Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can add Monterey, Ca as a cross dresser friendly town

Banned Read only

You can add Monterey, Ca as a cross dresser friendly town

I had dinner last night in Monterey with my friend Kristyn (Hell on Hells) from this forum. We dined at Schooners, a seaside restaurant which is connected to the Plaza Hotel. If you are not familiar with Monterey, it is a tourist town famous for it's Aquarium, Naval Post Graduate School, Pebble Beach golf course and 17 Mile Drive. The town is small and walkable and caters to tourists with numerous restaurants and shops.

So, as you might imagine, being summer time, it was packed. Kristyn and I met in the plaza at Wave St that overlooks the ocean and walked down to the restaurant. As I approached the hostess stand a young gal looked up, smiled and gave us warm greeting. The manager was standing right next to the hostess and immediately shot out, "I love your dress." I thanked her with a smile as I love it too. I've only worn it one other time and I love the way it hangs on me. It is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/atwzhbl1d...GkxzKEkoa?dl=0

Both Kristyn and I had bare arms and shoulders and no one screamed, pointed nor laughed. The waitstaff were unphased and welcoming. The restaurant was full with couples, families with small children, and young people in groups. No one did any double takes that I noticed. And while I saw few women in dresses I didn't feel like we stuck out for that. Clearly two cross dressers was a non-issue. I used the ladies room as needed, with other ladies inside, and that too, was a non-issue. This is my second time out in Monterey, once before wth Nadine her wife, and my wife and the experience is the same.

It's actually kind of heartwarming if you think about it, that people can just swing with it. I can't believe I ever worried about going out.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like a wonderful time Jennifer, thanks for sharing

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    If you are not familiar with Monterey, it is a tourist town famous for it's Aquarium, Naval Post Graduate School, Pebble Beach golf course and 17 Mile Drive.
    And also its proximity to Laguna Seca Raceway...

DeeAnn

Jennifer, you stories are always so inspiring. Thankyou for sharing
    Be careful of the toes you step on today, for they could be connected to the asses you kiss tomorrow.

Sounds like a good time Jennifer. I agree that even here in Texas at restaurants they greet you well.
    Part Time Girl

Life sucks! Two of my beautiful girlfriends out on the town in Monterey CA and I'm not with them! Nikki

p.s. Hey Jennifer...do you have a pic of the two of you together? I know - here I am jealous of these two lovely ladies and then I'm asking for pics!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Silver Member
    You should come up my way sometime hit the resort town

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    ...Hey Jennifer...do you have a pic of the two of you together? ...
    Forgot to get a picture together but Kristynwill post one of her "Princess" cake. You'll see

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    You should come up my way sometime hit the resort town
    Teresa, is Hailey ready for me?

Silver Member
    Where they ready for me?

Really I've been noticing a lot more CD / trans people lately. I don't think it is a problem. We can hit Ketchum.

Banned Read only
    A plan will be made!

Jennifer
    Sounds like you both had a good time! When I finally get my wig and learn about make up, I hope I am able to do what you do! However, I live in LGBTQ hateful NC. However, I hear Asheville and Charlotte are LGBTQ friendly! May have to do some all day shopping out of town! ( about 4 hour drive to either) Love and Hugs Lana Mae

I stayed at the Monterey Plaza for a couple of nights 2 years ago, which is one of the better upscale hotels in Monterey. It was great and we ate at the Schooner one of those nights. A couple of blocks away is a friendly bar with live music and dancing, which was fun too. I am glad that you enjoyed it. There is so much to see and do all up and down the California coast. We stopp0ed at the Pebble Beach club house, which is open to the public for a drink out on the patio looking at the 18th green and its famous big tree right next to it. I haven't had any problems yet and do not expect to either.

