Thread: out in public

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar

out in public

Who goes out in public dressed and doesn't give a damn what people think. I go out all the time sans wig and get many compliments. I get lots of questions that I am happy to answer. Any body got a good story to tell?

Banned Read only
    Majella,
    I go out once a month to my social group meetings, which is held in a small hotel and conference centre, I admit it's not the same as being totally out and about and I wish it was. Even so the hotel is a public area and have met visitors, up to now it hasn't created any problems.

All my shopping is done in drab but underdressed so I'm prepared to try things on, I do love the interaction between SAs, I'm not sure if it would be the same if dressed, I still have to find that out.
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-09-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Oh I love doing that especially crowded places during the day which at one point deem impossible, but its safe and I blend in.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Majella,
    I've thought about going out this summer wearing skirts. The women would understand that's cooler and more comfortable than pants or shorts.
    Tina

I go out, but I do care what others think and say, or might say. I try to dress to pass, I like to go to a large park in my area and just walk, generally it isn't too crowded. I was wearing a dress, low heals, hoes, and a wig. The day started warming up and all these mom's and kids came out and I was on the other side of the park from my car. I started getting very nervous and was heading back to the car when a group of three or four moms came by with several kids, only one mom looked up at me, she just smiled and kept walking.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Majella, for the longest time it was just a breast fascination with me. I've found that people just don't register with a man with large breasts although, I've been asked a few times if they were real and were they mine. Both answers are yes. (Well, real silicone and I did pay for them.)
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 07-10-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I got a very nice compliment on my blue dress by an SA one night; I wasn't used to speaking whilst en femme in public, so I smiled and mouthed, "thank you".

However, inside I was screaming and jumping with excitement!

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I have gone out a couple of times, I try to tame my outfits down so I don't stick out, but at the same time I want some attention too. So far so good, mostly guys looking at me while driving around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have embraced the wig, now I wear it most times when going out dressed, I have several. I wear make up, I know I don't pass but I think I blend in, I don't have a femm voice either.

Its funny I came across this post tonight - I had to go for blood draws this morning - I wore women's white shorts - along with an oversize shirt - wore bra & panties under - I felt wonderful doing it - wasn't caring if anyone noticed or not.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I go out all the time...and give zero F%CK$ .........I get hit on by str8 men......and complimented by women...the point is though..
    its not THAT big of a deal to go out....most of it is in your mind,
    and most people build up the confidence to go out over time..
    .the key is the first time..and the second...
    and the third....after a while...eh....not that big of a deal...
    it IS at first though....and as stated 100 million times on this site already...
    once you go out its not so bad...most of it is all built up in your head....
    been there too....xoxo....

as far as stories...i have a few...but one of my favorites is being in a womens bathroom washing my hands and having a woman come up to me and say " EXCUSE ME ".......OMG...I just wanna say you look awesome and I give you alot of respect for being you....you look like a Kardashian ....At that point of my life I was still uncomfortable....but she made me feel good, made me feel accepted, and let me know everything is ok...

Ok...one more...

"I cant tell if you are a boy or a girl...but it dosent matter...
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 08-13-2016 at 04:29 AM.

Some of us have body types like me, sis foot six, huge hands and feet, that give us away fast. I do not think i could go into a multi use womens room. A single use, Yes. I keep vigilance on who is around, where i am.

I'm very tall and find it difficult to accept that I can blend, that said I've been out a lot and the best times is when the pink fog hits you and you feel invincible, at these times, I just feel "to hell with it, who cares anyway" once in that frame of mind I feel fantastic about myself.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Some of us have body types like me, sis foot six, huge hands and feet, that give us away fast. I do not think i could go into a multi use womens room. A single use, Yes. I keep vigilance on who is around, where i am.
    Alice I'm in the same boat as you, 6' 5" and quite broad, I think the height is a curse, I've been out and about many times and to be honest, us being taller than average does make you very aware of height but to an average heighted person, we're just tall, unless they see you stoop as you go through a door they really have no idea of the numbers, I do however try and keep my distance from others and not stand directly next to them.

LJ, Thanks for sharing! I went out in public 7 times last year, only once so far this year. i try to not walk very close to the normals. Especially children.

Well, as I've said before, I don't consider that what I do is crossdressing. It technically is, but that's not how I think of myself. I wear skirts, and sometimes hosiery of various types. The tops are all male, the head is shaved or a few days stubble, no forms or makeup. I've been doing that for about 18 months now, and I hardly get any comments. I sometimes catch looks, but surprisingly, I think that while just on the street, the majority don't notice, a fair percentage seem to notice, but don't care, the ones that notice and seem confused, or even rarer, disapproving, are definitely in the minority.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I don't pass but a couple a months ago walked into a Ross store,and it was very crowded I was en femme with no problems. Was wearing flats the only biggie it was hot outside and windy and my wig was everywhere.

I never really went out en femme. But i'm planning to travel soon for that sole purpose. Anyone know any accepting cities in Europe?

Going out is far easier when you don't give a hoot what people think. I have never worn a wig or makeup out and until recently my hair has always been buzzed short. Whatever was going on below the neck, it was clear that I'm a guy. I promised myself that I'd do my usual errands in a sundress at least once this summer. I haven't yet. I've worn skirts a couple times, but mostly shorts. I admit that I love showing off my legs, tanned for the first time in years. One thing I just won't do is go out with a few days' growth on my arms and legs. Yuck. I'd very much like to get out in hose again when the weather cools.

I was in a department store wearing a white embroidered top, purple pleated, cuffed shorts, and penny loafers with lacy anklets. A young SA approached from the other side of the rack. She probably saw a guy, maybe noticed the top of my top. I told her I was looking for my size (which came out of my mouth before I realized it!) and stepped around the rack to show her the blouse I meant. As I did, I watched her eyes go down, then back up again. Had this happened even a few years ago, I think I would have passed out. Or run! I didn't, though, and she helped me. It didn't seem like that big a deal, after her initial surprise. I was still pretty nervous, though, so I let her go and finished up. Of course, by the time I got home, I was fantasizing that she spent hours outfitting me while we chatted about clothes.

I go out in public all the time, but I always wear a wig. (I hate being bald.) I sometimes wear pants (women's of course) but usually I wear a skirt or a dress. And, of course I wouldn't be caught dead, inside or out, without my breastforms.

I go out in public far more than I should LOL but its always fun and when we are both out, my SO maintains that people see what they want to see and so far so good.
    Part Time Girl

I love to go out. Just got back from filling up my gas tank. We live in a smaller town and must be very careful. Discovery would not be a good thing for either of us professionally and socially. "They" just wouldn't understand or accept. The transgender bathroom issue has raised only ire. Some of the opinions are very mean and negative. I sometimes think, "if they only knew". Ha ! I also believe there are others of us in the community. We drive 20 miles to a shopping mall and shop, have lunch, etc. a couple weeks ago, we saw our neighbor (small world). We both left. We've talked about moving, but I don't think it would matter.