Thread: A first with my wonderful wife!

A first with my wonderful wife!

For years I have been able to sleep in nightgowns of which I own two(single color gowns). The two that I own are satin because I love the feel of the material. Lately my wife has been telling me that I should try a cotton as it is much cooler to wear during the summertime. I never bought one as they were either too frilly or too feminine in color and in print and my wife has told me that she would not want to see me in anything that was too feminine. So I never purchased one to try.
    Today we went shopping at a mall and we bought some skin care products for her. Then she and I went into a store to look at clothes. She went to the lingerie department and started looking through nightgowns as she needed a new one for herself. Then she continued looking through the nightgowns and pulled out one in my size and asked me what I thought of it. I told her the size looked right and asked her if it was too feminine looking for her to have me wear. She said that she would be fine with me wearing it and she was insistent on me trying a cotton one.
    I told her it was more feminine than anything I would pick, as it was frilly on the hem and across the bust. Also it had a very floral pattern. She said that if I was going to continue down this path (which she does not really like and does not want to see anything more than what she has already accepted me doing) that I should at least be comfortable. She then proceeded to the counter and bought it for me, along with her nightgown!
    I was surprised to say the least, and when we got home, she laid out all the skin care products and said that we would talk about them in the morning, as she wants to teach me about them and that I might wish to use them as well!
    I must say that after my first night of sleeping in this gown, I was surprised to find just how comfortable it is to sleep in cotton and now have three nightgowns which I can wear without making my wife uncomfortable.
    Looking forward to trying the skin care products this morning as well.
    I truly love my wife for her efforts in finding a balance with me. She is the most wonderful person I know, and has been my best friend for over 45 years!
    Di

You are very lucky and a door opened for you. It leads into more acceptance and sharing. It also leads to the comfort of cotton in your lingerie.
    Pass on my regards to your wife for her support.

Wow you are so lucky have such an accepting wife I can only hope that at some point in time mine will do the same.
    Emma xx

I agree, a wonderful wife - Good for you! I remain closeted myself. Maybe someday...

Thank you, Kiwi. Will do!

Banned Read only
    my wife is very accepting of me being dressed, but we have a girly night prob once ever couple of months and everything else is separate. To be fair its such a chore making myself pretty its probably for the best lol

That's really sweet of her! I am lucky myself to have a girlfriend who is 100% accepting of what I do, she encourages it and always says "be who you are, I love everything about you"

That's really great that your wife is acknowledging and participating in your femme self. I am very happy for you. I love nightgowns especially silk nighties. My wife is onboard because nighties are better for my GERD than regular PJs with a waistband. Winter Silks use to carry unisex silk nighties and I have 4-5 of them. Very comfortable to wear during all seasons.

Silver Member
    I have a couple cotton nightgowns that I wear when it is warm or just because I want to. I also wear nylon gowns quite often as does my wife. Since we have air-conditioning we set the bedroom temp for the best sleeping so it doesn't matter which material. Tonight I put on a Mexican inspired house dress made of cotton.

I only wear nightgowns and most are cotton. My wife and I have shopped together and she will suggest ones that are quite feminine. Last year she went on holidays and came back with a nightgown which I just adore. The strangest time was when I went out and bought a winter nightgown and when my wife came home insisted that we go back to the store and buy one for her. These are still our favourites in winter and we wear them even when family and friends are staying. No one has ever commented.

Kinda of a tease. "when we got home, she laid out all the skin care products and said that we would talk about them in the morning"

Waiting, waiting for an update. Which type of skin care products and why? Only use a moisturizer with low spf, but that is only when going to be out in the sun as they make me warmer. Perhaps I am missing something. Thus, an update would be very nice
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Platinum Member
    Hi DI, It's always great to read a Wonderful story like that......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Lisa,
    The skin products were a BIG SPLURGE, for us, as we bought some Chistian Dior Dream Skin moisturizer and serum. Also a foundation and some eye cream for night. The foundation is a spray foundation which is brushed on the skin. I told my wife that I would like to try this one time to experience it. She said she would do this with me so I can try it. 😊
    Di

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh, I forgot to mention that the moisturizer is a low spf (15%), called city defense. It is wonderful!!!
    Di

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh, I forgot to mention that the moisturizer is a low spf (15%), called city defense. It is wonderful!!!
    Di

Such a nice gift from your wife

really fun story! Your wife is great you truly have a soulmate!

Di, I am glad your wife is so nice and she bought that for you. I love nighties and we do wear them to bed but now it is too hot and no clothes at all.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Di, I am glad your wife is so nice and she bought that for you. I love nighties and we do wear them to bed but now it is too hot and no clothes at all.
    Yes. Naked can be the best nightwear of all! 😘

Love this story keep em up. Your wife sounds great

Sounds like she is coming around, don't push her and maybe she will see the bond you will both sharing and spending more time together. That's what my wife like the most, time together with the dressing that we would not would have had if it wasn't for the dressing. Hope your road becomes smoother. Thanks for sharing.

Reality Check
    I would have suggested that you ask your wife to pick out a nightgown for you but I see it already happened. That's good. She can hardly complain about something that she picked out.

I don't know where you are with other dressing, but you can use the same technique. Let her pick out clothes for you.

A precautionary note- one man's wife got suddenly really helpful- and then left him. What made me wonder was that you said she ignored you saying that her choice of nightie was too feminine. If your comment to her was your polite way of saying- I love how feminine it is, and if you are feeling she is emotionally warm, as opposed to clinically accurate in gauging what you want, then this is a good thing!

It is a really good idea to say- wait- I love this, but tell me what you are feeling now. For many SOs the problem is that we crossdressers are captivated by our alter persona and it feels [accurately, often enough] to them like is competing with their attention to their living and breathing woman partner.
    We are all beautiful...!