Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports Fanatic vs En Femme

Sports Fanatic vs En Femme

Did you grow up playing sports to deny your dressing en femme or did you dress en femme to deny for your lack of athletic ability? I think Jenner's athleticism was a result of her trying to deny dressing en femme.

Banned Read only
    I play(ed) sports because I liked to play.

I dress because I like it.

The two are mutually exclusive.

Since I never got wildly excited over the major sports, and I'm a bit of a renegade, I chose ride motorcycles. Worked good during those non-dressing times. One of these days, I may put together some shots of the two.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Banned Read only
    I was a jock. I played every sport growing up until I found tennis at about 12 years old and excelled. Got a free trip to college for it. I love sports. I love the physicality of it, the challenge, and the competition. I never used sports to hide anything.

With specific reference to Jenner, I do not agree. You can't become the best at anything if BEING the best is not your goal. Bruce Jenner was an athlete who happened to be trans. He was a great athlete because he wanted to be a great athlete.

Neither really. I just preferred making mud pies, jumping rope and playing hop scotch with the girls. Now I can demonstrate that in a real time way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Was never great at any sport but love to watch it mostly football and baseball.
    I played golf in HS but my secret was to be on the cheer squad

The two are not mutually exclusive. You can do one, the other, neither, or both.
    If there's a game on, I listen to it during my dressup session. If anything exciting happens (in the game - something exciting is already happening in the dressup session), I can see it upon replay.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I watch a lot of sports, too, Nicole. But, NEVER during dressing sessions. Those require my complete attention so I don't screw something up!

However, being on line and sports like soccer and baseball were MADE for each other!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Hmmm, the over compensating angle, I get it! I was never into sports as a kid (or ever) Sure, I had my moments but just wasn't my thing and did you ever see The Fonz playing football 😉 ?

Aspiring Member
    I was like Jennifer. A jock who played several sports. Did excel at football and played in college. Don't ever recall wanting to dress or not dress because of a sport. Sports were just something that came naturally and i was good at most of them. Back then I guess I was more embarrassed about dressing and didn't know that I wasn't the only one who enjoyed looking like a girl sometimes. Or maybe more often than sometimes.

Aspiring Member
    Was never into field sports, but got into for wheeled sport as soon as I could drive and did pretty well, and it took me to various parts of the world. Would love to do some en femme now, but its pretty unlikely. I did watch some YouTube videos a couple years ago of a keen hill climber who was transitioning MtF. Can't recall the details.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Doc, I guess you watch soccer so you won't be distracted by anything happening on field. After 2 hours of uninterrupted crossdressing you can watch for 5 minutes to see who won the shootout. Win win.
    I played sports but could never have been a soccer player - couldn't afford the acting lessons.

I got into sports age 13, but was not that good until after high school, went out for baseball all four yrs of high school, but lacked confidence and skills until after high school. Played a lot of basketball at the park, YMCA, and softball. A little sandlot football. Learned how to roller and ice skate at age 18. Did not CD much at all between age 14 and 51. Still watch sports playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    I was never into sports as a kid (or ever)
    I am like Robin on this one, never excelled in sports nor had any desire to sweat and get dirty with a bunch of dudes.

Would rather be up in the bleachers with the chicks, just saying..........

If I am forced to watch a game at someones house, I look forward to the commercial breaks.

My biggest fear is that a news station reporter at the mall stops me and asked me what team I am pulling for at the playoff's, super bowl, etc. because I would be totally clueless
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    Did you grow up playing sports to deny your dressing en femme or did you dress en femme to deny for your lack of athletic ability?
    Really? Are those the only two choices? Did not play team sports as a kid. Looking back through the lens of today I'd say it was because I didn't want to hang around with cisgender boys but at the time I just told myself I was a loner and that may also be true. I was a bookish kid so may not have had a lot of athletic ability but I completely reject the idea that I might be a crossdresser because I wasn't a jock. The sports I engaged in tended to be solitary (running, cycling, climbing what passes for mountains in the Northeast.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Well. I have always enjoyed playing sports. I am about the least competitive person I know. But I enjoy being fit and I enjoy training reasonably hard. I was never really in the right place right time to make any thing of it. Though I did win the RN athletics championshipschigh jump the only time I was free to compete. No connection what so ever to my life long love of dressing.

Played football, basketball, and track. I loved football and track, but hated basketball. Yes, it was partly to "cure" myself of my desire to be female. I worked on construction for a while, and then joined the army, much for the same reason.

I have a partial disablity from polio. I never could play sports. Never had much interest. I don't think my CD is related to all that. I tend to think my CD'ing mostly if not all hard wired. I would be the opposite of Jenner. 🌺

Quote Originally Posted by Laurana View Post
    I play(ed) sports because I liked to play.

I dress because I like it.

The two are mutually exclusive.
    My thoughts exactly! I also LOVE "You're so Vain"
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Excelled in football, trampoline, track, baseball, wrestling, and boxing. Yes it was a form of denial, anyone who played all these sports would never wear girls clothes. Hated basketball

Yep football, track, wrestling and boxing. Have always been an over achiever. It sure took a lot to hide my gender fluid issues.
    Part Time Girl

I played Rugby and was chosen to play as hooker, perhaps that says something

Hazel xx

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I was never much into sports other than baseball which I loved my brother was the jock and excelled and it was never my thing. I built up and rode motorcycles, and did some with dragsters I ran wild, drank, got into bar fights and all that trying to prove that I was still a man in spite of the fact I like to dress like a woman. At the time of course I never realized that was why I was doing it, at least I didn't let come to my conscious mind.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I share in Michala and Jennifer's opinion. For me, athletics and cross dressing were two parallel roads heading in the same direction, and not a crossroads forcing me to make a decision. I played sports ever since I could walk. I played all sports, excelled at many, and played basketball in college. I played sports because it came naturally. It felt really good to be good at something. It took me a long time to realize that sports did not come easy for everyone because it came so easy for me. Crossdressing also makes me feel good. Both feel good and feel right although the execution of cross dressing does not come easy for me . I wouldn't give up one for the other. I suspect that Jenner's roads were parallel as well.

I did not play allot of sports growing up I was more of the bookworm. Later that changed, I am more of an athlete at 50 then at 15...that said I don't think they had anything to do with xdressing
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.