Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just some sharing after my dad died. About dressing elderly.

Hopefully, after the will , and possible sale of the property. Afraid i have to be around some until that is over. Life is so blasted messy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I know Alice but you will make it thru all of it.

Platinum Member
    Alice, sorry for your loss. At age 62 you have a lot of living a head of you. I've read your postings concerning your family dynamics. Alice, you could not have been "self centered" to have taken care of your father for so long.

Stephanie, I am self centered, but care taker too. No SO or wife to share with, so singles tend to be a bit self centered. But, i need to learn to say no, and take care of me, too.

Alice, as you can see we all care and are concerned about you - this is a new start for you, get through your current obligations and embrace and enjoy who you are - we are all here for you............................Debra

Hi Alice So sorry to hear about your loss, I can feel for you, When my Dad & Mother passed away my family kept me in the dark, and tried to keep me from the funerals but I still went, Yesterday we said goodbye to my Wife the same family members refused to attend. Their Loss.

Hazel

I am sorry i have not been there for many of you. Some of you also have been through the family wringer, big losses, and depression. When my dad was my age, i think he was in great shape, lived 33 more years. he outlived my deceased mother by over four years. They had it better than me, and my generation. There were lots of jobs then, and things were generally more stable.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-06-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    Alice so sorry for your loss, I've read how you talked about your dad here and how he was not as wonderful a dad as we all hope for, but you being a good son knew you had to take care of him and that is true love that you had for him.
    May your day be blessed.
    Leigh
    like I say life is like a roll of toilet paper,\. the closer to the end the faster it goes
    sue ellan

Sue Ellen, You got that right!