Thread: Does the internet know you're a crossdresser? Facebook, Google, Safari?

Does the internet know you're a crossdresser? Facebook, Google, Safari?

I've found considerable ads and pop ups for typical womens or gay interests since uploading windows 10? Anyone else notice this?

Download Ad Blocker Plus if your using Chrome or Firefox. I have it and don't get any ads.

Ah, yeah... If you search for anything they pop up. But I run antispyware gets all of those cookies out. It is amazing what they find. literally thousands of cookies when you look at anything at all.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Stevie,
    I'm afraid they know more about us than just being CDers, we have to go along with it , sadly it's an acceptable fact of life if we want to be safe, I'm sure no matter what security we think we have certain words or phrases will flag up somewhere .

I can understand the forum rules being tough on that one, I'm not sure if it would be shut down if certain subjects were openly discussed.

I had to put a block on certain ads and Emails , for some time I had companies offering me medication to improve certain parts of my anatomy, and then a series of dating agencies looking for partners for Russian women, I often wonder if the two were connected in some way !

I never get any ads relating to dressing. I always search in incoginto or privacy mode and regularly delete cookies. While you'll never completely hide what you've been viewing, I think this will stop most of it.

The internet knows my shopping choices and other things I look at, does it matter? Yes I get pop ups for shoes, etc.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

In relation to the internet, as far as I know, once you put something out there - it's out there forever....ie a post or photos etc. You can delete, factory reset your device but it's still retained somewhere in the clouds.
    It's a real worry to be honest and quite scary.... but if like me you need information or help the internet is the easiest and most convenient place you'll get it. Convenience comes at a cost.
    I have put away some of my paranoia in order to join here and other relevant sites.
    If somebody wants really bad to find out what you're up to - they can.
    It's your job to either be honest about it or be really good at hiding it, covering your tracks at every corner.....if you know what I mean.
    Use different browsers to the norm but research them first....I dunno!?

I'm not bothered by ads. This is the only social media site I use. All of my browsing and posting is from an Android device.🌺

I have noticed that also... I don't like the Windows ten for more than just the pop ups though, I'm just too old to keep learning new stuff... Lol
    I do really think if you don't cover your tracks every chance you can and not be careful about deleting cookies you'll be outed one of these days...

Banned Read only
    BBB,
    I was a professional photographer for thirty years but closed my business about four years ago, but I'm still listed on Google, goodness knows how long after I'm gone I will still be floating round the internet.

I must admit when I clicked on my first avatar picture I did panic for while, now I'm out socially it really doesn't matter, I know my wife doesn't see it like that but I had to accept myself to move forward.

Jalyn,
    I know no matter what I do this laptop I'm typing this on now will expose me eventually, they have a ways of storing stuff in odd places and spitting it out at the most inconvenient times ! You can clear the cache all you like but it will reappear sometime from a hidden corner. How many times have you thought you've deleted something and Windows has kindly stored it in an unknown safe place !!

Banned Read only
    I don't get popups because I use AdBlocker.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I Googled me and Googled Robert Sherry. Dam near nothing on me. There r 100's of photos posted under my name. None r me!

But, Sherry is apparently some sort of famous, cross dressing, rubber doll!

Unrelated to me, as yet.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    I'm not bothered by ads. This is the only social media site I use. All of my browsing and posting is from an Android device.��
    This is exactly true for me to.

Banned Read only
    I've never really tried to hide. I am flatlander_48 (or without the _ ) every place on the Internet with the exception of banks, credit cards and FetLife. FetLife is the only place where DeeAnn has official standing. As was said above, if someone wants to find you badly enough, they will. And at my age, I'm jut about too old to care.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTV View Post
    I've found considerable ads and pop ups for typical womens or gay interests since uploading windows 10? Anyone else notice this?
    Hardforum.com had numerous threads about all the data mining that microsoft had built into windows 10, as well as how to avoid it. But most people aren't tech savvy enough to go through all the trouble; they just think it's microsoft being nice. If the product is free, then YOU'RE the product. You, your data, your advertising preferences, etc., are being sold to companies to target ads to you, and god only knows what else they do with your information. Think of all the apps that we agree to allow access to our contact information; all those people's names, phone numbers, emails, home or work addresses on our phones that get collected, and no one gives it a single thought. Ever wonder where all the junk snail mail and spam emails come from? Leave one tab open to say, xdress.com and other sites can find it. Then they can sell you those lovely cosplay maid's uniforms and cinderella dresses.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yahoo! thinks I'm a 56 - 65 y.o. female, and I'm just fine with that.

eBay probably has me pegged as a crossdresser.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Forget just cookies. There's much more available.

If you use facebook, forgetit. Even if not facebook participant, use firefox's ghostery or requestpolicy to see how many sites you frequent pump data to facebook.

For google, you can't just search your name.
    http://www.techinsider.io/how-to-see...out-you-2016-6

For w10, go back and check privacy settings. That may decrease but will not end. w10 is based on selling your computer history to businesses and others for profit.

Safest method is to use: burner pc, burner email and burner identity thru Tor. If IT people can't protect themselves, it is unrealistic for non-IT to think it is remotely possible. If really need privacy, don't use computers.

Most compromise: use requestpolicy and ghostery along with private windows and stay away from w10 as long as possible

Banned Read only
    I see tons of ads from Long Tall Sally myself...and they're pretty good!

I love cookies, I hate you cookies....OK, I deleted the photos but google it....the cookie monster meme is hiarious! 😅

Yeah I have win 10 and yep it tracks far more things of interest. I just reset all my browsing data and the contents. Hope it works. LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yikes it worked too well and kicked me off of this site and I had to log back in. LOL
    Part Time Girl

everywhere I go I see an ad for vsecret and a woodworking store.