I had dinner last night in Monterey with my friend Kristyn (Hell on Hells) from this forum. We dined at Schooners, a seaside restaurant which is connected to the Plaza Hotel. If you are not familiar with Monterey, it is a tourist town famous for it's Aquarium, Naval Post Graduate School, Pebble Beach golf course and 17 Mile Drive. The town is small and walkable and caters to tourists with numerous restaurants and shops.

So, as you might imagine, being summer time, it was packed. Kristyn and I met in the plaza at Wave St that overlooks the ocean and walked down to the restaurant. As I approached the hostess stand a young gal looked up, smiled and gave us warm greeting. The manager was standing right next to the hostess and immediately shot out, "I love your dress." I thanked her with a smile as I love it too. I've only worn it one other time and I love the way it hangs on me. It is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/atwzhbl1d...GkxzKEkoa?dl=0

Both Kristyn and I had bare arms and shoulders and no one screamed, pointed nor laughed. The waitstaff were unphased and welcoming. The restaurant was full with couples, families with small children, and young people in groups. No one did any double takes that I noticed. And while I saw few women in dresses I didn't feel like we stuck out for that. Clearly two cross dressers was a non-issue. I used the ladies room as needed, with other ladies inside, and that too, was a non-issue. This is my second time out in Monterey, once before wth Nadine her wife, and my wife and the experience is the same.

It's actually kind of heartwarming if you think about it, that people can just swing with it. I can't believe I ever worried about going out.