Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    At 18 , I was still trying to figure this out, and figure myself out.
    One thing I did know was that this was a part of me.
    Was I A Crossdresser ? Was I Transgender ?
    Back then I had no idea.
    What I did know was that this was who I was.
    So I decided that getting married wasnt an option for me
    Since every girl I dated who found out about my femme side left.
    I decided marriage wasnt my path..
    Neither was kids for that matter.
    I was going to be different.
    A better word would be unique.
    So today I have no kids, no love, no real commitments...
    but I am happy.
    I have a mediocre job, but it barely pays for food, and I live with family.
    I followed my heart...which is great.
    Till I look at my bank account.
    The final piece of my puzzle is bringing it all together...
    being financially stable ...AND single..
    would I transform or get surgery ?
    I am trying to put together the money for lazer..
    Thats about all I could afford right now anyway.
    I'd be happy with that.
    I am happy no matter what though
    I wouldnt take back anything.
    I would only wish to tell myself to look out more for your finacial future.
    Back then I was trying to still figure me out instead of my future.
    I hope some of you younger gals can put those pieces together better than I did

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Sure, if I were 18 again and in this time with greater acceptance and with no attachments.... I would dress full time as a girl and would definitely start hormone treatments to transition. Heck I would do it now if I had no attachments.
    I want to be this girl!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    At 18 , I was still trying to figure this out, and figure myself out.
    One thing I did know was that this was a part of me.
    Was I A Crossdresser ? Was I Transgender ?
    Back then I had no idea.
    What I did know was that this was who I was.
    So I decided that getting married wasnt an option for me
    Since every girl I dated who found out about my femme side left.
    I decided marriage wasnt my path..
    Neither was kids for that matter.
    I was going to be different.
    A better word would be unique.
    So today I have no kids, no love, no real commitments...
    but I am happy.
    I have a mediocre job, but it barely pays for food, and I live with family.
    I followed my heart...which is great.
    Till I look at my bank account.
    The final piece of my puzzle is bringing it all together...
    being financially stable ...AND single..
    would I transform or get surgery ?
    I am trying to put together the money for lazer..
    Thats about all I could afford right now anyway.
    I'd be happy with that.
    I am happy no matter what though
    I wouldnt take back anything.
    I would only wish to tell myself to look out more for your finacial future.
    Back then I was trying to still figure me out instead of my future.
    I hope some of you younger gals can put those pieces together better than I did
    In my early 20's when I thought about transition, the inability in my mind to have a successful career was one of the big fears. I still don't think it was unfounded for the world of 25 years ago.

It would be a long hard choice. I definitely would dress more and go out dressed. Going back to 18. But I think I MAY have transitioned.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Silver Member
    I actually was dressing and going out occasionally when I was young (well, 19 instead of 18 but whatever), and I didn't do any of those things. Why? I am an occasional dresser. I do it for fun and pleasure, doing it fulltime was never in the cards for me, even when I was young.

As for being married, well, I was never married for the same reason I was never an astronaut. I never had an opportunity to be, whether I wanted it or not.

hmmmmmmmm ,well if i was 18 again and knew then what I know now----- I would have stayed a civillian , ran right over to thailand and had the deed done and then hung out in a hot bikinion a so cal beach when i was that age I did have a girly figure and somewhat girly looks but now-------- ahh well
    hugs phylis anne

At 18 I was 5'8 and 128 lbs and to that I would say yes I would have transitioned then. I began HRT at 27 (8 months ago) Only thing I lost so far is a gf of 2 years so I think that is not that hefty of a price to pay considering what most trans people lose people wise in the process. I am much happier since starting HRT and have found a new gf that I couldn't be happier with. She does see and treat me like any other female she has ever dated. Interesting note, she is the same height and weight I was at 18 .
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Aspiring Member
    I get it, cause I was right there with you looking through the card catalog at my JC at 18, but I think her point was that you're armed with the knowledge you have today. Which would drive me to make different decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    What's that cliche ... "we get too soon old and too late smart"
    It's funny 'cause it's true :-/

If I could be 18 again ... I'd be 18 again. I'd be back in the deepest denial, and depression and I'd probably be just as much determined to rid myself of my troublesome "problem" as I was the first time at that age. But maybe not ... today's world is unrecognizable from 1992. Even 10 years later, it would have been night and day in terms of information I had access to. In 92, I was still literally looking up tiny shreds of info about trans stuff in the card catalog of my local library (and finding practically nothing).

If I could know then what I know now ... lol.
    But I can't ...

