Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't do myself any favors . . .

Didn't do myself any favors . . .

After a string of thefts from my yard, we installed security cameras all around our house. You might still get away with stealing something from my yard now, but the odds are real good that I am going to get a good look at you when you do. Anyway, it has become my habit to check the cameras when I am away from home, just to make me feel a little better, and to make sure that all is well with my family while I am away. Well, a week or so ago I took a trip to Broken Arrow Oklahoma, and there I am surfing through our camera footage that night when I see yours truly getting into the truck that very morning to leave.
    That was a mistake. . .
    See, here I am trying to fool myself into thinking that I am somewhat passable, and the video said not only no, but HELL no. I looked like a line backer with pretty hair. Not exactly the look that I was going for.
    So, important note to self - do not look at the camera feeds if you're gonna be in it . . .

yeah, I know...I made a short video of myself en femme once and it pretty much ruined any illusions I may have been harboring about how I looked....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh I know what you mean Kimberly.LOLOL
    When I think I have my walk down pat I watch the video I look like a neanderthal man.

Yeah, I videoed myself once, just once and shudder at the results. A bit like when Herman Munster was hit by lightening and changed into a woman and ended up working as a waitress in one episode. I rest my case. Gad!

I like the look and feel but seeing myself in the third person, not a good thing.

I caught myself laughing at this description. Mostly because I am sure that would be me as well!
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 07-17-2016 at 04:31 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

I have taken video of myself walking back and forth back and forth.
    The result was not fun. However, I chose to think of it as game-tape the way a linebacker might review old film to see where he could improve.

Not sure that it worked really bit that's how I chose to look at it.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Hi Kimberly, I have thought about that too, I have a security system too and take great care to turn it off during my Cding times. It might be fun to see myself, I think if I was sitting or standing, basickly not in motion I might pass but as soon as I start moving the gig would be up. But you know, I might give it a try. Like Sue said, I might learn from it. Did you delete that part of the tape? Do you want to share it? Too much fun to even think about. Brenda. Oh you rely do have pretty hair.

Those security cameras wouldn't be too good if a person wasn't out yet.... Think I'll just keep the dog trained to protect the house, at least he doesn't bark at me dressed but the cameras might blow up if they caught this dressing guy on camera... Lol

Silver Member
    Kimberly, I know how you feel. I am in no way passable and I had no such illusions from the very start. So I don't try. My strategy is this: I buy clothes that fit my body well the way it is and that are as tasteful and age appropriate as possible. Then, when I dress, I know that good, bad or indifferent, this IS the best look I can put together. And I go out and own it. It's my hope that, once the initial muggle response of "What in Tarnation is that, a man in a dress?" subsides, the next thought is "Surprisingly, it works on him". And I hope that some deeply closeted CD might see me and realize that "If he can do it so can I"

The reality is that I get lots of compliments from women. Not just from sales staff, but from fellow customers as well. And the ladies at my favorite dress shop tell me they know for a fact that I have played a part in helping closeted CD'S get more comfortable with themselves. I can't verify that and they didn't tell me how they know, I can only hope it's really true.

My apologies. I just wanted to encourage you but I realized I made this about me. I hope you'll forgive me. What I would like for you is that you are happy with yourself just the way you are. I love your avatar photo BTW. I think it projects a lot of joy and I hope it reflects your true self.
    Last edited by suzanne; 07-16-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Silver Member
    Remember those covers of Caitlyn are photoshopped so we should feel entitled to do ours too. lol

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Just one more thing George Clooney doesn't have to worry about, as if he doesn't have enough not to worry about already. He's prettier than most of us even in man-clothes...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hi Kimberly,
    I've been looking at and enjoying your web sites and send high kudos for your galleries. There wasn't one picture of you that wasn't fantastic. You are beautiful and totally passable. You have excellent tastes in styles and your legs are to die for. We've visited Indianapolis too.

Too funny, and all too familiar.

Hi Kimberly, I just checked out some of your photos, thank you for the link. You my dear are totally passable! Believe me, you have nothing to worry about Brenda

Unfortunately, pictures do me more justice than a video ever will lol I learned that a long time ago and hence why I have never done a video still at least you may be able to catch whoever is stealing your things so it's still worth it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Well, I got a laugh out of your post Kimberly. You don't look like a linebacker in your avatar, but your hair is pretty!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Posture when walking can make someone look really manly, even when wearing a dress. There's lots of videos on youtube about how to walk like a woman. The gist of it is that men walk swinging their shoulders and chest and women mostly move their hips when walking, so by adjusting how you walk you don't have to look like a linebacker

Kim, I've followed your traveling exploits for quite a while and has always felt you were eminently passable. I know we are always hardest on ourselves but try to give yourself a break.

I've know from the very beginning that i'd never be passable.
    But I FEEL pretty. For me that's enough.

Peace....
    Upon the plains of hesitation bleached the bones of countless millions
    who, on the threshold of victory, sat down to wait, and waiting they died.

Quote Originally Posted by irene9999 View Post
    The gist of it is that men walk swinging their shoulders and chest and women mostly move their hips when walking, so by adjusting how you walk you don't have to look like a linebacker
    Nah, I'm sure that lots of us will just look like linebackers trying to walk like women. We simply don't have the bodies that lend themselves to being perceived as female, because we really are built differently. It's not impossible, there are a few who can pull it off, just not most of us.
    Much easier to stick to the static two dimensional pictures that we can carefully pose for and adjust until we get it juuuuuust right. And keep that picture in our head. Remember, most women don't even like the way they look on video. Something like, 'the camera adds ten pounds' or something like that. In my case it adds about 50 pounds, in all the wrong places, and makes me look like Tracii's neanderthal man.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I sat at a table for our support group during the grand reopening of the local pride center last year. The event was well covered by local media and I thought I'd managed to escape the glare of the lights. The reason I didn't notice the glare was the camera was focused on me as I lumbered down a hallway back to the area where our table was. Lordy Jebus! What a nice outfit on a big clumsy guy! I do need to work on that one of these days but I'll keep my expectations too high, evidently I've been walking like that for many, many years and it's going to take more than one video to break all those habits.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Oh like you could ever look bad. Your drop dead gorgeous Kimberly. I wish I had 10% of your girl look hun.
    Angie

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the thefts, but the post was great. You look amazing. I look like a guy in a dress and that is unfortunate. . .

Yeah, this was me just loading my bag into the truck and leaving. Not much walking, so it wouldn't have mattered if I swayed or how I swaggered; it was all about having a large rib cage (for a woman).

You look good, Kimberly. Have been noting that a lot of genetic females have a rectangular shape not hour glass, not all but some! There is not one shape for females! Also noted one that had shoulders wider than hips(but shorter and smaller) . Quess what I am saying is do not obsess! Just go with it and enjoy! Oh and if you do obsess there are courses/info on how to walk like a women! And they do not walk with one foot directly behind the other that is for fashion models!! Have seen some walk as bad as I do! LOL Hugs Lana Mae