Thread: Good thing i stayed home Tuesday night!

Good thing i stayed home Tuesday night!

I t was very hot and humid all week. I decided not to go to a town 40 miles off, to walk the park, and sit for an outdoor concert. Too muggy. I did not use my 1983 Ford pickup until Friday, to go to another town 35 miles away for looking for apartments, and going to the Social Security office. On the busiest street in town, my truck clutch went out, and i was blocking traffic, had to be towed all the way home. If i had gone out dressed Tuesday evening, I would have broke down further away, and dressed up, and blocking traffic. i would have had to switch into guy stuff really fast, and clean off makeup quickly, or just do all the tow truck studd, all dolled up, a six foot six guy in a dress, in the cab with a tow truck driver, for close to an hour! I am glad for the hot humid weather, now!

Reality Check
    It might be time to think about a newer vehicle.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That sounds like a really close call and one expensive tow!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Krisi, To hell with newer vehicles. i love my 83 Ford f150, and i love my 76 Dodge aspen. Though they have occasional upsets, it is still better than huge monthly payments for a newer vehicle, which i have no idea how to fix. At least i can do most of my own repairs... not in hose and heels and a dress, though! Carla, The towing bill was only $75, mush less than i had thought it would be. I do not have the income to buy any newer vehicle. I make the most with a little, keep em going until they are classics.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-13-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alice, ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good luck was on your side!! Both vehicles you mention actually are classics-must be 20 years old only!!! Keep them if you like!! Hope parts are not a problem!! Hugs Lana Mae

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    ... I make the most with a little, keep em going until they are classics.
    That's what my wife says about me, but I'm rapidly reaching the point of being an old rust bucket now.

I think fate or whoever was definitely looking out for you Alice. A couple of close calls.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Alice I know just what you mean about new vehicles, so full of electronics you dont have a clue where to start, you keep em going girl if I lived out your way I would come and help you fit a new clutch, but its a bit too far to bring my tools. I love the old stuff , my old trucks done over 200.000 now and still works every day, and pulls my trailer. Good luck with the hose hunting too. Heather