Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only CD who has never knowingly met with another?

I know this is about knowingly meeting another crossdresser, however, to provide a bit of support for our slice of normal, a different take on this..

Truth be told, if you are in a group of 100, there are likely between 2 and 5 of those present who are crossdressers. So... you likely have met many, know many, but don't know that part of their personality any more than they know this special part of you.

Lauren
    Last edited by Lauren Richards; 07-31-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Banned Read only
    Lauren,
    It's a point I've made many times but I was thinking of slightly different circumstances. If I was outed by someone in an awkward situation, it's one thing I may just point out , that in the group of people facing me at least one male will be thinking I hope they don't see my bra straps, or maybe wearing their wife's panties .

My theripest has a monthly support meeting at her office. usualy about 30 members show up.

There was a recent thread on this (see Jenniferathome, the first reply). Never knowingly met another CDer but would love to do so but would have to be in boy mode as I'm not willing to be out in the world. That could cause a lot of angst for people I really care about. Just to have the opportunity to talk with someone about what it is like to CD would be exciting for me. It is estimated that 1% of the population are CDers, transgendered etc so there are quite a few of us about.

Quote Originally Posted by irene9999 View Post
    I've just done it once, if you really want to meet to other CDs there's lots of ways of doing online nowadays and especially if you're willing to visit a larger city
    Lena and I live in one of the largest cities in the nation so I think we've got that covered.
    Funny thing about Lena's question is that she and I live in somewhat the same area of the city. For me though, being barricaded inside the closet and on a very predictable, very routine schedule, there would never be a time for me to meet another CD sister even if I grew the stones () to venture out dressed.

So to answer the question, (sigh) nope. I've never knowingly met a CD sister out and about in the big wide world. Side note... About a year or so before I ever considered dressing, I saw a sister at the museum of art. Tall girl... wearing heeled boots... not pulling it off AT all. But I thought to myself "dang girl! You go on and you do you." I still think about her and am jealous of her courage.
    Last edited by IamWren; 08-01-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    Georgia,
    To me the hardest part was getting to the point of meeting other CDers, meeting them isn't an anticlimax but you realise most of them are already in a comfort zone and they're not bubbling over with it, because most have accepted it for years. It is good to talk to TSs because they have no other choice, so hearing their stories is at times quite sobering. The excitement does come from putting you own outfit together, other CDers may not compliment on your look but the wives or partners often do , which I find very special.

The numbers under the TG umbrella is going to be interesting in 2021 because the UK is introducing a revised national census to include far more minority groups . The idea is to give more support and funding for the whole spectrum, I believe Australia has already done this, so it would be interesting to hear what changes take place.

Silver Member
    I actually did met with a wonderful 'lady' from this forum.She was pretty, but I was only underdressed. I will be a bit more femme when next we meet.

In Vegas you might see many others, but if you do try to introduce yourself if you get the chance to do so.
    Part Time Girl

I've never met IRL with a fellow traveler, but would like to some day. I'm thinking going to Esprit or SCC would be a step to stretch my comfort zone. I think I'd get a lot out of connecting face to face.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I fortunately have met another CDer in person when I was in a cover-band.
    It is so much fun hanging out in girl-mode!
    I hope to be doing it again soon when I take a job that keeps me home; I'll be the band's sound-gal and/or roadie/helper.
    But even if I'm not associated with the band, he totally doesn't mind me just hanging out; however, I desire to be a part of it.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

online is so difficult but may be big cities but for me to meet one is a dream

You know, we all need to get past this bit of fear.

You, I, We, need to open ourselves up to meeting and interacting that which looks like and is part of US.

It is *US*.

We *need* each other. We are all looking for that invisible support... that invisible wink that someone sees who we are and smiles.

I disagree with those that say if we see a member and our radar is triggered, that we should pretend that nothing happened. Something *DID* happen!! We saw one of US!!

We need validation, we need community, we need support!

Nothing wrong with that.

- Kitty / Moose
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have met a fellow (sisters) or local cd right here on this site. We arrange a drab meeting at a local Denny's or coffee shop. Some of our local sisters are on this site at times. I have met a lot at local support groups, who keep in touch online.

I have met a few local sisters while shopping at thrift stores. I see a guy shopping the bras or dresses.
    Usually I hold up a dress to myself and just say, "Would this look good on me?" Outing myself first. Sometimes it doesn't work and its uncomfortable at times. I am going to try to find a nearby coffee shop, in advance. So...I can buy the new "girl" a cup of coffee. Maybe carry a card or piece of paper with the website and local email addresses for myself and our local facilitator of the Grand Rapids support group--handout--just in case I meet another sister.

Hi Jenn!

That is why I do these drab dinners!

This isn't about presentation or passing, it is about acceptance. My particular trope, 'Earnest Borgnine in a sundress', (look it up, that is kind of an ugly picture) is kind of telling and kind of important. No matter how gruesome we are, we have the right to present and BE who we are. We have the right to feel pretty and be self-loving.

I'm beautiful and FRAK if you think different.

I'm a bull male who feels more comfy in a skirt than cargo shorts. I love camis. I'm NOT MALE, even though my genetics tell me otherwise.

Please, keep being out there, and set up events where our members can attend. Make it safe for shy people.

The 'drab dinner' thing has worked out pretty well for me so far.

<3

- Kitty / Moose
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

No, I've never met another CDer in person. No particular reason. In fact, I've never seen one either that I know of. But I take people at face value, so I could be surrounded by CDers without knowing it.

I have never met one either and travel several states.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahleeNH View Post
    I was in a similar position for nearly 60 years! And then, with reckless abandon, I bought a wig, makeup, purse, shoes, and drove fully dressed in a long gown to a huge cd event near Boston this past year. I talked with many at the event and was on cloud 9 (even though I felt almost shunned by a few, as I have a full beard). But I will never forget the feelings I felt, nor the kindnesses by so many who took the time to introduce themselves and take a few moments to socialize. It was awesome!
    I am a "man-in-a-skirt" and do not emulate women, and like you have a goatee & moustache and was warmly accepted an even befriended when I attended a local crossdresser group's meetings.Most of them were indistinguishable from women and I obviously a man. CD communities are very accommodating and understanding to the varieties that compose them.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by irene9999 View Post
    I've just done it once, if you really want to meet to other CDs there's lots of ways of doing online nowadays and especially if you're willing to visit a larger city
    Irene, since you are in Toronto you must have heard of Xpressions group? If not, PM me.
    See my reply to SarahleeNH.

I've met 20 of my friends from here IRL.

I've met probably 100 from my local meetup croup.

I've met hundreds at Keystone over the years.

I've even seen a few "in the wild", but I've never approached them.

It's really one of the best ways to "normalize" your CD experience.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

No, you are not. I haven't either. A young transwoman worked at a local drugstore and was transitioning while working there. By the time I had worked up the courage to approach her at the makeup counter for some tips, she had moved on.