Thread: Normally quiet

Normally quiet

When it comes to discussing "hot" and "touchy" subjects I normally just keep quiet, but this past week was different.

I don't like discussing religion, politics and transgendered subjects because people are just stubborn and ignorant and no matter what is said they won't change on how they feel.

This past week at work, a fellow worker came up to me and he brought up that he was watching the local news when they started interviewing a person who has gone through or partially through transitioning into a woman.

While I worked in a convenience store I talked to this person when he came in as a man and also when he was conservatively dressed as a woman. I hadn't seen her for a long time and heard that she was becoming the woman she wanted to be. I never had a problem with her and admired her for having the courage to go out in public in this closed minded town.

Back to the co-worker, he stated that as soon as he saw her come on to the TV he changed the channel. I asked him why, and he stated because she was on TV. I let my co-worker have it. I told him that she is just a person just like him and he shouldn't be this way about her. I let into him about the whole LBGT spectrum. I left my co-worker speechless as he walked away, but it felt good to let him have it.

I know what you mean! I live in NC the Bathroom state! lol There are so many bigoted people! Males and females! They think rapists are waiting in the bathrooms for their children! It is difficult to respond to this for fear of repercussions! Just terrible! And they are brain locked. Best wishes Hugs LanaMae

Banned Read only
    I think it's great you put him right, but I wonder if the message got through because it was a terrible reason not to watch it !

Banned Read only
    I'm not privy to the entire conversation but it sounds like you did a lot of good for humanity in in a small way, congratulations and my respect!

I kinda feel like a soldier in training just waiting for 'live fire' but so far haven't met any (I suppose that's a good thing?)

"Don't ever try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and irritates the pig." - Robert Heinlein
    Nonetheless, I keep trying, even though I know better. Silly me.
    Last edited by donnalee; 07-09-2016 at 09:05 PM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    Don't ever try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and irritates the pig.
    ^this, unfortunately, is my current belief. I've never managed to change anyone's opinions on such things as religion, politics or gender issues. To me, it seems that when these people spout off in public about their dislike of something, they're not trying to convince others of their beliefs, but they're simply looking for others who think the same way as they do, and are willing to vocally support such hate. Sort of like feeling out the surrounding people right before putting together a lynch mob; it gives them a warm, comfy feeling to know others hate the same things that they do. You see the same type of behavior in locker rooms across the nation as one team of blockheads gets ready to go up against another. Pump up the adrenaline and get that hate going, boys, you have to vanquish the evil foe and make the streets safe for real 'Murcans', the wimmenfolk and rugrats! Hoo rah!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    I don't like discussing religion, politics and transgendered subjects because people are just stubborn and ignorant and no matter what is said they won't change on how they feel.
    But talking about any subject with an enlightened, intelligent person is a wonderful experience- it's very cool to suddenly see another side to something. I'm not sure that letting someone have it with both barrels is necessarily an effective form of education, but you certainly gave him something to think about, and sincerity goes a long way even to a dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    They think rapists are waiting in the bathrooms for their children!
    You could try asking, very casually, if they've ever met anybody who's encountered a rapist in a bathroom. They'll probably respond 'You read about it all the time!'* In which case, repeat your question.

*Though few of them probably read much of anything.
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 07-10-2016 at 02:19 AM.
    I used to have a short attention spa