Thread: What a wonderful girly day!

What a wonderful girly day!

On Saturday I spoiled myself by spending almost the whole day pampering my feminine side and indulging in girly fun.

In the morning I had some heavy gardening work to do, which I did in male mode, rather than get my nice girly things smelly and sweaty. I was done gardening by 10 AM, and then showered and did a full shave of my arms, legs and body, then luxuriated in my hot tub for a bit, before getting dolled up to go out. By about 11:30 AM I had everything en-femme except for doing my makeup and donning my wig, and I called my preferred nail salon and set up a 12:30 appointment to get my acrylic nails filled and a pedicure. I was dressed in a short sleeved blue and white floral print blouse, a black knee-length skirt, and 4" black wedgie sandals. I had a silver ankle bracelet on my left ankle, a silver charm bracelet watch on my left wrist, and a clutch sized black purse with a cross-body strap to complete the outfit.

At the nail salon, I had my toenails painted in a glittery blue gel polish, and my acrylic fingernails done in a silver and blue glitter clear polish which has highlights that match just about any color clothes, and adds a nice level of bling.

My next stop was a restaurant next to my local mall, where I got a table in the lounge area and enjoyed a late lunch consisting of a house salad, an entree or grilled shrimp with asparagus and penne pasta, and a berry flavored hard cider.

Then I went off into the mall itself, to shop for makeup, panties, shape wear and other clothes! I had a lovely time, and got a real steal on a cute knee-length denim skirt that was on sale plus clearance... Almost a $50 item for $11.50, after all the discounts were applied! At another store, I had forgotten my store credit card, which would give me an extra 20% off on my non clearance sale items that day. The SA said she could look up my card info if I would enter my social security number and show her my ID. I just calmly nodded, got out my male drivers' license, and before handing it to her I smiled and commented, "Here you go. But I'll warn you, the picture doesn't look much like me." She looked at the driver's license, which has a male gender marker and my male photo on it, looked back at me, and just nodded and completed the transaction with no comments or issues, still addressing me as a woman. As long as the name and address matched, she didn't care how I was presenting or the gender indicated on the ID, and she happily continued to address me as a female.

Then I went home to collect my 20 year old daughter and pick up some discount coupons for merchandise at the Hot Topic store, where we both like to buy clothes and jewelry. I changed into my new denim skirt and a white, short-sleeved peasant blouse, and we went back to the mall together. My daughter was happy to join me, both for the chance to shop with me and the chance to wander the mall and play "Pokemon Go" on her iPhone while we shopped.

Found more nice clothes and jewelry for both of us, and several more great sale buys (including saving almost half off on our purchases at Hot Topic.) It was getting close to 9 PM, when the mall closes, and we were too late for diner at the food court. So my daughter suggested we try a hamburger restaurant across the street from the mall, which she had noted earlier as a Pokemon Go 'Poke-stop'. We hadn't tried that restaurant yet, but it looked like a nice local restaurant.

So, we walked in together, and my daughter ordered a fancy hot dog and a lemonade, and I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, and when I saw that they had hard cider available, I ordered a hard cider for myself.

Much to my amusement, the young man at the cash register, who barely looked 21 himself, asked to see my ID, saying he to be certain I was over 21, and old enough to order the alcoholic hard cider! I got Carded! And mind you, I'm almost 58 years old! Now I've been told many times before that my makeup and clothing choices make me look a lot younger when I am en-femme. But most people guess Ceera is in her 30's to early 40's. Only occasionally does someone think I might be in my late 20's.

I grinned, thanked him for the complement, and gave him the same 'warning' as I handed him my drivers' license, that the picture on my license 'doesn't look much like me'. He looked at the ID and verified my birth date was appropriate, hardly glanced at the picture, then smiled at me, and said, "That's okay. I'll trust you on that. Have a nice meal, Ma'am!" Then he got my cider for me and I paid for the meal, giving the boy a nice tip, before we went to our table.

Now, I suppose its possible that the restaurant asks for proof of age for everyone who orders alcohol. Possible, but not likely.

It's also possible he was simply fishing for a tip, by complementing my 'youthful' appearance. (Which worked!)

He might have actually felt there was a chance I was in my 20's or younger, especially given the apparent youth of my dining companion. Many restaurants card anyone who looks like it's even vaguely possible they might be under 30. It certainly made me feel good to think that may have been the case.

Or I suppose it's possible he thought I might be a cross dresser, and was curious, but that he didn't want to ask directly or risk that he might misgender me. He could then look at my gender marker as well as the birth date, and still continue, as he did, to politely address me a female, having sated his curiosity without offending me. Even if true, the fact that he continued to address me as a female, even after seeing my male ID, was quite gratifying.

Regardless, it kind of made my day that anyone acted as if I might seriously be under 21! What a great way to wrap up my girly day! We went home after that, and put away our loot from the shopping trips. I'm attaching a selfie that I took in the hamburger restaurant, right after he carded me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-17-2016 at 07:55 PM.

You look great in your selfie! Glad you had such a wonderful day!! I just keep saying " one day"! Best wishes to you and yours! Hugs Lana Mae

Golly my wife and I were one state away from Oregon just two weeks ago. Wish we'd have went on over now sounds like a friendly state. You look great in your picture.

Great. Good that your family accepts it happily. Next time, try for a full week en femme.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like you had an amazing day! Nice pic

Ceera, looked like you had a nice day. LOL it has been a while since i have been carded
    Part Time Girl

You look good enough to pass easily as an older woman, and I'm sure they gossiped about it afterword if they (mainly the guy since he was only checking date of birth) saw you were male, I would have, and I would have been double curious. Congrats on a good day.

Around here they card you if you look 45 or younger. Last time that happened to me I told them "I'll be 70 in 6 months - and Thank You!"
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

sounds like a great day - your daughter is jem