Thread: Casa Valentina

Casa Valentina

Has anyone seen the play "Casa Valentina" ? We,my wife and I are going to see it this weekend . I was just wondering what others thought of it. I am excited to see it .

I went to see the play in Boston, I thought it was amazing,, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I haven't seen it but, it's looks like allot of FUN!

Just think, men dressed as women. Who would have thought?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Should be a great show. If you have time, google Casa susanna to get the real history.

Diane

We went to see it at the Pasadena Playhouse. The first act was fun and spoke to a lot of things TG individuals feel. The second act turned dark very quickly and the ending was unsatisfying.

The writer is a gay activist and used the play to attack the memory of Virginia Prince ("Charlotte" in the play) , the founder of Tri-ess, who decided not to ally the organization with homosexuals. It's a clear case of the writer judging past events using current morals without considering the conditions of the time. I have friends who knew Virginia Prince and she wasn't portrayed fairly.