Thread: Most Wuthering Heights Day

Most Wuthering Heights Day

Last Saturday was "The Most Wuthering Heights Day" celebrated in cities around the world.
    I only found out about it watching the evening TV news, but it looked like fun.
    Groups of people came together dressed in red like Kate Bush did in her famous music video "Wuthering Heights".
    These groups then danced while the song played recreating Kate's moves in the video.
    I even found on the 'net (too late of course) that costumes were available to be ordered beforehand.
    The events involved people of all ages; while they were mostly female, there were quite a few obviously males amongst them, (and probably some not so obviously male!).

Curious? Google Most Wuthering Heights Day.

It did look like fun, maybe if they do it again next year...

I had to think to myself for a second the name of Kate Bush and how I knew it.... I like Running up that Hill by Placebo, and they covered it as Kate Bush made it. And it feels old to me, but I like her video in a more different artistic form.
    Maybe I will watch the video of them dancing to her video and the actual video of her dancing and singing, she has a good voice.

Aspiring Member
    love Kate bush; never heard of wuthering heights day. was wondering if this thread was somehow related to her when I saw the title. maybe in a year or two...

OK,

When I read the title of this one I immediately flashed back to high school (mid 70's) and the book. It was required reading and I can barely remember anything about it. I know there was a movie made in 1939 with Sir Lawrence Olivier. I haven't seen it or any of the remakes since either.

I have no idea who Kate Bush is or any music she has been involved in. Guess I'll see what youtube has.

UPDATE:

I just finished watching a couple of Kate Bush's video's on YouTube. Nope, not my cup of tea. I didn't even care for the costumes she was wearing. Nothing I'd want to try on.
    Last edited by Linda E. Woodworth; 07-18-2016 at 08:01 AM.