Thread: Packing for a trip. Then packing more?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Packing for a trip. Then packing more?

My stuggle with suitcases continues. I'm packing to spend about a week in Las Vegas for DLV and thought I had the packing thing figured out. I looked at my schedule and the weather and picked out my first choices for every day. Then I picked out some options that could be mixed and matched if there are changes to the schedule, weather or my attitude. I was done with a couple of days to spare. I was so pleased that I wouldn't be running in and out of the closet at the last minute throwing things in my bags and getting to my hotel room only to sit on the bed sobbing because there was nothing appropriate to wear.

Cool bit of planning. But for the last two days I've been looking at those closed suitcases and saying to myself, "Self, if you take this extra top or that skort and maybe one more dress, and oh this pair of shoes is so much better than the ones already at the bottom of the bag, and . . . " and on it goes.

Now I'm looking at one more large suitcase to carry along and a guarantee that I'll be sitting on the bed sobbing because I've got more than I would wear in a month and I can't decide between this black skirt and that one.

Who has been able to come up with a technique to pack reasonably and stick with it? What can I leave home? Go with the plan or stick with my heart?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    Sarah, it seems like you're Doing it...just keep sorting till you finally have to close the suitcases and head for the airport!

Been there, done that. The solution is the bell man. For $5 he will get all your luggage into your room.

take what you have packed and if you find you don't have the right thing go shopping and get what you need
    hugs
    Ronda

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm suffering the same now, Sarah! Only, I won't know what I'll actually pack until Monday morning!

I can't walk thru my bedroom without risking a sprained ankle, countertops, including sinks, filled in bathroom, and I have to clear off my bed every nite!
    I HATE this part of DLV!

Oh well. See u Monday!

Yeah, I do that now, Alice! I'm going to miss u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh, Sarah, you're such a...girl!

Solution, go for only 2 days???

Even for that short of time, I'll do my best to overpack.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sherry,

I'm going to also miss the time with you and Sara. Dispite my foot problems, gave it thought for this year, but Monday is my 25th anniversary and we are going on a 3 day photo trip. Have fun.

Always go with your heart.

You will do just fine! I (over)packed for my transformation! I unpacked and laid everything out on the spare bed that was in my room. I did not wear a lot of it! It was there just in case! Don't worry! Enjoy instead! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    Sarah;
    I would under pack; You want to leave room for all those nice things you will be buying in Vegas.
    You do not want to pay for over weight bags do you.
    Have Fun
    Rader

Just take everything,
    Lol,
    Just kidding

I don't think that I have ever not packed enough for a trip. I would just say go with your instincts. As others have said you can always go shopping in Vegas. God knows there are plenty of places to shop..hope to see you there. I'm in for Wednesday and Thursday! I've been obsessing over packing for weeks for just two days! I can certainly understand how you feel for a week!!

Lauren

its a problem. On the few occasions that I've been able to get out of town for a couple of days to 'girl it up', I've had the dilemma of what to bring and what to leave home. Every outfit I look at I think I might have occasion to wear even though I'm usually only going for two nights max. So it can be hard, but you gotta be merciless and I usually end up bring the most 'blendy' outfits and only one or two really nice dresses.

Plenty of shopping in Vegas these days so don't sweat it. If it turns out you didn't like what you packed, it's just an excuse to go shopping.