Thread: Coming out to daughter

Coming out to daughter

Our 26-year old daughter was home recently, visiting from St Paul. I told her about my cross-dressing. She said, so what's the big deal. She knows about a dozen guy friends some of whom are married who wear skirts to dresses and a couple who attempt to blend in with make up and a wig. This is an excerpt from a web link she sent us: Each individual has their own way of expressing (or not expressing) this, but it wouldn’t be unusual to see a multigender person express their gender with bowties and sport coats one day, and a gorgeous, sheen dress the next.
    Last edited by Nigella; 07-10-2016 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Link removed, did not link to a page
    Tina

Hi Tina, that was a wonderful bit of parenting you did when you told your child about your x-dressing. It shows that you not only trusted her but also "liberated" yourself of whatever guilt you had. I think daughters are more accepting of x-dressing dads then boys would be. Kudos to you.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Ah, Tina, we should all be so lucky as you to have such an understanding offspring. Treasure that relationship.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

And very good daughter you raised

I am also out to my daughter. I think we learn to appreciate the little things that much more.

Out to my 35 yo daughter! But does not want to see me dressed! However am going for transformation and she wants to see the photos!?? Do not quite understand but she may be breaking down!! Hugs Lana Mae

You're lucky! After my wife died I came out to my daughters, the older one first because she is more liberal, then the younger. I have so many female clothes shoved into closets and drawers that I thought they should know if something happened to me. It's turned into a " don't ask, don't tell" situation. At least its not more negative than that. They are 36 and 39 years old.