Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Envy

Envy

I went to a wedding over the week end and I was so jealous of all the woman with there heels and dresses most were very glamorous thay all looked so nice and I was drab wishing it was me maybe one day 😍

I think we all experience this kind of envy - with me its daily.........................Debra

Banned Read only
    My wife and I stopped in at Costco yesterday (Sunday). I love Costco on Sundays. For some reason the place is always crowded with attractively attired women in dresses and heels. I can go to Costco more often than I get invited to weddings. If there is any local expectation for women to wear dresses, it is for Sunday church.

I agree with Debra on this, not a day goes by when I don't feel this way at least once.

Always... beautiful colorful sleeveless tank tops with skirts, naked legs and heels in this hot weather.. I have to wear drab long sleeve shirts and khakis. Let a man walk into work with a sleeveless tank on and see how quickly he gets kicked out. sigh........

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I had to work in khakis I would never wear them and probably get fired for never wearing them.
    So sick of anything khaki and especially khaki cargo shorts.

Like Debra...this is me 24/7. Ummm, how would that look on me....ummmm. No hose. Awww...wonder if that is in my size...and the beat goes on...😉👗👠👡

Banned Read only
    Jessica,
    Can you imagine what's it's like to be a CDing wedding photographer ? I did it for thirty years imagine the times I felt like you ! Sometimes I would have two or three to cover on one day. The consolation was I could get to dress for hours in the darkroom when printing the photographs !

I always wanted to be one of the bridesmaids, I loved some of the colours and their dresses , on the whole they easier to wear than wedding dresses and they usually have the most fun at weddings !!

Banned Read only
    I cried three years ago upon passing a wedding of a lovely young woman. I realized, then, I would never have that experience. I cried about this for about 30 hours. (I was newly on HRT.)

It's odd, but I'm engaged now, and I think traditional marriage is not something I believe in. When I do marry my fiancé, if we ever bother to take that step, my vision for my wedding involves a black dress, a dark, theatrical space, burlesque dancers, and if I can find them, fire jugglers and sword swallowers. Practically speaking, we'll probably elope in a back alley in New Orleans.

Yer I think about it all the time every time a see a pretty woman well dressed I think what if I could look like that I love her shoes and so on it was just a major over load all at once in one place but I keep my cool my usual clothes are dirty greasey work clothes oil overalls and steelys

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

All the woman seem to make an extra big effort for weddings

Not just dresses but also skirts!! Does not even have to be that dressy!! Just love them!! Hugs Lana Mae

I felt that way to the last wedding I went to. Imagining how I would look in each dress. I would think I love that dress, or I wouldn't be caught dead in that dress. I didn't notice the men's attire at all.

It is tragic that men are confined to so few choices, but we may have more than we realize. GG's have a wide variety of sensual, beautiful things we don't, for sure.

Women have far more choices in every field, not only selection of clothes. Men are getting sidelined gradually everywhere.

Woman first, Trans second
    susmitha, please... Just don't.

feminism-MRAs.jpg
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

While I'm sure I'll never be able to go to a wedding en femme, I've gone to a number of events, including 6 Gala Balls at Keystone wearing what I would want to wear if I went to a wedding en femme. I've also worn fancy cocktail dresses rented from "Rent the Runway".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    I understand and empathise (or is it identify?) with this sentiment. Now this having been said, I would also want to separate the notion of wanting to be feminine from that of wanting to be beautiful, much as we like to lump the two together.

Whether en femme or en homme, I usually endeavour to dress well, and I end up overdressing quite a bit. While I concede that men's cuttings don't have as many variations as their female counterparts (and if any, the male variations are arguably much more subtle), there's a certain dignity to looking presentable at least, and hopefully attractive (in no sexual sense mind you).

I hardly feel 'drab' or monotonous wearing a tailored suit, much as I would rather be en femme in a ballroom or at a formal dinner. Or for that matter, delivering a musical performance (I dislike my sleeves getting in my way, incidentally). There is a certain elegance apparently associated with female classical musicians, augmented by but not beholden to evening dress. (I reckon male ones get as much appeal as well, but I'm clearly not feeling it - especially since I think we're sometimes seen as erudite.)

Getting married is a long way for me, much less being the bride. I had a persisting fetishistic interest in bridal wear (up to and including bridal lingerie) as well, but marriage doesn't exactly warrant as many fantasies as does wedding day, and I'm slightly worried about cheapening the entire idea of marriage.

Just as I reached legal drinking age and began clubbing, I felt the 'envy' part strongest, not just for the extremely sexy clothing of the women there, but for their body features I wanted on myself in place of what I had been given (or blessed with?).

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by susmitha View Post
    Women have far more choices in every field, not only selection of clothes. Men are getting sidelined gradually everywhere.
    You've got to be joking? For reals?

Panties4me
    Two weekends ago I was at wedding. Yhe bride and bridesmaids looked lovely, as did the grooms 26yr old sister. For me, I spent the evening wondering what they were wearing under their outfits.😊

Totally get that. I think I tell my wife all the time when we are out and about saying that I love someone's outfit. I guess it doesn't help that I work in a place filled with interior designers that dress well everyday. Love the styles

Envy 24/7 for me, but it is more envy of their bodies than their clothes.

I am reminded of lyrics in Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones. "I see the girls dressed in their summer clothes, I have to turn my head until the darkness goes".

Tina

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Speaking of weddings, years ago after returning home after attending a wedding, my envy got the best of me as my wife was taking her dress of to get undressed. Still being somewhat buzzed from the reception, I asked my wife if I could see how I would look in her clothes. She agreed, so I put her entire outfit on, dress, hose, heels, bra, etc. she looked at me and said she was mad, then after a little hesitation, she said I am mad because you look better in that dress than I do. I didn't! But it was nice to hear her say that.

Tina

I'm always feeling this way
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Yes it is a funny subject. When i go to church, and i shouldn't say this, but when i go to church i can't keep my eyes off of the women all dressed up in their Sunday Best. I also like going to concerts, especially country music, the women there dress to KILL. All I can think of is, i would love to swap clothes with her. Or i donder what that dress feels like. Oh W
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    You've got to be joking? For reals?
    Yes, it is for real. That's what I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by susmitha View Post
    Yes, it is for real. That's what I feel.
    well you are entitled to feel whatever you like, however your statement doesn't even remotely describe real life.

a friend of mine almost got fired for doing something nobody would have bated an eye at had she been male... because some dude who probably thinks women don't belong in the workplace took it upon themselves to be an evil troll.

The glacial pace at which women are gaining something that resembles equal rights in our culture may FEEL like being sidelined to some men, but its actually the incredibly slow and tortuous fight for equality making the tiniest of dents in male privilege.
    Last edited by JanePeterson; 07-20-2016 at 09:06 PM.