Thread: Let's get dad some drag stuff!

Let's get dad some drag stuff!

So today was my birthday. My wife told me that when she and my 11 year old daughter were shopping for my gifts, my daughter said loudly, "Let's get dad some drag stuff!" Now, we haven't told my daughter that I identify as a crossdresser, but she does know about my dressing in drag for various events (charity, a community theater show, one Halloween), and she recently made a princess inspired by me in her Princess Salon game. I don't think she knows about anything else, but it's hard to tell. And I know I've had a lot more public drag than most dads, but I find it interesting that this was one of the first things to pop into her head. In any case, it nice to know that this was not something "icky." Maybe one day my daughter will actually buy me a dress or some heels.

An interesting and heartwarming anecdote overall, Jamie, but I guess the real question here is how mortified (?) your wife was by this public outcry on the part of your daughter, and how comfortable she is with the realization that - slowly but surely - she must be starting to put two-and-two together...

sounds like fun.
    Last Christmas I got floral tights from my girls
    last birthday (girls now have jobs) I got a lovely handbag and matching purse
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kids are smarter than we think LOLOL.
    I think she has an idea whats going on.
    She seems to embrace the concept.

Banned Read only
    Jamie,
    It's wonderful to have supportive daughters, my daughter is married with a young daughter of her own and lives twenty minutes drive from us. We were talking about things she'd left behind so I asked if I could have some items that me be useful, but not clothes, I told my wife that my daughter's clothes were off limits , I had never touched them. She told me to help myself, now she's even offered to let me dress at her home so I can go to a social group that meets near her, the problem is my wife isn't happy with my dressing so I don't want to cause a problem between them. At least I feel I'm not totally on my own and someone really does understand and openly supports me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    An interesting and heartwarming anecdote overall, Jamie, but I guess the real question here is how mortified (?) your wife was by this public outcry on the part of your daughter, and how comfortable she is with the realization that - slowly but surely - she must be starting to put two-and-two together...
    My wife laughed when she told me the story, so I assume she wasn't too mortified. I also think my wife is more likely than me to make jokes that hint of my dressing in front of the girls, although I don't think she's trying to out me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Kids are smarter than we think LOLOL.
    I think she has an idea whats going on.
    She seems to embrace the concept.
    You may be right. We've been trying to raise her with an open mind.

Rachel and Teresa, I'm glad to hear that you get some support from your daughters.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-05-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: you didn't need the quotes to agree

Thanks for that story, I is clear that your daughter loves and looks up to you. Just make sure you give her a strong sense of self and it will not matter what the world throws at her. Sounds like you are giving her a strong start.
    Sarah

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    That is a great story. Thank you.

While we were on vacation this week, she again said "Dad, do you want some drag stuff?" This time in a gift shop in Canada. I politely declined. Nothing against Canada, but what would I do with a purse with a maple leaf on it?

No offense taken by me, Jamie...this was probably just a cheap, typical "Made-in-China" kitschy tourist bait item that would ultimately have ended up at Goodwill anyway.

Now then, if you really want a classy bit of Canadiana to take back with you, buy something from the "Roots" apparel line. Nice, authentic, timeless designs, and that company's credentials include having been commissioned to design and supply the uniforms for past Canadian Olympic sports teams.