Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you perceive members here

Silver Member

how do you perceive members here

So, as I read threads, or look a photo posts and comments, I can not help but form a mental image in my mind. My image of individuals here tends to divide into the gender binary. Not always, but usually. Sorry if that makes me a troglite

In my mind's eye, most of the self identified TS I see as women. And of course the fabulous FABs. But when it comes to CDs, it really differs. Some I seriously imagine as women, even if I met the in Drab. Others I see as men, and yet others depend on the day and the post. I find the language and concepts tend to drive that for me quite a bit. And BTW, writting tee he he or other overly stereotypical comments is likely to scream man in a dress to me.

How do you pictures others here, and what drives that image?

And of course, my own narcissistic self doubt wonders how I am perceived.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Meghan this is a great question, I know that many here who are primarily CD understand they are not women and me being one know that well, I never will be.
    To that end I like to think of most here as girls as I put it but knowing full well they are just a man in womens clothes. I think we do tend to get caught up on labels and well I dont care for them.
    Im a guy who enjoys life and also likes to present as a women and yes I like being treated as one to a point but not because I am one but there just are times I do feel like acting as one and this is my expression when Im out and dressed
    I think this kinda answers your thoughts
    Leigh

Oy, this can't end well. Tread carefully
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I just mentally read every post in the voice of the celebrity which most resembles the avatar, lol.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Silver Member
    Amy, so I should imagine your voice as Jody Foster?

Lorilea, I hope that's wrong. Twas not meant to be divisive. I have faith that this will be a good thread.

Yes, trying to assign labels is built into humans, but tread carefully how you tell others how you label them.
    So you may view the avatar or posted pictures and decide how close to your concept of 'woman' they come, or based on the words they use, if that seems like what you expect a man to write or a man overemphasizing feminine stylings, like me signing "Hugs, Ellen"

So to answer your question, "how do I picture others here?" - I view them as they wish to be seen with the labels they assign themselves. So, based on your avatar, I see a very feminine person, using a name Meghan. You are posting a question of introspection and not one of "look at the new nail polish color I got today". So I view you as an intellectual who desires to appear feminine and does a good job at it.
    Ellen

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Oy, this can't end well. Tread carefully
    Amen, I "canceled" my intended answer!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Amy, so I should imagine your voice as Jody Foster?
    Awww that's sweet ...
    I always imagined you must sound something like Rachel Ray :-)

At least nobody said Sean Connery
    Attachment 263633

FACT: you will now read the rest of this thread in Sean Connery's voice

Mwuhahahahahaaaaaa
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I think of posters here as women. 🌺

This is a good but very difficult question. When I peruse the Threads, I assume our common denominator is CDing. From there, I believe, like snowflakes, there are no two of us alike....similar, maybe, but each of us has, our own way to which we've acclumated to this compulsive behavior pattern that is with us for the duration. We've each experienced our own individual initiations, i.e. Hose, bras, panties, etc. and at different ages, for which may or may not have developed into additional attire ranging from specific items to fully dressed. I enjoy discussing similar and differences with others and accept everyone in their own way, as unique. I perceive you as an individual that's come full circle, however. Your reference to "narcissistic self doubt" suggested some negative issues. I'm curious what they are.

I agree with Fiona. I see everyone as women. Some though, I wonder what they look like as males? As they look so good as women! I'm embarrassing myself! Time to shut up! Hugs(note I hug as a male because real men hug!) Hugs and luv Lana Mae

I tend to think more like what the title of our web site says, "crossdressers". I know I am a male that enjoys the dressing and we tend to think in the direction we simulate with. I feel I'm just a guy that enjoys dressing and I think of others as the same. Some take the dressing to a higher level than I do and sme not as far but in the end we are what we are.

What drives the image for me is not a made up voice. Nor is it the diction or the poor spelling or lack of proper punctuation. Heck. I fall into the catagory. Spell check. Greatest program ever written in my opinion! You all sound the same in my head. Hint. It's the same voice I use when I read the paper. What drives the image I have in my head is the content of the post. Not the style, but the subject.

Cheers.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Silver Member
    Ellen, thanks, that is a really generous compliment.

Nancy Sue, like many people here, I really like getting positive affirmations. It's one of the main reasons we post photos. But why do we live for these affirmations? Often we look for approval of others because we are unsure of ourselves. Even the most confident of us get these doubts. When enfemme, my most self critical thought is my beard shadow. Sometimes it is amplified in our minds. No one has a 100% correct view of reality. Some of us believe we are more talented than we really are, some of us less than we are. Both beliefs have their strengths and weaknesses. My experience suggests underpromise and overdeliver.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad it wasn't me this time that stepped in the poo.
    I'm sure you have offended a few here with the screams man in a dress comment.
    I see others here as people of all different stripes.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-08-2016 at 05:44 PM.

I will say this again. When I came here I knew I was quite different. I was amazed at the crosdressers and my opinion was that they were mostly women and feminine in the threads. I am gender Fluid and a TG but many of you are TG and I have learned a lot from you all and found that my feminine traits are similar to yours.
    Megan, you look quite feminine and that's how i perceive you.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    I used to perceive all people on here the same way I imagined all people on the internet in general; robots with extreme randomizing responses.

That has since changed. And trust me, no one wants to know.

Good luck imaging or imagining who I am for I, myself, have trouble imaging or imagining who I am. And to confound things further, I grow and change over time too!
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 07-09-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    The name of the site is Crossdresser.com so I preceive everyone hear as one. There is a very wide spectrum of crossdresser types though, some just underdress and some go all out. I see myself as a man in a dress type, some people would say that I make crossdressers look bad because I don't wear a wig and try to pass. But we are all in the same boat, we are men that enjoy wearing women's clothing. By the way you look fantastic Meghan.

I think of each of your posts as being done by a woman. And the tips and statements about improving ones appearance as simply girl talk.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I often have to remind myself that what I'm reading has been written by a man. Some members' sex I genuinely can't identify and I wish we were obliged to state the truth on our profiles, because on occasion it would be helpful in terms of understanding where the person is coming from.

I find some members extremely attractive and find myself wishing I lived near enough to meet them, or were single and mobile enough to travel.

I love this site!
    I used to have a short attention spa

I usually don't make an image in my head as I read most posts. At most I do it when someone is describing a whole outfit or in the picture threads...I just think of people as crossdressers (and GGs) or how I've seen they describe themselves previously, like those who transitioned.
    And, like Natasha, I read the posts with the same voice I read anything else...
    - Dani

I view just about all of the folks here as women, with the obvious exception of FTMs.

There are a few who do display what I perceive as male traits, such as making rude statements and then justifying it as "just being real."

There is also occasionally a measure of male one-upmanship, something I'm probably guilty of too.

Personally I just see you all as beautiful female's to discuss and share the ups and downs of this lifestyle thats been chosen for us all.
    And for that I thank you all.
    Emma xx

Surely we see people! People in all their variety and representing what we see every day in the world outside our forum.
    Personally, I am a man with a beard who wears feminine garments every day so you will not see my face in my pics.
    I like the forum because of the variety of people with similar interests to mine.