Thread: Who is that in the shop window?

Who is that in the shop window?

I had a wake up call about 4 months ago when I passed by a shop window and had to go back and have a look to see who it was. SHOCK!!!! It was me, well overweight.

I made a decision that this was time to change my eating habits and get some excercise, not for dressing purposes, not to please others but for me. In the last 4 months I have lost over 20lbs. Dropped from a 38" waist to a 34", from XXL to L in t-shirts and tops. Veru proud of myself.

What has really surprised me though and got my confidence back is how good I look dressed although as stated this was not why i lost weight. I am now down from a size 18/20 to size a 14 in womans clothes.

New avatar coming soon.

I certainly feel a lot better in general about the way I look and feel a lot healthier. The reason I have posted this is not a look how good I am but to say, if I can do it so can anyone else but importantly do it for you and not for anyone else.

Luv

Vicky

Banned Read only
    Vicky congrats on the will power, don't let it come back. I had a similar experience looking at the reflection in store front windows, looking back at me was a very curvy feminine woman in sweater, straight skirt and pumps. Talk about pumping your ego, really made me feel good inside; never felt like that as a guy. It put a little more sway in my walk.

Reality Check
    For most of us, gaining weight as we age is natural. It takes some effort to lose this weight and keep it off. Good luck and best wishes.

Congratulations Vicky,

Having been a short fat kid growing up I understand exactly what you mean.

Stay the course, it requires constant commitment to maintain the look "we" want but it's always worth it in the end.

OK, I do stray occasionally (Dunkin Donuts calling...) but just don't make it a habit.

Good for you, Vicky! I have vowed to get started shaping up, and your post just got me closer to begin. Next Monday it is!
    Di

Banned Read only
    Vicky,
    Window shopping did you a big favour, well done for seeing it through . It does feel great to know you can go and get clothes off the rack and it will fit, I'm a size 12 and love it, but we all know some manufacturers are naughty with their sizing, it's something we're not use to when buying male clothes. I have a silk size 10 Winsmore blouse to most it would be a 12/14 , I have just bought a French size 14 dress and it's tight.

Well done on weight loss

Good for you!!! Right attitude means a lot!!! (Doing it for you!!) Hugs Lana Mae

Good deal Vicky.
    I have always been a ......husky person. But lately, it seems that I am just FAT!
    It is mainly my mid-section.
    I have really been trying to loose some weight, which was not really hard to do in the past. It seems to be an impossible task at this point in my life.
    My health, which includes Diabetes, has me taking a good bit of meds and the doctor said it will make it hard to loose weight.
    I will keep on trying. I just hope I can get some of the belly gone.
    Again, great job on the loss. Keep up the good work.

Vicky, sounds great. I'm trying as well, with a little success, but not as much as you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Vicky! Just remember, losing weight is one thing, keeping it off, another!

Everyone's motivation to lose weight should be your health and how much happier and active u feel. Not your image in the mirror. That's just a pleasant side effect!

By the way, I don't trust my look in my mirror. I always think I look great! Until I look at the photos and suddenly see all unflattering mistakes I made!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    One is never too old to lose weight. As the body ages there will be changes to the amount of calories that are needed to function. Unfortunately, it becomes an issue of will power. Congratulations on losing the weight. Men have a problem with visceral fat around the tummy which will strangle the organs. If wanting to look great in a pretty dress is the motivation necessary for having a nice trim body go for it. Most of the women I know who are serious about losing weight have their eyes on zipping themselves into a smaller size dress.

Hi Vicky,

Congrats on the weight loss, I know how hard it can be. My wake up call came in the form of an abnormal stress test and stents, so aside from all of the other benefits, your heart will thank you. Way to go girl!

Elizabeth

Congratulations Vicky, You have made great progress, and hope to see some new pics soon. Have to show off that new size 14. I can only wish I could make a size 14. Good job. Brenda

Hi, Vicky.
    That is awesome!! Congrats on losing all that weight.
    Stay inspired
    Amy