Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you want to travel with your girl but you're worried about the TSA?

Banned Read only

So you want to travel with your girl but you're worried about the TSA?

Well kids, I am here to inform you that the TSA just does't care about cross dressers.

I have just come home from yet another business trip where I packed for "Jennifer" and I and as always, no issues. The ONLY thing the TSA may review from an x-ray of your bag is your silicon breast forms. The silicon appears as a solid mass and depending on how it is packed, an agent may need to open your bag. When I pack my forms, I 1) put them on top so that any agent doesn't have to dig and 2) separate them and position them so they "look like" breast forms to the x-ray agent. This prevents the need to open the bag. High heels, makeup, wigs, none of that matters nor is even a blip on their radar. Women do travel too, after all.

You are not the first cross dresser going through an airport and you will not be the last. Pack your carry on with confidence and sally forth

Good advice. I have traveled with my forms in my carry on bag. I keep them in my pocket bra and position them to be safe from any sharp or heavy objects in the bag. A special backpack or bag for the forms and girly stuff is also useful. If anything needs further examination, you can request it to be done in private.
    If you prefer to check the bag, box the forms in the original boxes and maybe consider marking the suitcase as fragile.

So the 100 ml (max.) rule for liquids, gels etc. in carry-on baggage doesn't apply to breast forms, and no TSA agent would be suspicious that they might be a form of plastique explosive? Hmmm...

Banned Read only
    Leslie, silicon is not a gel nor a liquid, it's a solid. It appears differently on the x-ray than a gel. BUT, as solid mass, it is possible that some TSA agent wants to see that it is NOT C4, for example, but I will assume that there is a significant difference on the x-ray as well given that I have not been stopped or checked in ages.

Banned Read only
    Jenn,
    I apologise for my sense of humour but if they do confiscate your forms the headlines could read more forms were disposed of in a controlled explosion , could all airlines please inform the TG community they are a banned substance anything larger than a C cup will be disposed of in this way !

The moral of the story is don't be greedy small is beautiful !

I apologise again Jenn but I now have the vision of a guy in a special uniform , with a case full of forms going to a disposal area with lights flashing warning of hazardous material !

Silver Member
    Ok,

So this topic has come up Many times. And I always wonder:

1 - do you put your liquid makeup in a ziplock bag and pull it out to pass through? ( I break this rule all the time with my shampoo. Just a P.I.T.A. rule anyway)
    2 - If you do a tape facelift, how do you transport denatured alcohol? (It's the only way I can get the tape to hold more than a half hour. Isopropyl isn't good enough)
    3 - How much luggage do you take? Packing for two people, especially with upper and lower padding take a LOT of room!

Other than that, I guess the TSA issue is not too trying EXCEPT if some yahoo decides to take his sweet time and you are in a rush. Or if you are travelling with coworkers. Which I DO run into even if they are traveling elsewhere.

Forget the fear factor, what about schlepping around an extra 30 pounds of stuff? But the Denatured alcohol is a real problem.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 08-04-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Banned Read only
    Meghan, all liquids/gels fall under the 3 oz rule for TSA. 3 oz. is allowed AND it has to be in a 3oz container! I have seen TSA people throwout a large bottle with clearly less than an ounce of liquid. How hard an fast that is, is hard to know. Take out your liquids before going through the x-ray. The TSA agent doesn't see "liquid foundation" they see a black/white image of some allowable liquid volume.

Now, your comment about dragging around a large bag... yes, packing for two is heavier BUT, if you are not flying direct, baggage loss can be an issue and can screw up plans.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...g/liquids-rule
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 08-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Silver Member
    Denatured alcohol is highly flamable. Also used as stove fluid. It should be totally restricted like butane or propane.

Like many of you I have been doing this a while. I remember shortly after 9/11 and before they started x rating bags they used to open them. In the city where I was living at the time they didn't have read I'm behind the counters so they used to open them in the main ticket area. That's when I learned about eagle creek packing bags. Especially for my wigs and lingerie. Never knew what neighbor would be in line behind me. Had to dress though and loved those hotel rooms during business travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    So the 100 ml (max.) rule for liquids, gels etc. in carry-on baggage doesn't apply to breast forms, and no TSA agent would be suspicious that they might be a form of plastique explosive? Hmmm...

