Thread: Wore a onepiece swimsuit in public

Wore a onepiece swimsuit in public

With the help and support of my wife - I purchased and then wore a 1 piece swimsuit out in public.

We started at the river in a secluded spot, swam for about an hour, just enjoyed the feeling. Relaxed after about 10 minutes and really began enjoying the experience.
    As we're swimming, I look up toward the river bank and see a man and woman standing there ... staring. So ... as casually as possible I swim to our spot on the bank, pick up my towel and dry off. Pull my shorts and tshirt on, and start picking out things up. The whole time the woman is smiling and the man looks like he is ready to burst out laughing. As my wife and I walk past them the woman smiled at me and said hello - nice day for a swim huh, hello back - yeah it is .. the guy .. starts chuckling and asks me if the water was wet - yeah it is, feels good too. Walked as casually as we could back to the car and drove off .. my wife and I both laughing. Busted, in a one piece ... in the middle of the woods .. what are the odds?

So, we get up the next morning and decide to try the beach. It's a weekday, no one will be out until the afternoon ... so we pack a cooler, grab the towels and I put on my one piece again and off we go. We find a nice quiet spot on the beach oon the sound side .. parked and then walked wayyyyyy down the beach. Figure, OK, now we're good. Start swimming, playing in the sand, just enjoying ourselves. From where we were you could cars on the bridge, people on the other side of the bay setting up .. but we're all alone and its nice n quiet ... we go for a walk, come back and wade in and swim some more to cool off ... as we're in the water .. I kid you not .. here comes a group of older women, and they set up about 10 yards from our stuff.

Two times in two days .. I sat there in the water thinking .. NOW WHAT? My wife offered to go up and get my shorts and tshirt so I could come out of the water .. and I thought .. no .. they'll see it any way. So .. we wade out and the ladies smiled and said hello. Hello back ... alot of double takes and some quick whispers when they see what I am wearing. Nobody said a word to me, but they were looking at me standing there, in a one piece swim suit, right out in the open. We dried off, sat down and then just enjoyed the sun for awhile. Ate our lunch, sat around some more and then left. On our way out the ladies all smiled and wished us a good day, one lady said that the week days were the best time to come out and ... swim ... and they had never seen anyone in that area during the week except themselves and they hoped to see us again. I acted as calm and natural as I could, even though I was terrified out of my mind for a little bit there. But it all went well.

My wife said I handled it great and was glad I got to go out and enjoy myself. We're already planning our next beach trip.

Sounds like a couple of good days out. LOL, but most people don't mind and it makes there day to see someone like you. I use a two piece bathing with nice string tie top. The bottom has a mesh skirt over the bikini and that helps hide the stuff and well, with long hair and shaved body it is pretty hard to tell.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    Your wife has a lot of wisdom. Always listen to her and this will all get easier. People will always be gawking and whispering to some extent. You can't control that. But if you carry yourself the right way, it tells them all that what you're wearing is no big deal to you and shouldn't be to them either. To paraphrase Nike, Just Own It!

Glad you had a good time. I have been out swimming a number of times and it gets easier. Just act like you belong.

Like Dana my tankin has a skirt on the bottom. I find that it helps hide the stuff to give a more feminine look.

I'm looking at more suit options, and like I said we are planning our next trip.

It felt wonderful to be out and enjoying wearing what I wanted.

Nice story glad you and your wife has a nice experience I would love to be able to go swimming in a one piece suit like that enjoy

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Men use to wear one piece suits back in the 20s so who knows maybe your setting a new trend.
    You know what they say what's old is new again.
    Loved the story thanks for sharing

Isn't that the way it goes today!? Hard to be alone anymore. So many people everywhere now! I call it boundry bumping. Its the new national past time! Too many people bumping boundries with other poeple. I bought one piece several yrs ago, and have only worn it outside for a minute or two, at a lonely isolated rest area. Went outside my vehicle, took several photos, then jumped back into my pick up truck. You are so very, very, very fortunate to have such a wife!!! No woman i have met yet, tolerates crossdressing, but says it is something i must stop.

Being a beach person who usually walks all the way down to where there's no people, there's always that group that sets up right next to you, and they are freaking annoying.

You are so lucky to have a supportive wife that goes out with you. Despite the encounters, it sounds like you had a wonderful and exilerating time in the water. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah447 View Post
    Being a beach person who usually walks all the way down to where there's no people, there's always that group that sets up right next to you, and they are freaking annoying.
    I understand what you mean .. 3 miles of beach, and you gotta set up right next to us.

That said, like I said ... they were very nice and other than the looks, once they settled in, you hardly noticed them.

Heather:
    Would you tell us the rest of the story. Were you dressed to pass, or were you presenting as a guy in a one piece? Forms or no forms or natural breasts that are woman-like? wig? Natural hair long or short and with a woman's style and cut? Guy haircut? Is your body hairless; soft, fine, and invisible; or hairsuite? is your voice passable, or not? Like a novel, we'd appreciate the detail and back stoey.

Thanks,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Swam as a guy in a one piece at an outdoor pool in a winter resort. I was in a women's water polo swimsuit that was thick and gave more coverage. Obviously it gave more warmth under those conditions and women I encountered there commented that it was a good choice. Only thing to make one feel wimpy though was to be wearing such a one piece swimsuit for warmth and have a girl jump in wearing just a string bikini handling the cold much better.

It may have worked better if you had worn a women's bathing cap. I would love to go swimming in a female swimsuit. I have only done it once for the briefest of times on a deserted beach in the early morning. My one CD group was considering having one at a local hotel but cancelled due to being cost prohibitive. I was looking forward to that one.

Sounds like a fun outing and so what if people see you enjoying yourself. I hope you and your wife continue to have fun for the rest of your lives.
    I wear a onepeice at my local swimming pools and had a bikini at a popular beach, people tend to be really nice and supportive about it.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My numerous first attempts to go out in public have all been thwarted by the sudden appearance of people in places and times I would never have expected. I believe that there are no secret places or private places in the US that aren't private property or restricted to access by government. Also, it seems to me that the more I want to be alone, the harder people try to be around me. I especially hate the whole beach thing. I take long walks away from people on the beach to set up. I'll walk a quarter mile on the sand, away from the parking lots, boardwalks, access stairs, bathrooms, concessions, etc. Within the first five minutes after I'm set up and comfortable, someone saunters up and parks themselves and their screaming brats five feet from me. I then move farther away. Again, as I settle in...more people sidling up on me. Sigh. And EVERY time I'm dressed at home... The doorbell, the knocking. I never get visitors until I'm dressed up! I think this is the universes way of telling me to get out of the closet!!!
    Last edited by MisterEgurl; 07-29-2016 at 09:19 AM.

That's great Heather. Get out there and enjoy hun.
    Angie