Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing to dress but not to pass

Hi everyone. I haven't progressed to the stage of going out. I feel that my ability to pass is extremely low even with considerable help with make-up, walking and such. At the moment I dress/dressunder to acknowledge a hidden and buried part of my self. We are all very important and special people. To those who have bared this most intimate part of themselves to their families and the world I salute you.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by jeanine38 View Post
    Wondering if there are others that are dressing to dress but not to pass. For example I've spent the last few days in women's clothes but not trying to look like a woman. In general a good portion of my wardrobe is from the women's department. I choose muted colors and don't wear skirts or dresses, however I wear women's underwear, jeans, tops, socks, etc. I realize it's not the same as "fully committing" but it works for me and I like it.

Others?
    not fully committing? Why shouldnt it be? Going to make the assumption for a minute that the jeans are fem jeans now, so... Why wouldnt jeans and top be 'fully committed'? Have you looked around outside? Women DO wear those you know. A dress or skirt isnt going to make you more fem. The age where pants are 'not feminin' are WAY behind us imo.
    You can't fly with the eagles if you sleep with the pigeons.

I am bald and have a full beard and tash, or a goatee when i can be bothered. Have no interest in passing. Hoowever, the only male clothes i own are shirts, jeans, and jackets, mostly for the pockets. I wear false nails 24/7 and change the colour every 2 weeks. The only comments i get are from women asking about who does nails. They get annoyed when i tell them I do them myself then cheer up again when I tell them the nails are false. At home i tend to wear just my knickers and my nightie.

I occasionally do get fully "dressed" but never with the intention of going out. If i went out wearing a kilt i would probably be dressing more masculine, which is odd.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    I could never pass but I dress to blend when going out.
    Awww come on Lisa! I'm sure if you tried and let your beard out and cut your hair, you could convince at least a few people your a guy!

Oh wait, that's right....

Seriously Lisa, most of your Pics are pretty high on the passability scale.

But to the OPS original thought, regardless to the popular opinion that we all never pass, I still try and try. It's that elusive pursuit that is so fun. Every go fishing or hunting and come home empty handed? But you had a great time anyway!
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 08-09-2016 at 03:26 PM.

I dress for myself ,if i pass so be it. I am in the closet any way,so who is there to impress,...?...only myself.!

I dress mainly because I lke the female clothing. Sometimes I seem to pass and that's nice too. This is not my main purpose for dressing. I dress to plesse me. Somtimes it pleases others too and I get a complement. That's nice too but it is the frosting on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanine38 View Post
    Wondering if there are others that are dressing to dress but not to pass. For example I've spent the last few days in women's clothes but not trying to look like a woman. In general a good portion of my wardrobe is from the women's department. I choose muted colors and don't wear skirts or dresses, however I wear women's underwear, jeans, tops, socks, etc. I realize it's not the same as "fully committing" but it works for me and I like it.
    Well. you've just described me to a "T"..... I wear a lot of Columbia brand clothing... there's not much difference between gender clothes with this company.

I am a typical Iowa farmwife. lol. And, I live close to TWO Vanity Fair outlet stores!

Kendra an ohio crossdress kendracd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    I sit at home with painted toenails, panties, and woman's t shirt most of the time! This gets me by until I can dress more fully!! Then it is as much as I can: forms, bra, pantyhose, skirt and top or dress, shoes, and earrings! Hugs Lana Mae
    ..lol sounds like me!

I just love to dress and love what it feels like its about pleasing me I have just driven 300 miles back from business in heel and stockings just love it and I take plenty of pictures that I post on another site that I like to look at when I can't, while was away I really wanted to get some new undies so I could sit in my hotel room

I dress to dress as well. I wear women socks panties ribbed tank tops instead of bras in summer women jeans shorts ( Dailey dukes at home only) t shirts necklaces braclets sneakers. Sweatshirts jackets. Sweatpants lounge pants sleep wear etc 24/7 . but not all at once lol

I don't think I really pass even when I go all out. However I've had women say I am not recognizable from my male side. I really don't care what people think, i do it for me and no one else.

I've been out in public a handful of times and I don't pass. But, several men have been attracted to me nonetheless. And I'm completely unrecognizable as my wife and daughter, several years ago, inadvertently saw old pics of me. My wife after studying the pics and knowing that I liked to dress figured it was me. My daughter didn't know who the woman in the picture was. And I've shared pics of me transformed with a SA and owner at a wig boutique. They genuinely said they couldn't believe the transformation I achieved with makeup and a wig and wouldn't have known that it was me. Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I dress to be passable when I fully dress up.
    Other than that, like most everyone here, I'll just wear whatever to get me by.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I dress fully or not at all.
    By fully I mean everything.....head to toe, jewellery, high heels, wigs, forms, eye lashes, fake nails....ect
    I don't really dress to pass in mind. I dress what I feel like to......which is most cases very girly or womanly (halter dresses, off shoulder, thin straps, high heel sandals...ect this is what make me feel good and feel womanly.

I just dress as a guy in women's clothing. I always wear panties which are obviously never seen. I usually have a bra on which should be noticed but I'm not sure they see. I often wear flared women's jeans and a t shirt. leggings or yoga pants all the time. and I sometimes goog out in a skirt. today I was roaming about in a pair of Victoria's Secret cropped workout tights and I changed into a mini skirt and tshirt to buy some crafts. had a 4 day beard going too. that's just how I do it and it feels right for me

So far I have been wearing skirts pretty much full time for about 18 months. Want to find a dress that works, but no luck so far. I can't imagine a situation where I would have to go back to pants, I hope it doesn't happen, I would hate it. I wear men's tops and I don't look anything like a woman, and that's fine, I don't particularly want to. I've had no issues at all so far. Several compliments from ladies though.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I make no effort to pass, i wear what i want to wear which doesn't include makeup or wigs.

I dress to be dressed in women's clothing, nothing more. I like who i am in male mode too.

Unfortunately, I could not pass if my life depended on it. I dress to look and feel feminine. I become a different person for a while.

I grew up loving the feel of lingerie and the look of skirts and the way they swirl when you are walking.
    That is why I prefer feminine clothing.
    My wife always liked my beard and that is why I will never try to pass.
    Conchita helped but she can carry it off.

I wear women's clothes all the time and everywhere but do not try to pass: panties, nylons, jeans, shorts, leggings, ballet flats are all from the women's department. Some of my t-shirts and turtlenecks are as well.
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

I dresses to please me an sometime I look like a woman should be sometime I don't.

Jeanine. If I go out of the house -- other than when i underdress -- I try to fit in with women, not necessarily to pass. I'll never pass on reasonably close inspection. So, that means wig, makeup, forms, everything. Just my preference, but I guess I want to feel as feminine as possible. If you feel good in your approach that's great. Enjoy!

I'm primarily in it for the feel of the clothing so I can relate. Every once in a while, I wonder would it be like to do the whole routine but haven't really ever gone there. So, if it feels good... DO IT!

Lacy PJs

I think we all do that often. Whenever we underdress or combine female clothes and accessories with male clothes, we are actually dressing to dress, not to pass. I do that almost on daily basis (mostly underdress, sometimes I wear not so obvious female shoes or pants). I fully dress only when I go out at night and that is not very often.