Back in 1981, I think, I took a literature class called Science Fiction. A great class for a high school student.

Ah, to remember the cute new girl in the tan and flannel jump suit. But I digress.

Anyway as part of the class, we read and analyzed Ray Bradbury 's The Martian Chronicles. One story therein stuck with me. "And the moon Still be as Bright" Jeff Spender was an archeologist that disappears, and comes back to kill the crew. What happened was he gained so much empathy for the martian culture, he "changed" and came back to protect the culture by extreem means.

Now while I did not condone his actions, there was a great debate as to whether one could totally adopt a new culture. I contended one could, and that Spender was a charter that could be understood, and that analogous people exist in reality.

I got the nickname Spender for the remainder of the semester.

So what does this have to do with Crossdressing. Maybe I still have that empathy, to the point of wanting, even for a moment, to live in existence of that which I was not born and raise to?