in a now closed thread in the TS section, I wrote about the nagging in my head. It's an almost inexplicable pull to needing to present as a female. It's not a fetish over clothes, it's not a sexual lust, it's just there, almost like an angst over needing to do so and feeling a gender pull towards the feminine. in that thread I was asked and had written about discomfort around issues with being a guy- none. I'm fine with my boys parts, and never have depression about being a man. There were times growing up where I wished I was a girl, but I never identified as one, and never thought I was or am a female trapped in a male's body. But yet that angst is there. It comes and goes, sometimes very strong and I wish I could live in femme constantly or permanently. Other times like right now, I'm meh about it and have no desire to dress or do anything else CD related. I say I'm probably 50:50 m:f, but that's a swag.

My theory is that it's a mild form of gender dysphoria that waxes and wanes, and has done so my entire life. Which to me lends credence there can be a continuum of GD, and for some on this continuum, it's bad enough and so disruptive it leads to mental health concerns like anxiety and depression, which forces people to medically transition to correct a fundamental misalignment between their gender identity and sex.

I'm NOT saying this is the case for all TS peeps. I'm NOT projecting my experience on to anyone or everyone. I believe TS peeps when they say born into the wrong body, medical issue, must fix. I've been on this planet for almost half a century, been to many different countries, and interacted with an amazing diversity of people. My instincts are solid, but my preconceived notions have been blown away many times, so I try to be open minded and am frequently surprised. Since I've been on this board and read elsewhere, my fundamental conception of gender has changed.

I am curious if others experience what I call the nagging or angst, and if you believe it can be a continuum.

in the words of the prophet Ali G: Much Respect, yo.