Thread: Rebirth

Rebirth

Hi all!
    I'm 32 years old now... This CDing thing is not new for me, I've been doing it since I was a kid.
    I recently broke up on a relationship in which I tried to live both as Hugo and Gabby... It wasn't possible for me and I started feeling like a very lonely person inside my head... On the other hand, I've always tried to be a positive person about life, and make the decisions I need to be happy... That's why I got to the point where I realized that this is the best time in my life to break the silence that I have carried for so long, and let Gabby stay here with us forever. I'll live my life as the woman I really am! And don't get me wrong: I've been a good and happy person as a man, but that part of me has to be left behind. This is a well thought choice of life! I'm in a good position both emotionally and financially
    So right now I'm looking for all the info I can get related to the changes I need to make regarding my body and a new lifestyle. I also know that this is a long and very tough road, not a piece of cake.
    Luckily, I can count on a very special group of friends that are supporting me, so I know i won't be alone. I haven't talked at work or to my family yet, but I'll do it when the time is right.
    So... Yeah! That's all I have for the moment. I'll keep you posted about everything. Can't wait to start taking pictures and posting more stuff!

Big hugs!

Gabby
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hi Gabby, I'm glad you've come to a place of peaceful self-acceptance.

Perhaps you're clear that Gabby is a crossdresser for life, but it almost sounds as if you're contemplating full transition. If that's the case, have you considered posting in the Transsexual section?

Hugs and best wishes for your future,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hi Gabreila, I am truly happy that you are finding peace in your understanding of who you are. Few people truly reach this point in life. Be confident in your decision and include us in your journey. Take care, Brenda

Hi Gabby!!!! ... If you are thinking of full transition, your positive attitude will take you far and be a vital part of the process! There is a lot to it that isn't apparent when you are first forming mental pictures of how things would go and I would urge you to gather all the information you can do you know what to expect... I'm not sure how the process plays out in Costa Rica as far as care providers, therapists etc. but, I hope there are good resources in place. You do have a good number of us that have been through all of this on the TS portion of the forum so I'd urge you to use us as one resource... Hopefully of many, to get more perspective of the road ahead... It has been the best and hardest thing I've ever done but I am living a life that is finally my own and that us priceless to me!!!

Take Care,

Ashley
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

Gabby,

Good for you hon, sometimes in life we just have to take the bull by the horns and go for it. I wish I was strong as you are. I know I would be happier as Amanda than Ben.
    Amanda

Hi Nikky,

Yes, I'm aware of all you say. I've just been positing here since the begining and who knows? Maybe this post encourages other friends around here to think about the ghosts that haunted them I'll make a post in the Trans section too and put everything there from now on.

Thanks!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlamc View Post
    Hi Gabby!!!! ... If you are thinking of full transition, your positive attitude will take you far and be a vital part of the process! There is a lot to it that isn't apparent when you are first forming mental pictures of how things would go and I would urge you to gather all the information you can do you know what to expect... I'm not sure how the process plays out in Costa Rica as far as care providers, therapists etc. but, I hope there are good resources in place. You do have a good number of us that have been through all of this on the TS portion of the forum so I'd urge you to use us as one resource... Hopefully of many, to get more perspective of the road ahead... It has been the best and hardest thing I've ever done but I am living a life that is finally my own and that us priceless to me!!!

Take Care,

Ashley
    Thank you so much for your kindest words, Ashley!
    I'm sure that this process will be full of surprises of all kind, sad and happy. As you suggest, I'm picking up all the info that I can and talking to friends that have passed through this already. The key to succeed is to be as positive as you can, that's why I'm not afraid, but excited about this!

Big hugs!
    Gabby

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Gabby,

Good for you hon, sometimes in life we just have to take the bull by the horns and go for it. I wish I was strong as you are. I know I would be happier as Amanda than Ben.
    Hey, Amanda! Thanks for your kind words! Well, I've been thinking about this for years and years... so I know that this is a tough decision to make. If you really want it, the time will come for you, just don't run and try to enjoy your life as a man to! You know? I believe that this is like "I gave my time to Hugo, now it's time for Gabby to take over!" It's like splitting your lifetime in order to be happier, no matter what!

Take care!
    Gabby
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

You sound positive and seem comfortable with your decision. If you are positive go for it with gusto!! I have had my time with these thoughts unlike you, I am greedy and want both sides for now! Best wishes and lots of luck!! Hugs Lana Mae