They are considered prosthetic
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Leslie, silicon is not a gel nor a liquid, it's a solid. ...
    True. Silicon is a solid. In fact, it's as hard as a rock and as brittle as glass. But unless you work with microchips, you've probably never encountered silicon. The silicone in your breastforms is a gel.

Banned Read only
    Spell check gets me every time BUT silicone, in forms is a solid. It's shape can not be changed. It can not be spread. To the TSA, this is a solid. Hence you can carry any amount of ounces the ought the check point.

A 3 ounce breast form would be kind of pointless

"A 3 ounce breast form would be kind of pointless"

Ummm... actually, that would be the point..

Rather than isopropyl alcohol, I use witch hazel with my facelift taping. But, I don't know if it's flammable or not...I hate reading labels!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Richards View Post
    "A 3 ounce breast form would be kind of pointless"

Ummm... actually, that would be the point..
    Ba-Da Bum!

Spell check gets me every time BUT silicone, in forms is a solid. It's shape can not be changed. It can not be spread. To the TSA, this is a solid. Hence you can carry any amount of ounces the ought the check point.
    More than that, it's a medical prosthesis so, again, no limits. But if you're worried, you can always wear them through the checkpoint.

Edit: Oops. Should have read further back, Lorileigh already said the same thing (without the snakiness.)
    Last edited by Pat; 08-04-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

A 3 ounce breast form would be kind of pointless
    Not to belabor the point needlessly, but the breast forms which I purchased from The Breastform Store some years ago and wear on a regular basis are actually semi-solid, quite pliable, and encased in a flexible polyethylene outer cover. They can easily go out of shape if squeezed hard the wrong way, as I have found out to my chagrin on a number of occasions when trying to wriggle into a dress that was actually too tight for me (we can all dream, can't we? ). But I also have several sets of inexpensive Walmart quality breast forms in various sizes as back-ups and for the occasional bit of goofing around when I want to "go big or go home" , and these are solid lumps of the type you describe. Wouldn't surprise me if a TSA agent DID mistake my regular ones for C4 or the like, with the nipples potentially being seen as the detonators...

And Cynthia, as for the thought that most folks might be unfamiliar with silicon...they actually encounter it on a daily basis in the form of silica, which is the oxide version. It is a major component of plain old sand and dirt. Common as sand on a beach as the saying goes, and about half of the earth's crust is composed of it...

So stupid question,

if if you are passing through TSA you must pack your forms through security and you can't and shouldn't wear them?

I have done this several times and a few times they needed to look. To be honest, who cares? They find all kinds of crazy stuff, my boobs and wig aren't that big a deal. Maybe , put a dressed pic of yourself in your bag
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by GretchenJ View Post
    So stupid question,

if if you are passing through TSA you must pack your forms through security and you can't and shouldn't wear them?
    Gretchen, you can do either, pack or wear them. How likely are to you get searched if you wear them? I have no idea.

Fascinating...when I "pack for two" my lovely silicone breastforms don't make the trip, cotton works okay for a gal on the road

It's all just security theater for the ignorant masses. The TSA testers always get through with their fake bombs and guns! The TSA is not keeping you any safer, despite all the hoops they make you jump through!
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/politi...reening-tests/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    I have done this several times and a few times they needed to look. To be honest, who cares? They find all kinds of crazy stuff, my boobs and wig aren't that big a deal. ...

The winner!

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    It's all just security theater for the ignorant masses.
    Doesn't matter if it is or isn't. You have to go through it.

if you are passing through TSA you must pack your forms through security and you can't and shouldn't wear them?
    Maybe this will help:
    http://www.amoena.com/uk-en/your-lif...e-breast-form/
    and
    http://www.transequality.org/know-yo...rport-security

Note they specifically address the exemption from 3-1-1 rules.
    Last edited by Pat; 08-04-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    You will be searched if you wear your forms through millimeter wave screening. Trans guys are routinely stopped and checked if they wear packers through screening, too. For that matter. The screening algorithms don't like the look of my vagina, and flag me for pat down every trip through the airport. It is humiliating.