Thread: My coming out party

My coming out party

I have amazing children. Three of my five children have know for years about my feminine journey and being on the transgender spectrum. Up to last month I had only shared photos and conversations. Last month my wife and I went to visit the two daughters that live in the East Bay area of San Francisco for a whole month.(We live in Israel) One of my daughters organized a coming out party for me with her sister, husbands, grandchildren and friends! I came as Devorah, it was amazing, so much love and acceptance. One of my daughters even said she thought she liked me better as Devorah! Everyone at the party said it was a special even for them too, encouraging them to be free in who they are. From then on for most of the evening family time I was Devorah: at home with them, bars, restaurants, shopping; all in the completely accepting atmosphere of the East Bay. Not one negative comment or strange look! I think I blend well, but not upon close inspection, but I had so much confidence accompanied by my children and their husbands! It was like a dream come true, my wife and I are still trying to digest all this after a week back at home.

So I want to say a special word of thanks and appreciation to this site and all of you! You have played a major role in my gaining self acceptance and the joy that comes in being myself!

so nice to hear such a loving story
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Congrats to you and your family.

Congratulations Devorah, It must all seem so wonderful.

That is such great news!! Congratulations, Devorah! I am so happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae

wow, really inspiring...congratz....thanks for sharing....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

that is an outstanding story great family

Very sweet story. You have a wonderful family.🌺

Devorah,

What a wonderful heartwarming story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by DevorahK View Post
    One of my daughters even said she thought she liked me better as Devorah! Everyone at the party said it was a special even for them too, encouraging them to be free in who they are.
    This really caught my eye. I have had female friends say they prefer me as Claire, but I wonder how many of us have experienced the second part of this -- do we inspire others to be more free about themselves? I thought this was really special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    this is so wonderful! Such love and acceptance. Your story almost made me cry :-)
    I can't imagine how amazing that must have been. Congratulations!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

You have a wonderful family

Deborah,

I am so happy for you and wish you and your family all of the best.

What a lovely thing for your daughter to say. What a Happy story!

Thank you for your wonderful story about a wonderful family. I wished I had known that you were here, because I also live in the East Bay. Let me know when you come to visit another time and may your journey be happy and easy.