Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!! Totally Marina for 5 days!!

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar

Red face I did it!! Totally Marina for 5 days!!

I had planned to have several days as Marina, but I wanted to be feminine the entire time. To make sure I didn't chicken out, I had decided to do a few things to leave me no choice but stay as Marina for days at a time. My kids being older, and my wife out of the country with a small group of friends, I had the opportunity to be alone at home for a week last month. My wife left on a Wednesday, and I was to meet her at the cottage the following Tuesday. I had unavoidable business in town on the Thursday, so my not going on the trip with her was natural. She knows about my dressing, for several years, but it's more of a DADT thing.

I wanted to get a full set of acrylic nails done on the first evening, and get a full set of glued on eyelash extensions, as well. Those would cost me a small investment, and would take hours to remove. I wouldn't remove them easily. There would be no way I could leave the house without being totally en femme to explain my nails, and no way I could even hang around inside, without constantly seeing my nails, or feeling my eyelashes. Here's how it went:

Wednesday night: My wife had left with her friends. After work, I went to a local beauty supply store and told the sales staff I had been given a list of things by my daughter at camp;did she have artificial toenails, and a brunette clip-on pony tail? yes, she did. I went home and applied the pink, french manicure toenails with superglue. WOW!!! My toes looked really girly! I had never though of wearing peep-toe shoes, or sandals because my guy-mode toenails are awful. But the pink, understated nails made my foot look smooth and dainty. I HIGHLY recommend trying them. Went home, and prepared for the next day. I had called DREAM TIPS AND BEAUTY in Toronto, and said I was a CD wanting a full set of acrylic nails, and permanent eyelash extensions, and could they accommodate? Yes, they could. I called and re-confirmed my reservation for 6:30 Thursday. Tried on some outfits that night - the problem was the unbelievable heat. My legs are relatively hairless, but not enough for shorts or a skirt, and my wife does not favour my shaving them. So how to be at least marginally passable at 32 degrees (90) in pants? I decided on white Old Navy super skinny jeans, underneath I wore my Dresstech hip pads, and butt pads. I wore a pair of sheer hose underneath, with the feet cut off, to hold the pads in place. No panty-lines, amazing full hips, very feminine. My waist is not thin, and no way I could wear a corset in such heat, so I went with the untucked T-shirt, in a mid-tone oatmeal. It draped well over my breasts, revealed a bit of cleavage, but hid my masculine midsection. Perfect! A simple Roots over shoulder bag, and a pair of white Keds, and I was ready. Slept in my breast forms and a sheer nightie, and must have looked at my perfect, girlie toes a million times.

THURSDAY: Went to the meeting underdressed - just panties, but also tucked, so I would be peeing sitting down for the next few days. Finished the meeting, and went out to the car to get out of my guy clothes, and get pretty. I stripped down in the backseat, and with some difficulty, arranged my Dresstech hip pads, snugged up my jeans, and put on my bra, and T-shirt. I checked my handbag for makeup essentials, money, etc., and then applied a light foundation, powder, lip liner and a pale, coral lipstick. Nothing outlandish, totally under the radar. With a half hour to go, I left the car (like getting out of a spaceship! - first few steps I'm expecting to be clocked - but people are hot, and on their way somewhere). I swished up Yonge street, past the beauty Salon. Full of women. Darn, I had hoped for a bit more privacy. I practiced my femme-voice as I walked up the street. Not high, but clear and thinner, slow and well-enunciated. I had gotten not bad at simple things like "Hi, I'm Marina", "No, thanks", etc. I walked into a Payless store, and tried on sandals, showing my toenails to the several women also there in the aisle. No reaction - even when we're a foot away, and I say "Sorry" as we almost bump. My toes look AMAZING in a pair of espadrilles !

I head to the Beauty Shop and pause, before barging in. All Asian staff, with a thick accent, and so I have to say "I'm Marina - I have a 6:30 appointment" about 3 times. Then I have to say that I'm here for a full set of nails, and permanent eyelash extensions. If anyone has clocked me, I guess I'm looking a bit ridiculous. But no one lifts a head as I walk to the back of the shop and follow a young girl upstairs. I have to wait while she finished someone else lashes in the next, open adjoining room. I wait, and I start to seriously sweat. I fan my cleavage, cautiously wipe under my wig. Damn light coloured T-shirts! Eventually I cool down. She comes in and I'm asked to remove my shoes and lie face up on the padded table. OOOooh! She and I can see my toes! The eyelash extensions are individual mink hairs, and you can choose something like 70, 150, or 200 individual lashes glued per eye. You can also choose a lash length (12, 13, 15) and you can pay a bit more for lashes with a pronounced curl. I chose 150 lashes per eye, mid length, no curl. She placed some tape below each eye, had me close both eyes and keep them shut. Then, for about 30 minutes, she glued lashes one-by-one using superglue. I had read that normally, these lashes fall out as the natural lashes fall out, and need a touch-up every 3 weeks or so. I was getting a full set, and they would be staying on until I carefully and laboriously removed them several days from now. After the lashes were dry, I opened my eyes. My eyes looked like a had applied perfect mascara. Understated, but no one could mistake those eyes for a man's. For the time being, my face was female.

