Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What was your one thing...

For me, it was heels. I was 9 the first time I put on a pair of heels that fit. To this day, I am a shoe horse. I love them. My shoes are the last thing I put on when dressing. It completes the outfit for me.

pantyhose, although I almost never wear them anymore.

For me it was pantyhose for some reason. That quickly led to other "girl" items. The rest is history. Pantyhose basically turned me into a girl.....
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Bras were my gateway. My first love.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Panties were the "gateway" garment for me, and I dare say it was for many CDs. I emphasize gateway. Yes, panties opened up the feelings, the possibilities, the first sense of the girl inside. And for most of my life, panties (or underdressing) remained my primary means of supporting my desire to wear women's clothing.

But the clincher for me was FIRST DRESS. The day I listened to that first little black dress calling my name from the clearance rack, was the day that changed everything. I'd been gradually and almost unconsciously undergoing a "feminization" of myself. I was wearing womens panties almost exclusively under male garb. I was growing out my hair; played with nail polish. Then one day it struck. The urge to buy a dress unto myself. It was impulsive.

When I took it home and donned it, even without a bra or padding or anything, I was sold. This was an expansion of my world that required exploring.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Sandra - New Dresser
    I don't know why, Ilene, but of all the stories you've told and of all the lovely comments I've seen you make on this board, that one brought me to tears. So many freedom songs in this thread, and I started it on a lark and to confess my obsession. I love you ladies!!!

-Sandra

When I was very young (maybe 7 or 8) it was a dress. However, the biggest thing was when I was about 14 and I tried on my sister's pantyhose. I had an immediate "reaction" and I have been hooked since.

Silver Member
    Hose and heels were my first interests (followed closely by floral skirts and dresses.)

Boobs and everything that goes with them... bras, smooth chest, cleavage... you name it... somewhat ironically not big boobs.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

panties bras and heels always wanted boobs big ones
    hugs
    Ronda

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Panties and hose ... they go hand in hand for me
    Fun loving skirt wearer

What was your one thing.......?

Curly from City Slickers wants to know.

my gateway items would have been when I was around 8 years old. I fell for a pair of girls sneakers, still do LOL. But more to the point of dressing were workout outfits in the early 80's, you know the ones we all saw on TV i.e. the 20 Minute Workout and Jane Fonda. But now the clincher for me was and still is jeans or anything else denim. I love the way they hug my legs and hang low on my hips and shape my butt. Now I feel a shopping trip coming on, maybe to American Eagle
    But really now I love it all!!!

Pantyhose for me. I was young. For the longest time it was all I would wear. Didnt wear any other items until my early 20s. To this day though a nice pair of hosiery is my fav thing to wear. I dont get dolled up without it!

pantyhose for me too. Still prefer them over thigh high's.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    My mom's dark red lipstick and one of her dresses. Enough said....

Ever since hitting puberty and taking interest in girls, I have always liked when they wore skirts and pantyhose or tights. Naturally, those were the first items in my exgirlfriend's wardrobe I asked if I could try on. They've become my go-to bottoms ever since

Definitely pantyhose for me. Hosiery was always something that got me, and why must be so far back I can't remember (and I've got a pretty good memory). Of course, wearing a slip over pantyhose was pretty spectacular, and still is.

Pantyhose was what got me started. I prefer stockings now though.

I started playing with my moms lingerie then my sisters panties and bra, but the thing that trigers me more was always how my butt looks with panties, with the arrival of thongs was the crown, men get crazy just watching my ass in thong...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

A girls swimsuit for me. Then it was my sisters' bras, panties and so forth.

For me everything about a woman. I grew up in an environment where the miniskirt was worn by all of the ladies. Legs, boobs and hair and the makeup was exotic back then. Mesmerizing. But the first thing, I bought was thigh highs yep my oh my they were so nice. Then panties and skirts then tops and shoes goodness gracious, yeah it is nice to be a girl.
    Part Time Girl

It was skirts. Loved wearing a mini skirt, but nowadays, pencil skirts have become my favorite piece of crossdressing.

Heels without a doubt were what broke down my barriers and released my feminine self, I've made a previous post about the discussion I had with my SO and then going off to buy some heels.
    The rest followed on from there over time, heels look better with a nice dress or skirt and they look better with makeup and nice hair..........
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

No question for me--it's bras with breastforms!