Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going out in the UK

Hi,
    I was in town recently when there was a Pride event. I am sure I saw several young crossdressers just walking around town without attracting attention and I wished I was younger and growing up in these more trans-friendly times!
    luv J

Check this out.... http://www.clareproject.org.uk/ . They meet one afternoon a week and often go from there to a local pub for the evening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi I'm from the UK. I go out a heck of a lot these days and I really don't have any issues really. It's all about confidence and when you are out and about to just act as if it's 100% normal and you will be perceived as a normal woman going about her business. The one thing that gets us made the most is body language I have found as nervousness attracts attention. This is all easy to say, but at the start of me going out I was a bag of nerves!! it gets easier eventually, just takes time.

I started out by going out driving which is a safe environment and then walking around places like the Cemetery which is quiet and then moved onto a walk around the park. Now I go shopping a lot to supermarkets & clothes stores and I was even out with the girls last friday night!

Just think about where you are going and think, would a GG go there? try to avoid teens and groups of men with thier mates as they will out you if you give yourself away. Always dress appropriately for the situation too. Look at what real women are wearing and copy them.

You could always try a Cd/Trans friendly night out or event. I'm not sure where you are, but have you heard of Leeds First Friday? have a look online, I go there with the girls and its very accepting and a fun place to go out and I spoke to a lot of girls out for their first time.

Hope this helps.

OMG

I am from the states, however have been out and about in UK several time OMG SO safe and accepting, to me it seems the Brits see it as part of everyday life where here in the states you can be judged

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    Very often people think of Brits with their stiff upper lip most of the time we just laugh at ourselves, on the whole we are accepting . It is something that has surprised me, many of us think the US is the land of the free anything goes but you do appear to have more problems with acceptance than the UK. We all have no go areas and still need to be cautious we are vulnerable when dressed .