Then, we went downstairs for the nails. I was nervous because the shop was crowded. But people were hot and occupied, and when first glancing at me, my body silhouette was obviously female; tight white jeans, wide hips, purse, short feminine hair. I sat down, and then the questions started. Round tips, or square? (square) - how long? (real housewives long, but not ****ty or drag). What color? (I chose a lighter pink, with a hint of light brown - very natural). The tips were applied, glued on, and then the nails were built up using acrylic powder and liquid resin. Long, thick nails sprouted on my fingers, sanded and shaped. Like my toes, they looked simple, dainty, and inescapably girly. I guess looking only at my nails had the same effect on the nail tech (who knew I was CD), because she instructed her co-worker to 'take HER to the drying station'. I sat with my nails under the dryer, unable to move, to shrink away from what I thought must be the gaze of all the GG's in the salon. A woman was seated next to me at the dryer, but she ignored me, totally. Nail varnish was applied twice in the process resulting in a mirror-like finish to my new, long, beautiful nails. They elongated my fingers, made them look delicate, pink, and feminine. The biggest difference was that they weren't stuck on; they WERE my nails. And they were staying there for a good long time, whether I wanted them off, or not. I paid, and left the shop looking and feeling like an average, late 40's female. I began to notice that no one - I mean no one, gave me a second look. I lifted my head, looked people straight in the eye as I passed; smiled, re-hitched my purse on my shoulder, and LOVED IT!! Drove home on cloud-9.

FRIDAY: I had been told to purchase some birthday presents for my kids, whose birthdays were in the next 10 days, as my wife would be out of the country , -so it was me. Which meant going out for a full day of shopping, as Marina. NO choice. In the shower I protected my new eyelashes from the stream, and looked at my toenails and fingernails from about a thousand angles. I selected the same outfit as the previous night, similar T-shirt (this one was a bit thinner and I thought I could get a contour of my nipples from certain angles, but I decided I was overthinking it. My breasts looked smooth and my cleavage just hinted at). I wore silver hoop earrings, a few rings and a pink-gold fake Michael Kors watch. Light foundation, eyeliner, no mascara. Pinky-coral lipstick. Lastly, sandals that show off my feet and manicured toenails. Out to the Shopping Centre. I shopped all day, for the kids, and for me. I didn't talk much, usually just a "yes" or "no, thanks", but I always punctuated it with a wide, slightly self-conscious smile, slightly scrunching my face. No weird reactions, at all!! I browsed areas of shops I had always been nervous in, like the lingerie section, or the shoe section of bigger department stores. I was previously worried about being clocked in the lingerie section, or something. This time, I had sales staff approach me, other women browsing the same rack as me, jockeying for position with them, and not a single second look. In the shoe section, I tried on everything - including some towering heels. Usually my height (5'10") makes me nervous about being in heels, but no one seemed interested. I felt totally normal, totally relaxed, totally free, and totally girly.

My 'crisis' moment was in the Ladies restroom at the Shopping Centre, when 2 teenage girls entered as I was in the stall, waiting for them to leave - but they were having a long conversation while one was busy. I figured if they thought a male had been lurking in the Bathroom, it would be trouble, and I was nervous. But after a few minutes, I left the stall, just as they left their stall and prepared to leave. We almost bumped, exchanged looks, I made my way over to wash my hands, dry them, and they just kept talking. If I got no reaction from THEM, I must be Golden. I had a wonderful day and then went out shopping for food. Watched a movie at home, staring at my toes peeking out of my harem pants, and at my long pink nails on my lap.

SATURDAY: Really hot. Didn't really feel like spending the time to dress up, after the high of yesterday, but I couldn't very well leave the house with those nails, and lashes. Plus, I felt more confident than I ever have, presenting as Marina. I decided I would spend the evening out, in heels. I decided to give myself a bit of a safety factor, so I drove in to Toronto and bought a pair of 3" tan-coloured pumps (I dithered for about an hour (and tried on lots of other pairs! deciding on peep-toe vs pump, since I loved my toes) but decided that the pumps were a bit sexier. Again, White super-skinny jeans, gauzy blouse, pink bra, silver jewelry and tan pumps. Then I went to a Drag show at 'Tangoes and Crews', in the Gay Village. I was one of many women, predominantly GGs, and I was happily unsure of whether the women thought I was CD, or GG. Then I strolled the cool night air until my feet were killing me!! The first high of seeing myself with feminine features like long eyelashes, manicured pink toenails and long, natural fingernails was superseded by the second high of apparently TOTALLY passing the day before, albeit by dressing down and wearing flats. Tonight, I was apparently succeeding at slightly sexy. Clicking down the street and looking down at my skinny jeans and pumps tracing a straight line, while feeling my hips sway, my earrings brush my neck, and my breasts bounce a bit in my bra. And no one on the crowded street thinks this is in any way unusual. I look, they look back. I smile, they smile back. My name is Marina.

SUNDAY: Went for a quick jog in a park, wearing some Capri tights, Dresstech pads, sports bra, and a short bob wig, clipped on ponytail, and wearing a running hat. Almost no makeup, but close shaved. Damn, those eyelashes just make my face look like a woman! A little lip gloss only. Met several people, all received my smile, no backward looks. Went out into the cooler, busier Shopping Centre (different one) and got the same reactions I'd had all weekend - none. Went home and tried on LOTS of outfits, feeling more feminine than I ever had in my life.

MONDAY: Time to say goodbye to Marina. Removing Acrylic nails is hard, but here's what I learned - the acrylic is thick, and literally bonded to your nail. You can sand off the top few millimetres, and when the nail is considerably thinner, then try dissolving the remainder with Acetone. Make sure the nail polish remover contains acetone, and I would recommend the 100% acetone that is used in salons. Trying to dissolve my nails in just acetone would have taken about 6 hours. It may help to place the dish of acetone in a second dish of hot water, to heat it . (It goes without saying that you don't heat acetone, but there, silly me, I just said it!). Getting down to your real nails without sanding through them is a delicate matter, so plan several hours for this. Removing the eyelashes was also difficult, as I had intended. The 'steam your face for 15 minutes and try wiping off with olive oil' did almost nothing. I ultimately put some tape below my eye, pulled my eyelid well down over my lower lid, and applied acetone (it dissolves superglue) by dabbing a Qtip on the top of my lashes. It needs to be on for about 10 minutes, then the lashes can be wiped or gently pulled out. My toenails popped off fairly easily, and I used an emory board to remove the last of the glue. Whew!! Back to guy-mode.

I apologize for the length of the post, and congratulations for getting through it. I wanted to crow a bit about my new confidences, and give an explanation for those girls interested in the nails, or the eyelash extensions. Also, I wanted to write it down so I never, never, ever forget how feminine and natural and accepted I felt as Marina. Cheers, MK
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-07-2016 at 04:37 AM. Reason: comments that break the rules have been removed
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

Mary Elizabeth Jordan
    Wow, Marina,

What an awesome story. You are totally Beautiful. I hope to fulfill being totally Mary some day soon. Thank you for sharing this.

Mary
    From New Hampshire, USA

Sounds like you had a great time and did well. It is fun when you can totally immerse yourself for a period of time.

So fun! so jealous! Way to go, girl!

Platinum Member
    Last summer I had the opportunity to have a week of uninterrupted fem time. It was marvelous. Before our daughter moved back from Chicago my wife would visit her for seven to ten days every fall. That was also great. I limited my forays among the masses to the cover of darkness which offered me ample time for cool evening strolls. I did forego any fake nails as there is always the possibility of some bona fide interruption. During one of those uninterrupted mini vacations I got a frantic call from my daughter-in-law that she had locked her car keys in the house and she and my granddaughter were going to be late for school and work. "Please come with your key!" to their house. I did a quick strip down and makeup removal, but, if I had to peel off fake nails....that's too time consuming.

Glad you had a lot of fem time. Being retired with a still working wife affords me ample time during the week, but, I strongly encourage my wife to visit her cousin at least once a year.

Quite a story - thanks for sharing

What a great experience for you! Thank you for posting.

That is an amazing story! It is such an inspiration to me. I hope soon I'll bee able to go several days completely immersed in Alice. I just love reading stories like this!

What a terrific experience!. Good for you Marina! I love acrylic nails and have gotten them done a couple times. I feel so sad when I have to remove them, because they just look and feel "right". I would love to try eyelash extensions but removing them scares the heck out of me. I have gotten false eyelashes professionally applied and they were terrific - though not in the same league as your extensions. Sometime I would like to get a set of sculptured nails done. Sitting at the table helpless with nail forms on my fingertips as the technician carefully applies the acrylic overlay would be heavenly.

Marina, thank you for sharing! What an inspirational tale. I am in awe, and envious as well!
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Dont worry about the length I thoroughly enjoyed reading it such an inspiration
    You go girl
    Emma xx

Great story, Marina, and so glad that it all came together for you the way it did. Of course, we're all clamouring for pics now so that we can vicariously share more fully in your excellent adventure.

But I have to ask... why the secrecy in identifying the specific shopping centres you frequented during your week as Marina? We Toronto gals want to know , and I'm willing to bet that I have gone to some of the same places myself in the past and experienced the same indifference displayed by the muggles which, as you so rightly point out, just heightens the "female" out-and-about experience.

That said, I do feel compelled to go into Ann Landers mode over one issue here and sentence you to ten lashes over the bridge of your nose with a wet noodle (avoiding those fabulous extensions, of course! ) because of your insistence on wearing jeans or capris for the duration of your "Marina" week. What??? NO dresses or skirts at all during that time??? What self-respecting crossdresser does that???

With the 30+ degree C weather we've been experiencing here lately, this would have been the perfect opportunity to rock either a fabulous sundress or a miniskirt with a tank top, flirty camisole, or the like. I went to the Pride parade at the beginning of July under similar conditions and wore a short-sleeved summer scuba dress for the first time in public, got many admiring looks, and I can tell you that the experience was totally indescribable as well as amazingly liberating...

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Leslie, my mysteries are for protection of me, and my family. The reason I didn't wear skirts or dresses, is because I cant shave my legs totally smooth. My wife is against me shaving (and my kids would ask), although my leg hair is sparse, and light. A tapered, feminine calf can either be created by a nude leg (not an option), hosiery (too hot) or skin tight pants. I opted for the latter. I would love to sport a mermaid gown with slits up to the thigh, but I need to do some more pilates and yoga, before my waist will allow. I did wear sheer, shiny nighties, though.

I'm sorry I took no pics, particularly because I felt so 'in the moment' as Marina, that any moment spent showing how I could pass, would be an admission that I should not pass as female, and 'here is a picture of me doing something unusual. ' I loved feeling just..... accepted as female. Live your life, don't spend your life documenting it. However, I do agree, I kind of wish I'd taken at least one or two pics. Perhaps in the fall, when I can rock a turtleneck, wool pencil skirt and tights. Pictures, promise. Cheers, MK
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

What an awesome story. Thank you, Marina. It sounds like you looked great and everyone you met thought so.

It's such a shame we're not allowed to wear long lashes and fancy nails whenever we want.

Wonderful story, Marina. I loved all the details.

What a wonderful experience for you!

You Did It!! Truly wonderful adventure and well written chronicle so the rest of us could enjoy it along with you.

Very much enjoyed the way you moved the story along from day to day, including interesting details and observations along the way. The fear of discovery, the discovery that most people don't notice much around them in their daily doings and goings, and the joy of fitting in when it counted most.

You fitting into yourself was the most wonderful thing to read, how you became comfortable and focused on your natural look, staying in the moment.

Although women do take photos, I get the part about not taking any. Enjoying the natural flow instead of recording it. It often seems that if a crossdresser doesn't record it with a photo, it really didn't happen. Taking the path of being Marina rather than stepping outside of her to take a photo makes perfect sense. You have your memories, and a delightful account which you can play over and over in your mind. Priceless.

Oh, and about the length of the post.. it was perfect!
    Write On! Right, En Femme.

Very happy that you had this opportunity to fully experience and express this essential part of you. Wishing you many more opportunities.

Lauren

Silver Member
    great story and i loved the details. I would be terrified to put acetone near my eyes but I guess it is OK to do. GLAD to hear you had a nice week as Marina!

Platinum Member
    Hi Marina, That was a wonderful read it was like I could see it unfolding right before my eye.....
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Marina, I totally enjoyed reading every word of your story. I so love the idea of permanent eyelashes and nails to make male presentation a non option. It must have been really hard to go back to drab.

Thanks for sharing!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Marina. Read last night your post before going to be. Was perfect to read it. I could almost see the story is unfolding before my eyes and I couldn't stop reading it. Very very happy for you! Thanks for sharing!
    Katya@

Maria,
    Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed the details.
    Tina

Silver Member
    Marina I can relate to the desire/need to not be able to go drab when opportunities like yours come around rarely. A couple of years ago I had 5 days to dress nearly 24hrs./day but I had the abillity to go drab as well. As much as I have the need to dress I also like my drab time and I did a mix. After the chance was gone I felt that I should have better used the time en femme. Glad it all went well.

Wauw what a Great read.
    Glad you had a good time, I would really like to try a simmilar experience some time.

Louise.

You go girl! It's wonderful to hear that you had such a great experience. Hope that you made plenty of happy memories.