Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you present as a woman?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do you present as a woman?

Hello, This occurred to me on Saturday night when I went out with some friends. I wore an engagement ring and a wedding ring (and other things of course!) and I realised I often do this. Then I wondered if it were a symbol of the desire to present to the outside world as a wife and to pass as one. Like most of us I suspect I love the thought of passers bye seeing me as a woman. I have even had the occasional comment a woman might get when she passes a man. You know the kind of comment I mean and in a way I find it confirming my female identity. From this I wondered how others like to present themselves. Do others wish to pass as a married lady possibly with children? Or do you wish to be the flirty type who would like to attract men. Or perhaps a professional woman who wears a dark skirt and jacket and a cream white blouse during the day. There are many variations and if this is not too personal I would love to how you would like others to see you as a woman. Love, Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I've been wearing a wedding band and engagement ring (cubic zirconium) for years. I wear them because I am married to my wife and want to show that. I admit that I also use it to let others know that I am not available for any handy panky.

Over all I try to present myself as a professional woman / housewife of my age.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I found out long ago wearing a wedding set to top off the image of femininity was a good idea.
    In the beginning I got hit on by guys a bit and really it got annoying.
    With a wedding and engagement ring it does send out a message to men and women alike that you are taken.
    I have had women remark on my set a few times in a nice way and that kind of validates the image I am going for.

Hi Jenny, I like to present myself as an office worker or a single woman of my age, well maybe a little younger. I did pick up a few rings but they will go on the fingers that they happen to fit. Brenda

The last thing I want to do is to stand out in public and attract lots of attention. Crossdressing is more of a personal thing with me and I simply love the feeling of stepping into a totally different person with different looks, personality and name. I try to dress like an "everyday" woman would, often in jeans and a top but occasionally in a skirt or jumper dress. The hair I choose is usually shoulder length or longer and always with bangs. It is always fun to drive during the day with large fem sunglasses on as most women do. So to answer the question, I just want to fit in and look natural.

not toally out but present as kinda tomboy/girl so unless I am in a real seedy venue I don't gethit on too much

I have to be very flexible. We live in a smaller town where most women dress very casually...very. No makeup, jeans, flip flops, casual top, slightly combed hair, no jewelry, etc. My appearance generally includes most female things not seen around here...very frustrating. I love pencil skirts, makeup, earrings, hose (a definite no-no), heels, blouses, both sleeveless and 3/4 sleeves, etc. All causing unwanted attention. I have a supportive wife. We agree, Discovery would be a disaster. I work at a bank. This town is absolutely not ready for us. Our Board recently discussed the transgender bathroom issue. Many of the comments were very negative. I kept thinking...if they only knew. Nothing was done, either. We go to an upscale mall about 20 miles away to shop, take in a movie, etc. I/we fit in much better there. The "professional" woman is my favorite mode.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]
    (edit @ Janet)

We are totally on the same page. ��
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-18-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: no need to quote post to agree

I typically try to look like a girl my age. Jeans and a top or sundress if the weather is nice. I also where a ring to indicate that I am married ( I love my wife and want to show it). Sometimes looking like a business professional is fun too.

I like the idea of engagement/wedding rings as it helps avoid unwanted attention. I like aprofessional office look. It helps explain being dressed up in our increasingly casual society and looks feminine but not out of place in the right setting.

Elizabeth

professional mode and casual

I always wear an engagement ring. Here in Texas, women do go casual but you see several in skirts or dresses also. I try to always have a skirt or dress on and it does not look unusual.
    Part Time Girl

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I wear an engagement ring and wedding band set when I go out too. For one thing, I am a married woman (though I'm sure it's pure vanity to imagine anyone would be interested). The other thing is that I'm either gonna have a huge "crop circle" on my finger where my wedding ring normally is, or a big ol man-ring ... I'd rather have something fabulous, and it's simply amazing how much absoloutely convincing cubic zirconia you can buy for $10 direct from China these days.

Honestly, my style in girl mode is about like my style in guy mode. Preppy/professional with a side of nerd and a big old helping of soccer mom. My wife says I have boring fashion taste LOL. Can't hide who I am ... I'm a nerd through and through, even in girl mode.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Banned Read only
    I wear my wedding band and a traditionally female engagement ring whenI am out. I AM married after all. I used to think this would prevent men from approaching me, but I doubt most men approaching strange actually look for a ring. I think what keeps men away is my age, where I go, and, oh yeah, the fact that I am a cross dresser and clearly not female.

I always try to present as best I can. I can only work with what I have.

Banned Read only
    At almost seventy years old there is no problem keeping men away! Anyway, I have not had my wedding band off, even for surgery, ever since it went on. I dress to project how I feel. I always wear a dress, hosiery and heels. The dress is appropriate for any woman in her thirties to her sixties and older.

Hey Jenny. Since you do go out with friends, you undoubtably have picked up on the fact to dress as the group has chosen. The group should be dressed like the others in the place you're going, so you shouldn't attract attention needlessly. I always dress to fit the occasion and in the best, clean, well kept clothes to fit the situation. (You don't wear a club dress to go grocery shopping!)
    I wear a wedding set as well, not only for that extra layer of protection, but to also honor the lady I am married to. Now don't think this will make you immune from being hit on! There are guys out there who could care less if a lady is married or not. Have a back up line to feed these idiots who forget what the ring represents. (I use the old stand by: sorry, but I'm not into guys. And give them a smile).
    If you want to look your best, find high quality pieces to fill out your wardrobe. They may cost more, but they hold up and look much better on you than the cheap stuff. Check out consignment shops for gently used articles like this at a reasonable price.
    If you think for just a second, what would the other women wear to where I'm going? That then should be your clue on what to wear. Have fun out there!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Lately everything has been at knee length, and always wear a wedding ring. I cut back on my makeup and only use what is necessary. I don't try to draw attention but at 6-1 it's not easy to hide. I would love to be seen as a woman but I'm not and don't pretend to be. I just be myself and don't worry about what others think.
    Kate

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    No matter which appearance I've decided to emulate, I always wear my wedding ring.
    After all, even if I'm wearing six inch heels, giant boobs and a leather mini-skirt, I'm still a happily married man.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have not ventured out, but I present myself here in the style I call catalog women - focused on looking pretty / feminine. I am considering joining a local support group - Tiffany Club - and would probably goes in a more blendable outfit, but still pretty and feminine. I did grab 90 minutes this AM to fully dress for first time in almost 3 months, so can post some pics later. One is in size 6 pants.
    Hugs, Ellen

Funny I find that a wedding set is the best bait to get men to hit on you. They think you're safe and won't want a long term commitment
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Ellen ,

Looking forward to seeing your pics, Was 90 minutes enough?

When my wife was alive, neither of us wore a ring of any kind, under normal circumstances. We both did to much with our hands, where a ring might be a safety hazard, or would be damaged or messed up by what we were doing. She had a nice wedding ring that I made for her - sterling silver cast in the form of a rose, and set with water opal that shone more than a diamond in direct sunlight. It remained in our safe, except for special formal occasions. I never had a wedding ring myself.

Now I have a 'wedding ring', which, when I am out at a more formal occasion, I wear on the ring finger of my right hand, as befits a widow. It's a fairly large cubic zirconia in a nice Tiffany setting, and the ring looks like white gold. When asked, as Ceera I state that I am widowed, even if I am not wearing that ring.

from the neck down( Fabulous) But the neck up.... Car crash lol20160718_172539.jpg20160718_172539.jpg

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    I've just answered a comment to Dana, about presentation, when she said my bodycon dress made me look like the woman.

Personally I like to keep it as natural as possible, try and think how a woman would dress in the same circumstances, obviously this relates to me going out to social evenings, they don't need to be OTT but smart without being dressy. Not excessive with the makeup , forms just big enough to achieve a natural figure . I don't dress to stand out , but just look as close to a woman as I can. I don't bother with rings, I'm not going to pass 100% to fool anyone if I'm a married woman or not besides I'm not looking for a relationship .

Only today I spoke to an old friend I hadn't seen in twenty years, she knew about my CDing from my wife so I brought her up to date and showed her my recent pictures, she was just blown away how passable I was ( in her words , not mine !). As usual I had the envious comment about my legs, but she was so overwhelmed how I managed to put the whole thing together.
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-18-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Banned Read only
    I'm just me. I wear dresses and flats. Makeup when I have time.

I'm engaged, so I wear an engagement ring. This doesn't deter anyone from flirting.

My personality is more noticeable than my appearance.

I always wear at least a wedding band.
    I'm happy and proud being married and love being seen as a married woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !