Thread: It's a bit early, but looking for ideas for Halloween

Aspiring Member

It's a bit early, but looking for ideas for Halloween

Hey everyone. I know Halloween is a ways off, but I'm looking to get started on my costume early this year. I'm trying to come up with a good costume idea that I can incorporate a pair of red thigh-high boots into (recently got a pair of Pleaser Seduce 3010 - that's a whole other story). Now to make it a bit more complex, I try to have some type of theme or purpose in my costumes. Just randomly going as some cliche costume that a cis female would wear for Halloween. For example some of my past costumes have included a full-blown drag queen costume, going as Freddie Mercury in the "Wanna Break Free" video, etc. I thought about Pretty Woman (Julia Roberts) but hers were black so might not be the best way to get the point across. Anyone got ideas of a celebrity known for wearing red boots like that or a costume that just "needs" red thigh-high boots?

Silver Member
    Cast member of Kinky Boots.

Or a hooker in general.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Cast member of Kinky Boots.
    Going as Lola is definitely one I have on my list. Different story, won't get into it here, but that show is why I ended up with these boots.

She devil? Lean Rhymes, singing red high heels?
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

super girl is always an option

Cruella de Ville?

Red heels, black fishnets & garter belt, bright red lips, heavy mascara, lots of cleavage....

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valerie anne View Post
    Cruella de Ville?

Red heels, black fishnets & garter belt, bright red lips, heavy mascara, lots of cleavage....
    You know, it wouldn't be true to her look in the movies, but it might be fun to pull that off with the thigh boots. Keep 'em coming if you got other thoughts ladies, these ideas are giving me some good inspiration!!

R2D2 in shiny boots.

A bullet bra?

I've got one, which I bought as an experiment, but I couldn't wear it all evening. Little support, very tight band and straps which don't stay in place.

super girl, power girl, wonder woman, lots of comic characters have red boots.
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

As a kid, Holloween was my favorite time. I did some vandalism, though. I do not celebrate it now, but it is a fairly safe time for a CD to go out in public, for a few days.

Doesn't Superman wear red boots, How about him in DRAG with nice boobs, lipstick and long hair?

If you had one red one and one black one you could do Harley Quinn

> It must be a real thrill to Crossplay and truly not give a ---- about the world or their judgement. But crossplaying would mean going 100% femme, As a "cd only" i am excluded from this excitement =( Plus i am still fairly closeted and unsure... Guess i will eat lots of icecream on Halloween and have myself a good sulk.

To me thigh-high boots immediately says Three Musketeers costume. (I know, right? That's so sad. I should be thinking dominatrix but instead I go Dumas.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayna View Post
    If you had one red one and one black one you could do Harley Quinn
    Yeah to do that I'd have to buy another pair of boots, and that would be just awful (LOL - End Sarcasm Here).

I LOVE this idea. With the movie coming out I'm expecting there to be quite a few of these out there, but adding the CD twist to it would make it unique.

All these ideas are awesome ladies, thanks so much for all the inspiration so far!!

I'd totally go with Little Red Riding Hood, the costume concept is easily personalised.

88 days seems "right around the corner" to me. Google "red thigh high boots costume" and click on images tab. Lots of good ideas: JLo, Beyonce, Rhianna all rock in red thigh highs and well as many traditional costume ideas.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 08-04-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Nancy Sinatra, "These boots are made for walking" 1966
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

This may be too silly but red shoes always make me think of Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. You could really put your own spin on it and the theme could be "Somewhere Way Over The Top of the Rainbow"

But I like a previous suggestion of Red Riding Hood the best honestly. And they just released the Wonder Woman trailer as someone else mentioned that would be a good option as well.

How about a sexy pirate queen. I've always wanted to do that myself. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I love my dirndl costume...but not sure if it would work well w/ red thigh-high boots; probably could work with brown or black boots perhaps...here' my pic wearing my dirndl while getting ready to go out one Halloween. Another option would be as Jessica Rabbit...google Heidi Klum and jessica rabbit...you'll be so impressed with her transformation...unbelievable!

http://imgur.com/Xv7q8Hh
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg