Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing to dress but not to pass

Dressing to dress but not to pass

Wondering if there are others that are dressing to dress but not to pass. For example I've spent the last few days in women's clothes but not trying to look like a woman. In general a good portion of my wardrobe is from the women's department. I choose muted colors and don't wear skirts or dresses, however I wear women's underwear, jeans, tops, socks, etc. I realize it's not the same as "fully committing" but it works for me and I like it.

Others?

That should really be the goal regardless. Passing is relative, truly. We should all be comfortable dressing the way that makes us feel good about ourselves.

I sit at home with painted toenails, panties, and woman's t shirt most of the time! This gets me by until I can dress more fully!! Then it is as much as I can: forms, bra, pantyhose, skirt and top or dress, shoes, and earrings! Hugs Lana Mae

That's what I do.

that is me almost 100% of the time. Never did dress to pass really.
    Just dress to feel the most comfortable.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I don't dress to pass these days just happy with bra and panties . My going out days are well passed but I'm still content with what I can do.

Jeanine, I think what works for you is what is best for you.

There are some who can reasonably modify their appearance to blend as female. I think with enough effort, nearly anyone could. Sure may have to shave that beard and learn to walk differently, but really, do you have to look like a model to look like a woman? There are plenty of ladies out there who will never make a magazine cover.

Being comfortable with who you are and how you like to dress is the most important thing. This weekend I have gone out clearly as a genetic guy wearing female clothing. Just regular stuff. Felt wonderful. Nobody cared. Not even the guy in the hardware store who I stopped to ask about thermometers.

Being comfortable and doing what makes you happy. Yep. That's the ticket!

Lauren

Banned Read only
    I love dressing for the feel and the look

Platinum Member

If It Feels Good, Do It !

Hi Jeanine, Chapter 1. in the Crossdressers Handbook says, The only rule is there are no rules......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Jeanie good post, I dress like that too; it let's a CD wear the clothes he wants and if he is clocked it's no big deal and if more of us did this it would quickly become accepted and the norm in today's society. The stigma of it being wrong is just crazy. Why shouldn't a person wear the clothes they like? My experience with SA's as well as others I have had contact with feel there is nothing wrong with a man choosing his clothes from the women's department and the SA's aren't just saying this to sell, they are mature enough in their thinking to know it's just an individuals personal choice.

I could never pass but I dress to blend when going out. At home I wear women's clothes because they feel good and make me feel good, yes I look more effeminate and if I choose to wear make-up it's usually mascara and maybe some powder to even out my complexion and always jewelry of some kind and I still get quizzical looks but who cares, I don't.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Jeanine, I dress every evening after work but only the clothes. I love how the clothes feel and look and I am a happy man.

Reality Check
    My jeans are all from the women's department and my shorts are cut down capris. I wear panties for underwear unless I'm going to visit the doctor. I have pierced ears and wear little gold ball earrings as a male.

I don't think of any of this as "dressing" but some folks might consider it to be. It doesn't give me any sort of thrill or special feeling.

When I "dress", it's as close to looking like a woman as I can manage. I suppose that is "dressing to pass".

In high school there was a guy who always wore his sisters pants and tops which obviously were girls clothes.
    As far as I remember just about everyone excepted him as he was.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Pretty much every time I dress but even when dressing alone, I have my personal "standards of excellence".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I Still dress and go out in 3 or 4 inch stilleto heels and a dress and wig full make up etc ,and go out to enjoy myself, even though i am 70 next i dont look my age when dressed ,G Gs all agree why should i go age apropriate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I prefer to do the complete package every time. Makes me feel more feminine. If I try to just do the clothes, I will eventually head to the mirror and add makeup. It can be very addicting once I start.

I'm like many who have posted above... 90% of my scivvies are girl undies, all of my jeans are girl cut jeans but they're so generic looking they just kind of look like skinny jeans.

I don't wear female tops or jewely or anything else that might suggest I was gender bending. And like Krissi said, the girl clothes I do wear every day don't give me any particular thrill or warm and fuzzy feeling.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I would find it hard to pass with a beard so it must be the clothes for me!
    Luv J

Thank you for all of your responses. It's helpful to know there are others who have the same thoughts that I do. I can't pass so it's not worth the effort but I just really like wearing clothes from the women's department. I wear bras almost every day but they are A cups and I don't wear forms or any other enhancement... I don't know why but it works for me.

Gold Member
    I like to change into a dress or a skirt as soon as I return home.
    It helps me relax and unwind from the day.
    Rader

The only thing I feel like I'm really missing is makeup and shoes, which probably makes it obvious to anybody that sees me... but that's ok! I just enjoy dressing up, I don't need to look perfect!

Aspiring Member
    Jeanine,
    Totally with you except skirts and dresses. Skirts are the best thing ever in my opinion - super comfy and feminine; )

I dressed to pass years ago: I had a full wardrobe, shoes, handbags and purses, wigs and breastforms and the whole enchilada. But I purged and have not had a chance to rebuild--and, frankly, am not in a place where I can. So I stuff my bra with pillowcases and wear panties and tops and skirts or shorts (or skorts). Not to pass, not to get a thrill, but because I want to be in touch with Kris.

If i am not going out I dress but may not put makeup on. My toenails are always painted and my hands are manicured with the pink and clear polish. But if I go out then I go all the way with bling and makeup.
    Part Time Girl