Also hormones are a big deal in terms of health risk and permanent side effects. They aren't a good way to "test the waters" as the op described.

Another fantasy thread! I would probably crossdress more but I wouldn't transition. Is it really possible to grow hips?

I disagree with being born a CD and it's there for life. Crossdressing ebbs and flows throughout one's life. Some of us purge and quit for years before starting up again.

What holds CDs back from dressing more and coming out is in the mind IMO. I personally have fears regarding dressing all the time and coming out. If I were suddenly 18 that probably wouldn't instantly change.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

If I could go back two years I would stop getting my hair cut, that's one thing for sure. I'm not sure if I would transition or not, I'm super curious about it but I still think I've made the right decision, so if I did it would just be to find out what if and live in an alternative timeline.

With 40+ years of hind sight. If I were 18 and know my life, I might consider transitioning.
    Back then it had crossed my mind but society and things being what they were it was not really a consideration. At this point in time I have too much at stake. When I retire I'm not sure what I'll do, but I do know I'll be more open about my dressing. Maybe move where no one knows me and present as female on a mostly full-time basis.

Based on your conditions, I might well have started 'in the closet' CD activities sooner, but my biggest constraint as far as doing anything that might out me would still be there - the issue of my father not being at all likely to accept his son being anything other than straight/normal. Even if I was not living at home, I wouldn't have risked alienating him that way. Unlike a lot of people here, I don't have the strong gender dysphoria issues urging a transition. It's more, for me, a matter of being gender fluid and enjoying the expression of both masculine and feminine traits.

If my father was 'with it' and accepting of LGBTQ issues, in addition to your other proposed circumstances, I certainly would have explored my feminine urges a lot sooner, and might have come out as CD/trans and bi right away. How soon, if at all, I might have tried any body changes beyond long hair, pierced ears, and a shaved body, I don't know. It would depend a lot on who I met and interacted with while en-femme or when acting like a femmy, bisexual male, and how those interactions went.

This is the old question of "what would I have done then if I knew what I know now?" The problem is always that you were a different person back then for a lot of reasons including age, wisdom and your hormones and you lived in a very different society.
    Knowing what I know now I would have chosen a different path but when I was 18 I did not feel the same way about cross dressing that I do now and so I would have been incapable of making the decisions that I would make now.
    Yes, I cross dressed but not so fully when I was 18 and for whatever reason I had a very great interest in females. I didn't really understand my sexuality very well at that age and, like many others who are members here I thought that my desire to cross dress was something that would not last or at least would fade away after marriage.

Looking back I wish that I could have known myself more clearly and with more certainty. Given that I would have been able to make some sound decisions.

If I was 18, yet somehow as confident with my dressing as I am now (I was in deep denial at age 18), I would definitely dress more. I'd probably seek out TG meetups and such every week. I would have looked even more femme then than I do now (I was 40 pounds lighter and had a more girlish face), and probably would have enjoyed the attention I got, compared to being ignored as a geeky boy. Would I have gone on HRT and transitioned? It's hard to say. If I had gotten lots of positive feedback and found myself feeling more comfortable as I dressed more and more, perhaps that would have made me more confident that I could live my life as woman, and I might have investigated the option. That said, I do not regret the way things turned out. I have a wonderful wife, two incredible kids, a great job, and still get to indulge my femme periodically. Different choices at age 18 might have precluded the first three.

Aspiring Member
    My life really turned out very well. I got a good wife and family, a good career, and I am happy although I do not crossdress as often as I would like. I really have no reason to complain. My biggest regrets are only that I passed on several opportunities when they presented themselves. At the time I was just so afraid to be discovered as a crossdresser, so I hid myself. Looking back, I could have had the support of my mom, and a female coworker. My high school presented several opportunities to crossdress and I passed them up. It would have been so much fun, and it might have changed my fear of being discovered.

I was 18 in the late 90s and at the time I didn't use to crossdress, I had tried on girl panties and things like that but hadn't fully dressed up. I was extremely skinny at the time (about 125lbs) so I would've probably been almost passable at the time so if I was 18 again I would certainly be dressing all the time!

Oh what a question. At age 18, I hadn't had my first date yet. Nor was I fully developed. At the time, I was 6', but only 135 lbs. Not that I ever asked, but I know my family wouldn't have accepted me cavorting about dressed as a woman. But I'd try it out. Now if I could look into the future, and see how my love life would turn out, I'd have started to transition, no question about it.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Yes... yes I would have... at 18 I was searching the libraries on transitioning but there was little info and i was afraid to ask anyone... but now there is freedom and knowledge, friends to share with, and more acceptance.
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day