Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women, is your attitude toward them better?

I have always treated women with the utmost respect. As Angie said, like goddesses! Do not feel crossdressing necessarily had anything to do with it. Just the feminine mystique! lol Hugs Lana Mae

Banned Read only
    I guess I should have emphasized that I had a negative view of females before coming out of the closet and dressing as often as possible. And now? Even more so.

So Paula and Zooey, has YOUR attitude to women changed? I have to say mine became more clear. I wasn't paying attention to details. I assumed I was a nice guy. I wasn't.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Woman first, Trans second
    My attitude has not changed in general, which makes sense since I was a woman pre-transition too.

As a result of OTHER people seeing me as a woman and treating me accordingly, affording me a number of first hand experience I didn't have before, a lot of things have come into sharper focus and become much more important to me.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Aspiring Member
    My parents brought me up to respect everyone, until they do something to lose my respect.
    Sara

My attitude towards women hasn't changed at all...I just understand what a woman goes through to make herself look beautiful for a man. The all the work involved it is no wonder that need so much time to get ready...what a workout!

I just understand what a woman goes through to make herself look beautiful for a man

nhlighthouse,
    This quote isn't necessarily true. Although there may be exceptions, most women try to look good for themselves, not for a man.

I follow the golden rule. I generally treat other people the way I would like to be treated. For women, I go a little further, especially if I can help with a particular problem that others aren't helping her with. I can't tell if my crossdressing has anything to do with this, I've always done this. My dad impressed a sense of chivalry into me at an early age.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm in agreement with Amanda. I've been raised and taught to respect women. I still open doors, but some women open their own doors...that's OK.
    My dressing definitely has given me appreciation and understanding of women. I identify completely with their dressing, makeup, etc. When I see a woman, I smile when I know what it's like to put on panties, pantyhose, a bra, makeup, heels, earrings, etc. I believe we are fortunate to have these feelings and experiences.
    In our area, so many women wear no makeup, don't comb their hair, etc. and frankly do no look good. Here, they have the very opportunities we seek, but don't use them. A little disappointing. I love to wear hose, of all kinds. I rarely see a woman wearing hose, so when I venture out, I don't wear hose. My wife agrees...wearing hose would cause some attention. 😟👠👗

I just didn't imply that women would want to look good for men only but that is the ultimate goal. Feeling good about herself is about self esteem!

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    When I see a woman, I smile when I know what it's like to put on panties, pantyhose, a bra, makeup, heels, earrings, etc. I believe we are fortunate to have these feelings and experiences.
    In our area, so many women wear no makeup, don't comb their hair, etc. and frankly do no look good. Here, they have the very opportunities we seek, but don't use them. A little disappointing.
    Uhh you realize that doing those things have absolutely nothing to do with being a woman right? That's like saying you understand what it's like to be an alligator cause you wore these cool boots one time -

As for the second part, the fact that you judge the women in your area to "not look good" for not choosing fashions that you prefer is pretty BS. Gee I'm really sorry most women on earth disappoint you for not confirming to your fantasy- really!?!

I definitely understand the effort that women make to appear attractive and the pain of heels. I don't think generally I treat women any differently as I generally treat people who I meet with respect and always have. Having said that if I want them to be more than a friend I still use the treat them mean to keep them keen mantra as it's the best way of playing the game. I don't think dressing as a woman changes my needs and emotions as a man.