Hell-o Jen

Headed out to meet up with you I totally forgot to get the at home selfie.
    You all know how it is, right? Sure as hell, as you're grabbing things to carry out the door,
    one of those freshly glued nails pops off. So you glue it back on, and try to grab all those things again,
    and now it's just becoming comical, another nail is missing. WTF!
    So now you're in a hurry to get where you're goin' (selfie time) and there's the dude pulling his to big of a tractor in his to small of a trailer at a snails pace in front of you. (Yeah, not so comical anymore!).
    Then there's the decrepit old car climbing the steepest grade, you know the car, it's the one that you catch up to the smoke it's billowing out 4 corners before you see the actual car! Geez!
    AND THEN, Laguna Seca raceway traffic, could there possibly be anymore delays ?

Anyway,
    As you said...it was another non-event (which, of course, made the evening even more enjoyable!)
    And that was one of the busiest evenings, as far as people wandering about, that I've seen in Monterey.
    I know the FIM Superbike races were going on at Laguna Seca (check my ticket stub)
    And I believe some of the bikes were on display on the wharf, or some side street downtown.
    Couple that with the daily crowd of tourists, I'm not surprised it was a packed house!
    The only attention I noticed the entire evening was walking the few blocks to, and from, the Plaza.
    And that was just from a few guys that clearly needed their glasses! If people were staring, or whatever
    it is that they do, I didn't notice. Maybe it's more like, I didn't care! You can't enjoy yourself if you're constantly worrying if the "muggles" are on to you.
    Dinner was great, as you said, the staff was very professional, and polite.
    And I guess there are just a couple more pics that just have to be put out there...

Desert menus are always worth taking a look at, but when there is Princess Cake on the menu?
    Duhhhh! It's a no brainer!

And then there's the pic that you shared with me from the evening that everyone should enjoy...

No, it's not all unicorns and rainbows in Monterey, just a few pesky
    dolphins that just pop up outa nowhere! Visitors BEWARE!

Thanks so much for another fun night out and about!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

This makes me smile so much

Silver Member
    And when I said a "lot" I kinda meant like 4 over the last 6-8 months, which is 4 more than I have seen here in the preceding 40+ years.

Banned Read only
    a veritable stampede Teresa!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    AND THEN, Laguna Seca raceway traffic, could there possibly be anymore delays ?
    The next major event is the Historics, or the Montery Motorsports Reunion, as it is now known. It is August 18-21, but there are many auctions and car shows during the whole week, including the Pebble Beach Concours.

Big Time, even bigger Money..

DeeAnn

Pics of two beautiful gals enjoying Monterey are a hoot! Dolphins (or are they in fact porpoises) sprouting out of Jennifer's head while Kristyn enjoys a plate of what appears to be edible artwork!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Where in Texas?

Hell-o Nikki,
    See what happens when you let you're Aquarium membership expire!
    You're correct, those are porpoises. I guess we have pesky porpoises too!
    Don't even get me started with the Sea Otters!
    I don't want to scare anyone off, but those things are crazy, and fearless!

Paulah, Although there is a Monterey Texas, if you're seeing those porpoises while there,
    you should definitely be concerned!
    I know, I know, you were just asking Dana a question,
    I just had to give you fair warning. Photo bombing pesky porpoises are a real problem!

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 07-12-2016 at 01:29 AM.

Did you know that the nearby town of Carmel has an ordinance that prohibits the wearing of heels without a permit?
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Quote Originally Posted by ambigendrous View Post
    Did you know that the nearby town of Carmel has an ordinance that prohibits the wearing of heels without a permit?
    well in griffith park in cali it is against the law to ride a bicycle in the swimming pool

Another Selfie from the Road

Hell-o Ambigenderous,
    Of course I knew that!
    Who do ya think is signing those permits?
    Let me know when you're planning to
    bring some heels to town, and I'll hand deliver
    your permit.
    And Phyllis anne,
    Jen is the bike rider here (my bikes are all motorized).
    If anyone would know about some Griffith Park ordinance
    concerning bike riding, Jen would know more than I !
    Thanks for the heads up.
    There has been a question as to my dress color, maybe this
    pic will show it a bit better?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 07-13-2016 at 11:51 PM.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    A plan will be made!
    Give me a warning and I will come up. Overdue!

Banned Read only
    OK, I'm in!...now where's my Google maps and GPS...yikes, I'll need to pack a lunch (or two) and a change of panties!