniforms and some of them wear dresses or skirts!!! You can do this just plan it out!!! Hugs Lana Mae