Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Was that guy hitting on me? Can't be

Banned Read only
    Char, what kind of bar were you in? Mainstream? Gay?

Your comment,"...said that he was just a dirty, old man (I agree). Those type of men seem to think that if another man is in a dress, they are fair game for a funky time." can kind of make sense if the perv was of a certain generation. The default thinking of an older generation is that cross dressers ARE looking for gay hookups.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    My husband and I were at a club and some dude started rubbing on my CD'ed husband's leg - trying to be real coy about it. He didn't realize that I was the wife. Anyway, my husband backed off and I just considered the dude a pervert. Pervert continued to try to talk to my husband. Husband then introduced me to the pervert and the guy apologized and said that he was just a dirty, old man (I agree). Those type of men seem to think that if another man is in a dress, they are fair game for a funky time.
    Many years ago, when my SO was just beginning to go out in public, we used to seek safe places to dress. These tended to be LGBT bars and the occasional bar that was known to be a T-hangout, with plenty of trans-admirers present. Our experience in these latter bars mirrored yours, Char. One guy sent my SO a napkin with a proposition on it! My SO was floored and I was amused. I don't know that I'd call him a pervert though. He was just a man who was into other men who present as women. But the lack of consideration for the GG partner is astounding. I can only guess that (some) trans-admirers take it that if a T-individual is out in their bar, it is because they want sex and the only reason a GG might be there is as a bystander? I also got the impression that to these trans-admirers, any T-individual was fair game, accompanied or not.

Edit -
    And to Jen's point, this was indeed an older guy.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-08-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    Reine

If anybody (crossdresser, full time, TS) sits long enough they will get hit on. Comes with the territory. Guys think a crossdresser is their way to gay sex without ever admitting it's gay sex.

Aspiring Member
    OK, here's my contribution: he was a trans-ally. He probably went out of his way to show you (and his friends) that he accepts you. Touching you (though it may have been over the top in this case) could have been his way of underscoring the personal connection. Ultimately, if you were not threatened, then it was a good if not odd exchange.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Oh and Jen, Welcome to cougarhood!
    Yes Jennifer....I think he was interested and do think younger people are more accepting. But you would be surprised (maybe not) how many guys are into us.

Hell-o Jen,
    Sorry I couldn't have been there to witness this all.
    That wine bar certainly doesn't seem to be much of a
    "pick up" joint, but hey! getting hit on does happen!
    Maybe we'll have to go back looking for this guy and
    simply ask him what his intentions were???
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Char, what kind of bar were you in? Mainstream? Gay?
    Jennifer, we were at a gay bar.

Funny thing is, my husband has only been hit on at two different gay bars. Lately, we have been going to mainstream clubs. There are lots of women that like to talk, get their pictures taken with the CD group, but there has been nothing that resembles being "hit on" at the mainstream places. The CD group seems to prefer the mainstream clubs now.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-09-2016 at 04:48 PM.