Thread: Halloween party and i want to do what?

Halloween party and i want to do what?

Every year we go to a neighbors Halloween party. this yer i want so much to dress UP. The problem is my wife knows about my dressing and is DADT, all right with it. How do i convince her to let me dress up? I have been thinking of arguments to support my desire, but as of yet not enough nerve to ask her. I know she will probably be against the idea, but i do so want to go all dressed up 100%. Suggestions?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Ask she may say yes.
    Angie

This may be more difficult to make happen than just asking but for me, our party host literally suggested to me that I should go as a bride. How could I say no? The host was not aware and does not know that I crossdress. However, I may have planted the idea by hinting I had a bet with someone that if I lost I would wear a wedding dress one night out in Las Vegas. True story, I had the bet but I knew I was going to win, so no dress in Las Vegas. Since that didn't happen and the party host knew about it, that may be why she suggested it.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.
    Rebecca Bas

Here's one approach. Rather than dress up as "a woman", dress up as a character who is a woman, like Wonder Woman, Miss Kitty, a Geisha, Jessica Rabbit (I wish!), etc. or a woman celebrity, like Marilyn Monroe, etc. Might be an easier sell.

I second the idea of going as a particular woman instead of a generic woman. Still as much fun, but more cover if that's what you need. You could even suggest a couples costume for your wife -- very popular at Halloween: she's the gangster, you're the moll, she's the doctor you're the nurse, she's batman you're catwoman, etc.

I have to agree with the other ladies, you need to go out as some type of super or movie or tv style girl, not just as a woman, unless you are going out as a date couple which my SO and i did one year, but it still get you looks like could he be really. Just a thought. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

How about Hillary Clinton, just bye a mask of her to cover your made-up face and a name tag for when your not masked? It's current and total female, your wife can be a secret service man with ear piece and dark glasses for effect.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    I agree that it could be easier to suggest and get approval if it is a specific woman. female character TV or Movie....Is there a show you and she enjoy together that have good male and female leads? Super Heroes can be fun. I have been Wonder Woman. Also couples in the news for good reasons or maybe Olympic event that are both for men and women? Occupations, waitress/chef.....
    Only you know her so trust your judgement in the end. Would suggesting she go as a guy first make it more likely she would have you go as her female counterpart? JMHO

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Fogeddaboutit! One of the main reasons relatives don't like our dressing is that they worry about what others will think!

Find a party at club nearby and dress up any way u like. A simple eye mask should hide your identity. Go out on Halloween dressed is easy that way. Leave the wife at home and u will both enjoy it more.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    Is this a new record for the earliest Halloween dressing question?

The problem with a crossdresser dressing as a woman for Halloween is that we tend to do too good of a job. The average non-crossdressing male does not own a #300 pair of silicone breast forms, a $200 pair of padded panties, a $100 wig and a $50 pair of heels. He also does not know how to apply makeup and how to walk and sit like a woman.

People will quickly realize that this isn't the first time you've dressed as a woman.

If you can find a party far from home where nobody knows you or your wife, that would be fine. Don't go to a neighbor or friends party unless you want the world to know you are a crossdresser.

Correctamundo! The key here is to not look "too good".

Shely,
    It is often said that the answer is in the question...

You have "been thinking of arguments" to support your desire. Thinking of arguments will result in arguments. Neither of you will be happy with the outcome.

May I suggest an alternative approach?

Think of her. What does she want? How can you be open with her about your thoughts without being demanding, and presenting "arguments"? Can you share your thoughts in a positive way, allowing her the room for her concerns to be expressed and supported by you? Focus on listening more than talking. Supporting her, and understanding her, is the only way to have a long-term positive outcome. You want to be a woman? Then start with how you would like to be treated, as a woman.

Halloween is one day. How do you want to spend the other 364?

Food for thought. Chew on it. Spit it out or digest. Your choice. It is always your choice. Wishing you both the very best... Halloween and beyond..

Lauren

How about suggesting that you and your wife go as pimp and ho? She be the pimp, you the ho.

I would ask her her and even ask if she would like to help you sometimes the ladies wodl think its a challenge as to see if they could help you pass, I had the pleasure after my Daughters assistance , that was because my wife had Passed and when I came out to her and explained that this just did not happen its been since I was a Kid. She asked me all the questions and then aftr that she asked if I ever needed help she would help me , so I took her up on that and when I went to a Halloween party Dressed as me Joann she was proud of herself because no one knew who I was and she was tickled pink that she help me pull it off . We laughed all night and my female friends at the party had a blast and commented on my dressing up. I actually got a feww dates with some of the singles there and they also wanted to go out with me because of that. Ask her and see the most she can say is no and if she does agree let her help you. Joann0830