Thread: Will my interest and desrie return?

Will my interest and desrie return?

I am continually amazed at the experiences I have while out in the world as a woman.
    When I started going out into the world as a woman I was happy not to scare small children and animals. I travel all over the U.S. for business and use this time to go out and about in the world. I dress in business clothes and appear slightly better dressed then most women. I feel it’s important to blend in and not stick out and to dress age appropriate. I never thought that I could go to malls, get makeovers at MAC, visit the doctor, dine out, and enjoy museums. Over the years I’ve lost weight, improved my wardrobe, and developed my makeup skills. Today I am happy with my presentation as a woman. But even in my early days I’ve never had a problem with the public.

I've reached a point now where, I have kind of done it all, and really don't have that overwhelming desire to get out as woman?

In a way I am kind of sad as I miss it. Did anyone else go thru this?

Will that urge to get out return?????

Out and About.jpg
    Last edited by Paula_56; 07-28-2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typo

Aspiring Member
    Hi Paula

Everything I have read on this forum suggest the ‘buzz’ will return. Maybe give it a rest for a while.

Have just looked at your Flickr images, and you look amazing and have a great sense of style.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Thanks Vikky--I hope so

I know Reine mentioned a CDer who had fulfilled all sorts of experiences and no longer dressed. I may be you were able to merge what was missing from your drab self into a newer, better person. Or you need some new challenge to take on - maybe a bikini like Samantha Rogers!
    Hugs, Ellen

Hi Paula -- Just my personal opinion based on personal experience; I have no science to back this up, but...

It seems to me we dress to meet a particular inner need. When that need is not being satisfied the effects can get very strong. If we resist satisfying it until it reaches "toxic" levels we have Pink Fog and other over-the-top behaviors. But my experience is that if you can satisfy it before it gets too strong, then it's possible to reach an equilibrium. You may be there. That's not to say you won't find happiness dressing and going out, but it might not be as intense as when your inner need is triggering a fight-or-flight response inside you and you're refusing to flee. That's a risk-taking behavior and is very stimulating. I'd say if you want to get some of that back, try doing something new that's a little challenging for you -- maybe go out in a less "blendy" mode or try an activity you haven't done before -- go buy a car while dressed; audition for a play; speed date -- just something to push you a little out of your comfort zone. Or just relax and enjoy being calmly you.

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    I feel it's a case of total contentment in your own skin, male of female is easy for you to do , in some respects your two halves have become one. You know you can go out and do it as a female without any worries and still OK being the guy without any pressures.

I can understand this happening if you you don't have a DADT situation, I envy you getting to that point, total contentment !

The buzz I get is from my shopping trips and putting it all together, I know I will only go out once a month so those outfits are special for just one evening .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-28-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Paula, beautiful and well dressed girl. But now manly and wonder if it ever come back. Heck be a man for a while and one day it will hit you like a pile of bricks and the desire will return. Those are beautiful clothes that you have. Keep them in good shape as you will need them again.
    Part Time Girl

I think Jennie is on to something there Paula, and I'll draw this analogy for your consideration. I really enjoy fishing; but I'm not as consumed by it, and don't get the same intense enjoyment out of it every time I fish. My enjoyment does intensify whenever other than normal events take place, or when I challenge myself to fish in a new location, fish for a new species, or use a new method. Challenge does bring it's own rewards so to speak.

Regrettably, I'm no where near as accomplished at going out dressed as you are, so I can't say with certainty my analogy is valid. If all goes to plan, that will change over the coming years, and I may end up feeling similar to yourself.

Karen

I guess I agree with you in that the thril is gone sometimes. I don't dress often a couple of times a month although there have been times where I have spent a week or more dressed. But after a week or more the thrill is definitely gone and I have trouble making myself put a bra on. The thrill I guess isn't worth the hassle. BUt a few weeks or amonth or so latter and Sallee is out and about. I tend to dress down so I blend I seldom get read or at least I don't notice but I think that is just the way society is going these days. Nobody really cares. I can agree with you that I feel I have done it all or at least alot had no problem and had a good time but after awhile it is a hassle and dressing needs a break until the thrill returns. Trust me it will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Hi Paula,
    Only one word describes you....lovely and accomplished. Yes, one can tell, you've done it all and it is so obvious you have carefully taken each level to perfection every step of your presentation. Congratulations ! I understand your feelings. I ask myself, "Where do I go from here"? I have everything I need to fit any occasion. I'm continually working on the finer points like makeup, wig styling, female mannerisms, walking in heels, etc. I have a complete wardrobe and have experienced frustrations deciding what to wear for each occasion. I've dropped two dress sizes, but still wear a waist cincher or corset, with hip and butt enhancers.

I, like others, find that abstention from dressing for a period of time, for me, is a solution, but temporary. The urge always returns....always. Delaying the urge only intensifies my feelings and needs. When I return, I'm always happy I did. And the beat goes on.
    So, yes 💋💄👗👠 definitely will return.

Just to say upfront, I am not out of the closet. I have been aware of crystal for many years and to this wonderful community of souls.

It sounds like to me, you are at that point where most women get: This is the life they lead. You go everywhere as a woman that you are. It's not about the excitement of doing something new every time. It's just life. You can put together a new outfit, sure. And like you say, maybe do some things that our of your comfort zone. You have hit a place many here would all but kill for: Living as a woman in the real world and being 100% comfortable in their own skin.

I admire your courage and also your style! I looked over your Flickr. You have that rare smile of one who is truly happy. At least that is what I see. I wish I had that kind of courage.

You look fantastic. Love your style! Its ok to put it aside for a while. Even stop It is ok to do it less.

GOOD (sigh)

Well Paula:
    I'm pretty much where you are. Dressing in female clothing is just "putting on my regular clothes." Sometimes I think to myself, "Since wearing female clothing is just regular, why not just wear male clothing?" The thought makes me shudder.

I think that the reason I decided to present as female most of the time was never for the thrill or the excitement. I was just sick of wearing those weird (male) clothes all the time.

I dress as a woman most of the time. I dress as a man only when I need to. I have not reached the point where I do not want to dress as a woman so, I cannot really give you any advice. I suspect the desire will return.
    Hugs, Carole

Paula, I think you just need some good friends to hang out with when you are out presenting as a woman. That human interaction is what really brings your femme side to life. You may currently think getting all dressed up is not worth the trouble, but that will change when you least expect it.
    Phoebe

Hi Paula, You look beautiful and your idea of dressing age appropriate and your business suits is a great example of how I would like to look, if i could go out.

Paula, I've had several times in my life when the desire to dress as a woman has gone away. After purging several times and assuring myself that the desire was gone forever, the same need to dress again returned unexpectedly. I've resolved to never again purge my femme clothing and wait for the desire to return.

I've been there, there are times I don't dress for months and even the thought of dressing up feels tedious but usually the desire to dress starts coming back after a long hiatus

Dear Paula, no comment on the thread's main question, but I would like to express how amazed I am by all the images on your profile! So many classy looks and outfits - and all worn so comfortably! It's a first for me, to see such a breadth of experience & skill

It may or may not return. Every one is different.
    Jon