Thread: Came out to a friend

Came out to a friend

I have been having conversations with a family friend and through the course of discussion, I came out to her.
    I was surprised that it did not phase her one bit. We have been having a lot more discussions, but she is fully supportive.

Amazing how it feels to have the door open to the closet.

Randi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Congratulations! I hope this is a sign that more of society is accepting.
    Hugs, Ellen

Banned Read only
    Randi,
    It does feel great to open up to people, most of the fear is in our heads , the point to remember is she may be OK about knowing but she won't want to talk about all the time.
    It is amazing how the circle grows, I now wonder who I've come out to and if they have passed it on, it doesn't concern me , and my wife knows that. You can't live with Cding if it creates pressure all the time, we do need to let that out and tell people .

I totally agree. In fact, I am thinking of doing that with a woman that I date, this weekend. Kind of nervous about it I guess. But I am just going to work into it slowly and go from there. She is a pretty understanding woman. I had a girlfriend years ago that knew and we had so much fun helping each other with our nails, makeup. I dearly loved it when she did my eyes, so sexy! And I loved shopping with her too. So I guess I cannot wait until tomorrow nite!!!! Wish me luck ladies.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

It feels great, at least in my opinion, when you have people close with you know. I think it allows more freedom and less stress of having to hide secrets.

I noticed that it's almost always a woman friend that CDs come out to. I've known some women that have a way of getting me to talk about things that I wouldn't normally talk about. Kind of like talking to a shrink. Come to think of it, I've told several women throughout my life about my crossdressing, but I've never told any of my male friends.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Ressie,
    I agree. It seems I can share more openly with my girlfriends then my friends that are male.
    I am still careful as I have plenty of female friends that are judgemental.

Thanks for the comments.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Our 26-year old daughter was home recently, visiting from St Paul. I told her about my cross-dressing. She said, so what's the big deal. She knows about a dozen guy friends some of whom are married who wear skirts to dresses and a couple who attempt to blend in with make up and a wig. When she returned home, she sent us the following link: http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/03/...r-your-binary/
    an excerpt: Each individual has their own way of expressing (or not expressing) this, but it wouldn’t be unusual to see a multigender person express their gender with bowties and sport coats one day, and a gorgeous, sheen dress the next.
    Tina