Thread: interviewing enfem?

interviewing enfem?

As I've been interviewimg for a better workplace as of late it got to wonderimg how.many of us have interviewed either underdressed, totally dressed or somewherw in between and how it went? Any good stories or ideas out there?

I have done an interview or two while wearing a bra.

Banned Read only
    I've never had a job interview where they asked to check my underwear. I think you'll be safe.

I had a few interviews that I intended to go to "underdressed", I wore pantyhose and panties. Just the thought(s) that I was fooling the interviewer with what I was wearing had me on "the edge". I wanted despartly to be there fully dressed and to get the job as a woman but that didn't happen.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Reality Check
    When I have interviewed for jobs or promotions, my entire focus was on getting that job or promotion. I always dressed as appropriate for the job and never wore a bra, pantyhose, etc.

While this is a dream of mine, to be able to wear a dress to an interview and be able to dress completely for work, it's an impossibility for me, at least in my current line of work, besides being able to focus on the task at hand without getting distracted by the lovely feeling of being a woman! My current line of work requires reflective safety stripes on my clothes, steel toe boys with a puncture proof steel plate and full steel shank, safety glasses, and a hard hat, not to mention we have a retired paramedic on standby, and as a safety coordinator. So, dream, ABSOLUTELY, possibility, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I've never had a job interview where they asked to check my underwear. I think you'll be safe.
    In my "interview" for the US Army they checked a lot more than that.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Not so much interviews but, I did pass three very demanding professional license tests while displaying very noticeable breasts. At that time it was kind of a good luck thing. I even aced one of the tests which was an all time first in that jurisdiction.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I can't quite see the point. If it's not a job you want much, go for it. If it's your career your looking at, put your best foot forward, and leave the bra at home.

I have done interviews being underdressed before. Only wished I could have been fully Amanda.
    Amanda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I did fill out an application at Cabela's in 50/50 mode or tweenie mode.
    I had an interview call and I was out shopping in girl mode that day so I stopped by for the interview.
    Having marked my application as transgender I figured why not go in girl mode?
    Waited in line for the interview and there were 6 of us waiting 3 boys 3 girls of which I was one so 4 guys 2 girls if you want to get technical.
    Waited for about 30 min after the interview and they picked one of the girls.
    We all said great job and good luck to her. She was really sweet and I'm glad she got the job.
    I'm still on the waiting list so presenting both ways to the same manager didn't seem to be a big problem.
    He did say when I gave him my application the first time we met that I was the first trans person he had met.
    He was cool about it.

Interesting - and encouraging.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-31-2016 at 01:48 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I did fill out an application at Cabela's in 50/50 mode or tweenie mode.
    I'm still on the waiting list so presenting both ways to the same manager didn't seem to be a big problem.
    He did say when I gave him my application the first time we met that I was the first trans person he had met.
    He was cool about it.
    I wish you the best of luck. However, you should know that Cabela's is currently being sued for transgender discrimination. I don't have all the facts, but an internet search can find the basic story of the case. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson and will be more trans-friendly, but it is also possible that they are just being more careful in how they discriminate...

What you wear under your clothes is no one else's business so do as you please in this regard. If you interview in more feminine clothes or fully dressed then the assumption is going to be you are planning to dress in a similar manner on the job. While many states and locales have laws protecting against transgender discrimination, being partially or fully dressed is going to significantly diminish your chances of getting hired. If you are willing to take on the challenge then go for it. Transitioning or transitioned MTF have one of the highest employment rates.