Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only CD who has never knowingly met with another?

Am I the only CD who has never knowingly met with another?

My wife and I will be headed to Vegas tomorrow morning and I found myself to be giddy and excited because I am hoping to meet someone like me.

I've lived a sheltered life! I've never knowingly met another CD, TG or TS.

Hell, I'm not even sure what to say if I do met another.

Am I the only one that feels that way?

Banned Read only
    No. And you are not the only one to meet with other cross dressers. In fact, I just posted about it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-dresser-again!

Conversation topics are really no different than meeting any stranger except for the cross dressing.

I havent either, Lena
    But im hoping to because it will be fun to go shopping and do girly things together

Lena,
    You are not the only one! I would enjoy going out with another CD but not sure how to go about it since do not want to out them either!! Maybe our esteemed other members will inform us. Hugs Lana Mae

Gold Member
    I have met with another CDer, how ever we where both in DAB because we met at
    a different function where it would have been inappropriate to be dressed.
    I was under dressed at least.
    Rader

I would have to agree with Rader, i was too at the same type of event that i could not have dress, but undressed, i wish i could have worn a ball gown to the big event, but that was not in the picture this time, i hope your really have a great time, If your at the right place everyone will treat you like another girl, i learn that on my night out in Denver several years ago. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I have only met one other, and we both were in guy mode. I am a bit cautious about meeting other human beings, of any kind.

I have been conversing on messages with other CDs in my area, ( at least an 90 mile away on one and 40 or so away on the other), it's been tempting to meet and go get a cup of coffee. I think I would enjoy meeting and visiting in person, but then I think what would I talk about in person that w,e haven't visited about online.

Nope same here, although I did see one of the staff wearing a denim skirt at MEC the other day. Does that count?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met other CDers and a lot here have its not unusual.
    Just because you are going to Vegas doesn't mean you are going to meet any.
    Its pretty much like any other place as far as the general population goes.

I really find it weird because I've offended a lot of my "straight" friends by standing up for tg and ts even though I've never personally met the people I defend.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have too Lena but you know what? You did the right thing we all need to help each other.
    I have friends that make fun of anything LGBT and crack stupid jokes and I let them know hey thats not cool they aren't bothering you leave them alone.
    I might piss them off for a little while but they get over it.

I have never meet with a fellow crossdresser. I have always thought it would be nice to do this however and to be able to talk about the same issues as what I am going through.
    Amanda

Banned Read only
    Lena,
    Before January this year I had never met another dressed, can you imagine walking into a hotel with forty plus Cders for the first time, I was wearing a full length ballgown, the only one I knew was Carole who found me on this forum and suggested I came along, it's the best thing I ever did , now once a month isn't enough.

Virginia-Mae,
    I do have a problem with that comment, meeting as a group is fine but meeting another dressed one to one is something else. I have to get over it, but if people think we're gay I will struggle with that one.
    It's a point I was hoping Jenn may answer, how does she deal with that situation ?

Well I've been Gail for lots of years and I can honestly say no your not the only one I can count on one hand any other cd I've met knowingly. Probably loads I don't know

Let's face it. We are really few and far between. I've never met another CD'er in person although I have PM'ed a couple who are reasonably local to me and tried to arrange a meeting. We both would have been in drab though. Things just did not work out with schedules. Maybe someday but I'm not interested in pushing the issue and I certainly am not interested in anything other than conversation and camaraderie about our shared interests.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

Virginia-Mae,
    I do have a problem with that comment, meeting as a group is fine but meeting another dressed one to one is something else. I have to get over it, but if people think we're gay I will struggle with that one.
    It's a point I was hoping Jenn may answer, how does she deal with that situation ?
    Teresa, I prefer one to one vs groups. I think some like groups for the "strength in numbers" support and anonymity. When I'm out, I will have face to face interactions with the normals so I'm not concerned with either of the preceding. I see meeting another individual in girl mode as no different than in boy mode. I'm meeting a person. Maybe we'll hang out, maybe not. Do people think I'm gay? Maybe. I just don't care. Whether alone or in a group, that is one likely thought passers by might have but how does it affect me? It doesn't. You have been out now several times. In all likelihood, the majority of shop keepers and people on the street probably thought you are gay man. Did it adversely affect your time out? I think not.

In the end, we can not control what people think of us but we can present a good person to the public and let them decide based on that interaction.

I was in a similar position for nearly 60 years! And then, with reckless abandon, I bought a wig, makeup, purse, shoes, and drove fully dressed in a long gown to a huge cd event near Boston this past year. I talked with many at the event and was on cloud 9 (even though I felt almost shunned by a few, as I have a full beard). But I will never forget the feelings I felt, nor the kindnesses by so many who took the time to introduce themselves and take a few moments to socialize. It was awesome!

Banned Read only
    Jenn,
    I've been meaning to ask you the question for some time and I know your absolutely right it's just me that has a problem with it. I must admit I never gave it a thought that the SAs would think I'm gay because of the items I'm buying, maybe they don't connect as much a we think they do. I don't have a problem with people knowing I'm a Cder but thinking I'm gay is a different matter, I guess it's because I'm bi-gender and can't relate to a male relationship.

I probably do come over as a good person but with a great sense of humour, if you treat people in that way most will respond accordingly

Nope. I had set up 'drab dinners' more than once. Showing up 'en-yourself' is not discouraged.

The next one will be in central MA in mid-august. If you are a "Neworthernah", please come by!

I have also 'deliberately' gone to events sponsored by Glamour Boutique in Auburn, MA.

These events were 'yuuge'. Over a hundred attending. Lots of pretty examples, and then there was me }:>
    Last edited by mechamoose; 07-31-2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typos
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Lena I believe that most of visitors/members haven't met in social circumstances another 'like' & if so wouldn't be prepared to out or acknowledge their own similarities. (It's all to do with societies view of how we are portrayed by norms)(and ourselfs)
    I haven't met another like myself, I hardly know what myself is(I am learning) as to the idea of having a physical person in my presence for the discussion of crossdressing it excites and terrifies me. Good luck with your journey and I wish you strength when you get your wish.
    Gina

Meeting others comes down to desire and opportunity. If the desire is strong enough, you'll find opportunities.

I'm lucky to have had opportunities in my region. Yet it was only a few years ago when I started meeting others. I attribute it all to networking on this website.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Lena, I have never knowingly met another CD etc. either. Some day I am going to work up the courage to join a support group.🌺

I've just done it once, if you really want to meet to other CDs there's lots of ways of doing online nowadays and especially if you're willing to visit a larger city

I have met quite a few in my traveling around, but Christinac was the only one I was a BFF with in life. All the others were basically acquaintances and really didn't know them very well.