Thread: When did GG start becoming an offensive term ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Oh wow. Just wow. So...let's assume you make a racist comment in a chat area. Someone calls you out on it. You say "Hey, it's my perspective...tolerate it." And that makes it ok since after all you explained your rude comment was your perspective and not really meant as hurtful.
    -First off, I guess I should have clarified that I wouldn't let intentional hate speech fly without swatting at it, and what could count as hate speech via ignorance I would correct their ignorance with facts supported by data if need be [and i have mutliple times gone out of my way to procure data for such things, so it's not a bluff].
    -Second, there are different perspectives and hate speech. Not all perspectives are hate speech, but all hate speech are perspectives. Even if someone doesn't like the perspective does not put it in the hate speech section. I should have clarified that I would want people to tolerate a person's perspective, but not if it is ground in hate speech.
    -Last?, rude comments come from perspective, but only some are again grounded in hate speech/prejudice/racism. I think.. my EDIT was edited because I talked about Mexico for example. If I am correct, I did not find that comment's assumption to be prejudice. It was a second straightforward example to reinforce that there can be two perspectives and how neither is superior to the other and understanding/toleration/respect are keys to a more diverse commenting section.
    Edit
    I just wanted to share someone, who I don't know (because its from a site that takes people's perspectives on subjects), who was raised racist and """"escaped""" (not really if you read to the end of the article) from it. http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-weird-...-to-be-racist/
    Last edited by EffyJaspers; 07-18-2016 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Wanted to add link from cracked.com, hopefully this isn't against rules.